Music in the Starwars universe, hhhmmm....

AJworth

I just got to thinkin...what kind of music do you guys think the people of the starwars universe listens to. Im not talkin about the cantina music, yeah we have all gottin used to that being in the series but I'm being really honest right now.

What kind of music do you guys think they would listen too. Do you guys think rap, country, and rock still exist, or do you think those genre of music pasted away and just disappear. Has like spacey music techno, and dubstep takin hold of the universe. Personally I would hope rock still exist because im a big fan of it.

Just leave your ideas so that I know Im not the only one that has this question.

Well sorry for just asking a simple question. I know this has nothing to do with "our" future and time. It was just suppose to be a fun simple question. Geeze sorry for posting a fun question. These are the kind of questions that expand the star wars universe. Oh, my bad I shouldn't be creative. Edited by AJworth

Well sorry for just asking a simple question. I know this has nothing to do with "our" future and time. It was just suppose to be a fun simple question. Geeze sorry for posting a fun question. These are the kind of questions that expand the star wars universe. Oh, my bad I shouldn't be creative.

Well first off, I don't think he was trying to offend your idea, but he is correct in what he said.

Second, it is a fun idea, but what he said, again, is true, we don't know if what hypothetical galaxy they were in had rock or country or anything so thinking whether or not those themes stayed into the future is kind of a strange question.

Third, no these aren't the kind of questions that expand the Star Wars universe because frankly it doesn't have anything to do with the Star Wars universe, and I don't see how its being creative to ask it.

Sorry to be a complete Buzz Killington.

Well sorry for just asking a simple question. I know this has nothing to do with "our" future and time. It was just suppose to be a fun simple question. Geeze sorry for posting a fun question. These are the kind of questions that expand the star wars universe. Oh, my bad I shouldn't be creative.

I wasn't beating down on you. Just your way of posting the statement was a bit awkward. Imagine thousands of worlds and cultures I highly doubt there is any particular genre dominating "Galaxtic Hit Charts"

I found the music on Jabba's sail barge to be a rather good idea of what music in the Star Wars Universe could be like. It would be so diverse and probably different depending on your species audiotory range.

But using words/music like Country, Rock, Dubsteb are really strange to put into Star Wars Context and it kind of takes away what Star Wars is.

I'm sure they'd realistically have an even bigger variety of music than you find here. Cantinas aren't a good example, because most cantinas are probably shooting for either good background music, or something you can dance to (hence the plethora of jazz). I'm sure that, as we see with our time, the more advanced your technology gets, the more it gets incorporated into the music.

Jedi Rocks and that funky Mon Cal opera (*shutter* screw you, Lucas), as canon, show there's a variety of styles.

Edited by PeepsMcJuggs