Merc/Trooper Kolto Missile/Bomb

normic

While leveling as a Merc Healer one of the most exciting talents I found in my tree was without question Kolto Missile. When I finally got it I loved it, who wouldn't love an instant aoe heal? But the more I used it in FPs the more it annoyed me.

This should really be a smart heal, in that, if there are 4 people in it's area it would heal the 3 with the least health. I can only imagine how annoying this gets in 8/16 man ops, being thrown into a melee group and seeing it overheal people at full... Any thoughts on this spell?

In most cases you should be using it for its buffs. Aiming it into a group of players of mixed damage levels is only feasible if they are far enough apart that you can accurately aim. Otherwise you'll generally be better off split casting your heals onto targets.

In most cases you should be using it for its buffs. Aiming it into a group of players of mixed damage levels is only feasible if they are far enough apart that you can accurately aim. Otherwise you'll generally be better off split casting your heals onto targets.

I understand that it's better to use it that way now, but if it was a smart heal we wouldn't have that problem.

my missile hits for 1500-2500k heal at 50, plus anytime i want i can drop 10% damage reduction on players, and on top of that you get an extra 5% healing on whoever it hits.

Its also able to be cast while moving, on a reasonably short cooldown. also, the healing is from anyone, so people need to rethink the missile, frankly its a very valuable tool in both raid and pvp situations.

Look, I'm not saying the kolto missile is a horrible skill.

what I AM saying is that 1500-2500 heal is most likely overheal if shot into a large group of people with varying HP. Making it a smart heal just seems like a no brainer to me.