The idea of splitting affection into several levels

NRieh

Atm many pepole seem to suffer from overboosted affection, even if they don't know about it.

Affection gained even without heavy gift-spamming is very likely to greatly outnumber some "estimated" values. Tyical situation according to posts on the forum, is when the huge part of chapter goes without single mission, and on chapter swich most of the next chapters missions become avalible at once (and later - silence once again). I hardly belive that it is working absolutely "as intended". I understand that if not for spliting into chapters some would marry companions before they reach their ship:rolleyes:, yet that seems not to really work good enough

And my suggestion is to grade affection into several levels (same way L\DP and SP are graded). So that it would become impossible (or pretty hard) to "outscore" your current part of content. E.g. Affection II is capped with 2000 and Affection III with 3000 and those are bound to current char level (e.g 10 for I, 20 for II etc) And missions require not just chapter to happen, but the exact affection level. And then there'll be no "chain-talks" and "long silence". I suppose. And what do you think?

Edited by NRieh

Its a wonderful idea and I have been thinking about the same thing. Not sure if this post is noticed with that subject title..

We really should spread this. I would have enjoyed the companion talks more if they had been spread out.

I also would have liked being able to do it in other places since getting married and making out by my locker isnt so hot... ;P