Help! Guardian Slash vs Zealous Leap

Modecrypt

I'm rolling a Guardian alt to do tanky PVP... so I'm 30 pts in the Defense tree.

Question: I have to drop the 31 pt Guardian Slash to pick up a second leap (Zealous Leap). Is it worth trading Guardian Slash for a second leap in PVP?

I'm really interested in what some of you who've been PVPing at 50 for a while think about the trade offs.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Modecrypt

Zealous Leap isnt a very effective charge for chargining. Its short range, distance it puts you back and lack of a stun/root/snare makes it ineffective as a tool for staying in melee range.

Its a little better when you are playing a foucs spec and have the speed boost at the end, but its main use is still for damage and most importantly the force sweep crits.

Zealous leap doesn't hit nearly as hard as Guardian Slash. It's a high damage attack, but it's low in the tree and the ratio is lower. It's meant to trigger the felling blow talent as well as agility training. Without those it's really nothing special. Short answer: no.

You'd probably want Unremitting for tanky pvp, as others have said zealous leap isnt great as a charge, its more a second set up for a sweep bomb. unremiiting especially when you are looking to tank etc is awesome(many people blow their stun or knockbacks as soon as you charge at them, so you can laugh as their cc does nothing while you beat on their face and take 20% less damage!)

You'd probably want Unremitting for tanky pvp, as others have said zealous leap isnt great as a charge, its more a second set up for a sweep bomb. unremiiting especially when you are looking to tank etc is awesome(many people blow their stun or knockbacks as soon as you charge at them, so you can laugh as their cc does nothing while you beat on their face and take 20% less damage!)

Sadly, when you start Ops you'll find unremitting lacking. Several of the ops bosses are immune to force leap. They are straight up invulnerable to it. You can not leap to them(it's grayed out). The one I can think of off the top of my head is Soa in EV. That makes unremitting useless.

I've been able to leap most Ops bosses with Soa being the major exception. The only times you would really get a good opportunity to Force leap Soa is at the beginning or some parts of phase 3, when he isn't attacking anyway.

I know you can leap XRR-3, Gharj, Infernal Council members, Bonethrasher, Sorno, and Kharagga. I haven't tried to leap Jarg or the Heavy Lifter

I'm rolling a Guardian alt to do tanky PVP... so I'm 30 pts in the Defense tree.

Question: I have to drop the 31 pt Guardian Slash to pick up a second leap (Zealous Leap). Is it worth trading Guardian Slash for a second leap in PVP?

I'm really interested in what some of you who've been PVPing at 50 for a while think about the trade offs.

Thanks in advance.

No, it isn't worth it. You want those three quick sunder stacks and the heavy damage. Guardian slash is about the only thing that gets me the 2.5k medal, or if I get a good Execute.

Zealous Leap is good if you're going through the focus tree and picking up the synergies, if you don't have those, then it's not worth it.