High level Commandos having an issue getting groups?

keybladez

Oddly enough on my server, a quick look around the fleet or a /who shows that Commandos outnumber nearly any other class by 2x at any time I'm logged in (yes, Sages, Shadows, Scoundrels, etc.) I've been wanting to start a Commando, but I'm afraid that at high level there will be so many of them it may be difficult to find groups for things. Does anyone have this issue?

I'm a Commando and there are too many of them and they keep coming. it's the coolest looking class to many, so they play it.

Dont start a Commando, you wont be needed cuz they can't heal and to be frank, they're quite boring to play.

but i have to say, you cant heave too many gunnery commandos in a raid group.

Play a Tank, they are needed and they're fun to play.

Edited by Secured

Pssh, play a Commando if you want to. You'll be fine. They have great damage options and can choose to be a healer (which are always needed). Plus, by the time you've reached max level many will probably have moved on or rolled alts or who knows what so you'll be set.

You gonna pug all the time ? This should not be an issue in guilds for raiding.

If its for FP / HM stuff they just want healers irrespective of class. ( Rep fleet spam )

I'm the only Commando in my guild but I see the trend on the server changing as well. Many probably trying to latch on and capitalize on Grav shot but there will be LOL's to be had cause most enemies will get a clue on LOS and also interupt by then.

A 4 man all trooper group is awesome when running flashpoints if for no other reason than their aesthetics.

With all the rerolling and alts I'd think being lower level would make it more difficult to group. At 50 PUGing republic the party takes what they can get in whatever role they need filled :D

I'm a Commando and there are too many of them and they keep coming. it's the coolest looking class to many, so they play it.

Dont start a Commando, you wont be needed cuz they can't heal and to be frank, they're quite boring to play.

but i have to say, you cant heave too many gunnery commandos in a raid group.

Play a Tank, they are needed and they're fun to play.

Commando's heal quite fine Frank and I think they are fun to play. I have never had any issues getting a group as a combat medic commando.

Commando healing is awkward pre-27. Once you get 3/3 Field Triage, it gets much more manageable.

You'll always have trouble in heavy-AOE situations, but thanks to our skillset we have enough healing to not only make us the hands-down best tank healer in the game, but to offer up a spot heal here and there around an Ops group.

in PVP, Commando healing is unmatched. The combination of durability, longevity, and burst healing guarantee that you will frustrate the hell out of the enemy team. Just don't be an idiot and Hammer Shot your buddy unless you're trying to peel the enemies from a capture point/door - it's a surefire way to attract the attention of people who want to do very, very bad things to you.