The Pre-order invites

DigitalBalance

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That number is when you signed up for an account, it has nothing to do with EGA.

Yes but he couldn't have redeemed his code without an account. An early number does not mean you are at the front of the line, but a high number does indicate you are at the back of the line.

Edited by SwiftyA

I too got the email that said it's based on the day that you registered your pre-order code.

However... it is entirely possible that they had an issue with something and they accidently let people in in some random order. In which case I believe they should continue the random order.

Honestly there's no real reason that it should even be based on how early you ordered. I ordered early and I didn't do anything differently than someone who ordered yesterday. No REAL reason that the person who ordered yesterday shouldn't get in before me.

Oh well.

Yes but he couldn't have redeemed his code without an account. An early number does not mean you are at the front of the line, but a high number does indicate you are at the back of the line.

That might hold true for anyone who registered August 2011 or later but the person you were talking to registered July 2011 so for all you know he was the very first pre-order ever.

I too got the email that said it's based on the day that you registered your pre-order code.

However... it is entirely possible that they had an issue with something and they accidently let people in in some random order. In which case I believe they should continue the random order.

Honestly there's no real reason that it should even be based on how early you ordered. I ordered early and I didn't do anything differently than someone who ordered yesterday. No REAL reason that the person who ordered yesterday shouldn't get in before me.

Oh well.

First come first served. Is there a reason that someone that's in line in front of me at Jack in the Box should get their food first? We aren't doing anything different.

I highly doubt that. You are at position 1,309,940.

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.23.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

I know when i preorder and register my copy. The question is where you see that position??

We haven't finished invites for the day yet, but I can tell you from seeing the list with my own eyes, no-one who pre-ordered in (for example) October is in the game - unless they made two accounts and registered two pre-order codes.

We're inviting more people later today, as stated.

This statement implies to me that if you registered multiple product keys on the same account, you were moved to the front of the early access line.

First come first served. Is there a reason that someone that's in line in front of me at Jack in the Box should get their food first? We aren't doing anything different.

While I dont care if they use first come, first sever or random (as long as they stick to one plan) and I dont know what Jack in the box is (other then the kids toy) however as it relates to a food place then it doesn't nessecasy mean the first person severed will be the first person that gets there food.

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.29.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

which date is the one that counts for the early access? the 11.02 or the 7.29?

While I dont care if they use first come, first sever or random (as long as they stick to one plan) and I dont know what Jack in the box is (other then the kids toy) however as it relates to a food place then it doesn't nessecasy mean the first person severed will be the first person that gets there food.

With fast food (Jack in the BOx is fast food) It's generally the case, although not always, especially in drive throughs.

At any rate they've advertised it as first come first served since July 21st when pre-orders became available. They can't very well change it now.

If food places don't do it for you then how about a meat market, Post Office, DMV, anywhere else you have to take a number to get served. First Come, First served.

Edited by Dasffion

This statement implies to me that if you registered multiple product keys on the same account, you were moved to the front of the early access line.

It could also read they registered one code the 21st of july and another one in october. Thats how I am reading it anyway.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion from what he wrote. What he was saying that the only way a person who pre-ordered in October would be in right now is if the same person had a SECOND account that had pre-ordered in July.