Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Gpu temp

Nadroid

GTX560 ti temp in a good case

Idle 46 °C

Load 75 °C

I would start to worry about 90 °C. Your card won't burn or anything, but you might decrease the living time of the card.

New graphics cards today are made to handle over 100 °C. If it's too hot it will shut it self off.

What is your temp in the case. You might want to take a look at the airflow in your case aswell.

everything else in my case is cooled extremely well I have a side case fan over the card I can put on to pull air out of the case right over the gpu.

Is this a viable thing to do or should I place it else and pull cool air into the case?

everything else in my case is cooled extremely well I have a side case fan over the card I can put on to pull air out of the case right over the gpu.

Is this a viable thing to do or should I place it else and pull cool air into the case?

Extra fans never hurt.

it should be as low as possible.

A good Value is around 45 ′ centigrade.

The Temp heavily depends on your cooling system of course.

45 is average for an IDLE temp.

My 5770 runs at around 70-80 when playing a game.

According to the official specs of the card it can handle up to 99c

Once it starts getting into the 70's u should be worried. Downoad Evga tuner so u can ramp up ur fan speed

70C is normal operating temp under load, my card* goes as high as 85C under 100% for a few hours play. If your card goes higher than 100C then start worrying, even then it won't damage the card.

*See sig for my card.

ummm what should my GPU temp be at im scared of blowing up my gpu I just bought its a 560ti

All cards are a little different in what temps are 'good'. Just as different processors handle temps a bit differently.

For your 560ti -- You generally don't want to push over 75c on any consistent basis.

Check out this forum for some good reading and general info:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1139872/nvidia-gtx-560-560-ti-oc-club/110

GTX560 ti temp in a good case

Idle 46 °C

Load 75 °C

I would start to worry about 90 °C. Your card won't burn or anything, but you might decrease the living time of the card.

New graphics cards today are made to handle over 100 °C. If it's too hot it will shut it self off.

What is your temp in the case. You might want to take a look at the airflow in your case aswell.

70C is normal operating temp under load, my card* goes as high as 85C under 100% for a few hours play. If your card goes higher than 100C then start worrying, even then it won't damage the card.

*See sig for my card.

Technically maintaining temps at 90+ C,.. will shorten the 'life' of the card if this type of activity is sustained.

If you find your temps remain over 75-80C on a consistent basis I highly recommend you spend a few bucks and get a better cooling system.

Even directing a case fan on the card can lower temps 10 C.

That said, maximizing your overall airflow IN the case.. with positive and negative pressures, overall airflow, CFM, etc will effect all components, including the Gfx card. Alot of people overlook wiring in this equation.

Your temp is fine. But if you are really concerned i wouldn't change your airflow. You say you got a nice airflow yes? If you want the temp to lower you are better off getting a aftermarket active cooler for you graphics card. ( this does mean removing the stock cooler, getting rid of the thermal paste on the gpu, applying new paste and new cooler. So depending on your experience with these things, something to think about. Or asking a computer savvy friend)

Lower temp means it runs stable and it leaves room for overclocking. OCing a graphics card when its already reaching 80 degrees celcius is not a good idea for stability. If it tops at 80 degrees on full load and you don't plan to OC then its fine. Accept when you get artifacts or stability issues then its a good idea to think about better cooling.

Edited by Kingpinda

I have two graphic cards GTX 260 OC in SLI.

Pretty small case for them so first card is somewhere in the middle of the case with about 50° during playing on full. Second card though is all the way on the bottom of my case and therefore harder to cool. That second shoots to 87° which is a little higher, but never gets over that so Im still good.

Should my side fan (on the side of the case) Be pointed in towards the gpu or out towards my room?

you should at all times keep a good airflow. Ussually outtake fan or fans are at the back. power and chassis fans. all other fans should therefore be intake. so side fan should be blowing inside. Else you disrupt the airflow by having outtakes in different directions. this messes up your airflow. Which results in higher temp.

Edit: its better to have more intake than outtake. this will result in less air being pulled through the front semipermeable slots. This results in less dust getting in your system.

Edited by Kingpinda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.