Stat bonus formulas?

Randomness

Does anyone know how the various bonuses for primary stats work? Endurance is known to be simply linear, but what about the rest?

Edit: Some quick tweaking of gear (removing pieces one at a time) gave a consistent .2 multiplier for bonus damage, but I was getting different numbers with regards to crit chance. Can anyone confirm this? It seems like there's diminishing returns with regards to crit rate... (Which could be interesting for certain classes, such as Sniper/Gunslinger)

Edited by Randomness

Posting this from a guide I have wrote explains stats a bit think it will help you

Primary Stats

There are five primary/basic character attributes in SWTOR: Endurance, Aim, Cunning, Strength and Willpower. Endurance gives you 10 HP per single point, and the other four stats increase your class’ base damage and critical chance:

All primary stats give 1% crit for every 140 (at level 50)

Aim gives 0.2 ranged damage

Strength gives 0.2 melee damage

Cunning gives 0.2 tech damage

Will power gives 0.2 force damage

Your primary stat will always give either [Ranged + Tech] or [Melee + Force], so a Trooper will get a tech bonus from Cunning, and a Smuggler will get a ranged damage bonus from Aim in addition to the bonuses they already get from their primary stat. This causes Smugglers to do more damage with Weapon attacks, and Troopers will do more damage with Tech attacks assuming both had the same base value and scaling. Strength and Willpower give both of them nothing but crit.

Secondary Stats

Presence – boots companion health, damage and healing

Power – adds melee, force and tech damage

Force/Tech Power – Found on weapons, works like Power but does not provide melee/ranged damage

Accuracy – Gives +hit and gives armor/spell pen over 100%

Crit – gives melee, force and tech crit

Surge – increased critical damage

Armor – reduces physical and kinetic damage (all Tech and Force powers unless listed otherwise are Kinetic)

Defense – increases Parry/Deflect (deflect is just ranged parry)

Shield – increases chance to be shielded on attack

Absorption – increases the % of damage shaved off shielded attacks

Alacrity – Cast/channel Haste

Expertise – PvP stat. Increases damage and healing done, reduces damage taken.

Each class uses different main stats and they are as followed.

Jedi knight/Sith warrior = Strength

Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor = Will power

Trooper/Bounty hunter = Aim

Smuggler/Imperial agent = Cunning

These are the main stats that you will be looking for on gear (clothing) for each class respectively.

Everything that is based on percentage probably has some kind of diminishing returns meaning the higher it gets, the more stats it cost to increase by additional 1%. This is to stop people to stacking one thing up to 100%

Also they do scale with your character level.

The bonus damage from your main stat is linear

Also crit after 30% suffers from diminishing returns shown here.

http://img9.mmo.mmo4arab.com/feature/swtor/site_sorc_guide/site_sorc_guide04_600.jpg

That merely says crit rating has diminishing returns. Nothing about primary stats.

Let me rephrase the question. Let's say I have +5% ranged crit chance from my cunning stat. If I add on 100 aim, do I end up with higher crit chance than if I add 100 cunning? Does this depend on my current amount of crit rating? Does this depend on how high my cunning was to start with?

In short, I want FUNCTIONS.

I know EXACTLY how endurance affects HP. Bonus HP=10*Endurance.

I know EXACTLY how stats affect bonus damage. Bonus damage=.2 * stat.

I do NOT have a function for crit chance.

Edited by Randomness

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

This can't be right. I think that Endurace to HP is based by level. I took the amount of endurance, divided it by the HP and grabbed an average from my level 18 Imp Agent and level 70 Jedi Sentinel.

Imperial Agent

98 Endurance Total

2715 HP Total

Ratio = 27.7 HP per Endurance point

Jedi Sentinel

4,479 Endurance Total

83,509 HP Total

Ratio = 18.6 HP per Endurance point

I don't know why the numbers differ, but I'll have to do more research to find out how it differs from level to level.

First problem with your numbers:

Not all your Health comes from your Endurance score. Your total Health is your "base" health plus bonuses for Endurance AND Skills/Buffs. If you hover over your Endruance stat, you will see how much extra health you get from your endurance. Likewise, if you hover over the Health stat, you will see how much is from Endurance, and how much from other things.

Second problem:

You're looking at posts from almost 5 years ago. The game has changed a lot since then.