The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How much do attributes through mods affect stats/rating etc...?

Cheeseblaster

Was wondering how much, say a +1 to AIM, really adds to your abilities/damage etc...

When buying mods I'm wondering if spending credits/comms on a mod that only adds +1 to Aim and +1 to Endurance for example, is really worth it. Or should I wait until I find a mod with a higher addition.

And if +1 really isn't all that at what point does it become a meaningful affect?

thanks.

Really is a preference to how much min/maxing you want to do, unless you're making the mods yourself I wouldn't pay much for any upgrade less than 3 while leveling. Otherwise you'll just keep switching them up all the time. Endgame though, I always pay for any upgrade.

I adds up but the difference is much less than you'd expect considering the price of upgrades, from 1250 Aim to 1363 Aim (9%) here's the difference:

+8.63% crit chance / +9.27% crit chance

+250 damage bonus / +272.5 damage bonus

It seems like youre asking in terms of leveling. and in that way its not really important to get new mods for your gear every 2 levels, but you still dont want to be wearing lvl 20 mods at lvl 35. doing 2% more damage to quest mobs wont make a noticable difference

In terms of lvl 50 gear, every stat increase matters, it may not look like much to get +22 out of 272 damage to your attacks, but that's damage that the guy without the mods doesn't have. at level 50 the only thing that people can look at to whether they want you or the other guy of the same spec trying for your spot is who has the better gear, assuming that they know nothing about your skill or experience.

Even if youre ~5% more skilled than the other guy, if he has ~5% more stats hes still gonna do the same amount of damage as you.

If you're talking about PvE content, it doesn't matter. I finished the class story and all of the bonus content (level 50 dailies and Ilum) wearing a set of the level 40 pvp armor from warzone commendations.

At end game every little thing helps. That 1% extra damage and 10 extra health could be the difference between winning a fight and losing it, and at end game it's not like you have anything else to do except make your gear better.