Guilds, guilds, guilds.

Drom

Disclaimer: I've played since day 1 (Dec 13th) and a few weeks in beta. I'm planning to stay for at least 2 months more and I've enjoyed the lvl 1-50 story/progress.

Now I'm geared lvl 50 guildmaster with alt leveling pretty fast (20ish atm) and I've got a real problem.

Yes, guilds in SWTOR are just glorified chat and friendlist, nothing more nothing less. I know, we are getting guild bank in near future, but that's hardly a reason for people to care about the guild and try to work together on something. There is virtually no content for guilds at all. Even operations are easily done in pugs and guild got no benefit from completing them as a team. Not even a freaking worthless title called "Guild ops member" or w/e

So Bioware? Where is some kind of guild progression, benefits or anything? I know you talked vaugly about guild ships (combat/craft/housing), whitch would be great high-end guild content, but all you're talking about now is a guildbank. What a gamechanger :rolleyes:

I think guilds are the key to keep players around. Give us some long term goals. Both for PvE, PvP, RP and crafting. Someting we can focus on and everything we do in the game goes to it.

Same is the UI. It's terrible. All we got is buggy guildlist. Not even invite button for guildmasters. What about event calendar? or at least guild board or notepad, where we can put some info longer than 50 chars like in MOTD.

No, rather keep us away from the game on our much more complex websites. :rolleyes:

It's really shame, that skilled MMO devs you got, didnt predict this. Not even 2 months and most of my guild members got champ/columi gear and starting with rakata/battlemaster. What else? They all gonna quit, cos there is nothing to hold on. No real goals, No group effort. Every progress bar in the game is for singleplayer. It's freaking MMORPG <- think about it. Group should be longterm focus, not single players

Rerolling is not so much fun, when 80% of quests are the same. And the sad part is, that many of us already leveled 2nd char.

I know, hardcore gamers burn through content much faster than casuals, but casuals never keep any game alive. they are not loyal, or proactive as hardcore.

and that's just PvE. PvP alone need some love too, but w/e.

And yeah... no RP content at all, but I can live with that, cos RP is mainly about imagination and there are more important things to work on before RP.

/rage off :)

To be clear, I want for the game to be successful. I'm not hating on it, I want it to improve.

BW never said that the guild bank was gonna be the ONLY thing they are putting in, you know how if you watched the video it said "CONTENT NOT FINAL!" well....there ya go. So...who knows what they gonna add for guilds.

Bioware never lie, but they never hold anything back, and especially not in these days. All you've seen in that video will be i nthe patch, but nothing more.

How is this different from like any other MMO? I like guilds. I don't need extra bells and whistles to have a single place for my friends.

I don't know what MMOs have you played, but I've played a lot of them and guild content is present there. SWG, EQ1/2, even in WoW etc.

I don't know what MMOs have you played, but I've played a lot of them and guild content is present there. SWG, EQ1/2, even in WoW etc.

Do you mean guild bank and guild achivements/rewards in WoW? Achievements weren't even added in until an after thought, and they're nothing special. They don't make or break my guild experience. I'm in a guild because I enjoy the people in it.

Do you mean guild bank and guild achivements/rewards in WoW? Achievements weren't even added in until an after thought, and they're nothing special. They don't make or break my guild experience. I'm in a guild because I enjoy the people in it.

Well, what's in past is in past. SWTOR could easily implement guild content. And yeah, we enjoy the ppl, but what to do when you have no content to play with.

Lack of guild love at launch was VERY surprising. Look at Rifts guild setup at launch. Pretty cool in my book. Hope they roll out some stuff quick before guilds move on to bigger and better

The buggy guild list and absence of guild invite button was a suprise for me. After that overhyped guild program 10 months before launch.

Have you already done the hardmode flashpoints with your guildies? Have you done the 8 man ops enough to gear up all your active guild members?

OPS are hardly guild content, it's group content, not guild.

ah. I think I look at it differently than you do. Well if ops don't count, then all I can think of for guild content is guild quests like Rift had, and achievements. Meh, I guess I'm good with out those, but hey the more content the better right :) Hopefully they'll add what you want.