Only 1 problem: MARAUDERS/SENTINELS (ok 2 problems)

Spurgo

Hi.

As a good PT player with some expertise (550) and a good pvp rank (59) i am pretty sure that this class, if played well, is absolutely amazing.

There is noone able to face me in 1vs1.

Noone apart dual wielder!

Against every other class i can simply melt em in like 10 seconds (full pyro build), But marauders and sentinels (if played right and by a good player) can simply deal the same damage plus they have some nasty abilities that allow em to vanish, to have 5 sec of almost immortality, to perma snare you, to mitigate a good portion of damage, to increase their dps output, to attack you more than once in every GCD! This a bad point. They have some instant abilities that doesn't suffer any cooldown from GCD.

So, when i am facing a good one dual wielder (and i know every of them by name in my server) i know that will be a 40-60 in their favor.

This post is to know when is the BEST moment to use our stuns during this fights (how to notice when they pop their DPS or MITIGATE cooldown?), because i am pretty sure that the right use of our two stun is the only way to win those fights.

p.s.

Btw every good player in pvp uses BIOCHEM 400 (rakata *****), and the difference between a user an a non-user is abyssal!! Go biochem!

Stun them when they're low on health, that's when they tend to pop the cooldown that increases damage resistance by 99%. If their CC breaker isn't up, you'll likely kill him before he can use it.

personally what I do is I pop off stealth scan and try to dot 'em up when they go low....works 99% of the time.

and if they do manage to vanish and stealth scan is available just put it on the ground and stand in the middle of it.

Tnx, but noone of you found his *** burned down to hell in a matter of seconds?

I mean, sometimes they do some massive burst that instantly pop my health <50%.

Those r hard hard fights.

To prevent this opness i tend to use my stun asap (because i think that they usually pop their adrenal and dmg boost at the beginning). But i recognize this to be an error, because then the fight goes in my favor until they vanish+99%resit combo.

In this small fraction of time (5sec) they destroy me pretty fast. Usually i pop my second stun when they jump on me, and depending on their criticals i can survive or no.

I found that its impossible to stay at a safe distance form them (10-15 meters) due to their numerous snares and jumps, so the fight will be a fact of dps.

Also.

I have meet one of them, and only one that EVERY times that uses FORCE STATIS heals himself for a good portion every tic. What is this ****!?

you mean a class that is built to only do damage in melee can out melee someone who can attack from up to 30m away (yes i know most abilities are withing 10m) but you cannot possible expect to out DPS a class built to be the king of melee.

Marauders midigate far more then most people think. No BH can really hop to be a good marauder.

I am not supposed to outdamage em in melee.

Surely not, they r melee based, we r semi-ranged. So reply to this: how can i mantain range from a class that perma snare me and insta jump on my ***? :)

There is no way?

So equally good player will always see marauder/sentinel win vs a pt in 1vs1?

I am not supposed to outdamage em in melee.

Surely not, they r melee based, we r semi-ranged. So reply to this: how can i mantain range from a class that perma snare me and insta jump on my ***? :)

There is no way?

So equally good player will always see marauder/sentinel win vs a pt in 1vs1?

The classes are supposed to have their areas of expertise, melee beats ranged, ranged beats healer and tanks.

thats funny.. the only class ive never lost a 1on1 against are marauders :D

i even won a multiple 1on1 last night... marauder jumps me.. gets a beating.. uses his cds and medpacks.. gets beating again.... vanishes and eats the health power-up ... gets a beating again and finaly dies and stops to annoy me

not saying marauders are no threat but 95% of the marauder players are just so bad :)

I am talking about that 5%...

Since the other classes doesn't represent a threat to me 100% of times (not exaggerating).

Good marauder/sentinel player, and only GOOD ones r almost unbeatable for us (i think).

p.s.

Only top players.

p.p.s.

The real good ones.

:)

If you have points in shield tech they should be fairly easy seeing as they are one of the 2 classes shields and defence work on and oil slick is pretty nice against them.

Armor helps a lot too.

As full pyro your best bet is speccing into degauss and trying to kite them, but even thats not too effective.

If you have points in shield tech they should be fairly easy seeing as they are one of the 2 classes shields and defence work on and oil slick is pretty nice against them.

Armor helps a lot too.

As full pyro your best bet is speccing into degauss and trying to kite them, but even thats not too effective.

armor doesn't do squat against Marauders... annihilation uses dots which you cannot clense, and carnage can ignore all armor all together.

In "WoW" terms you are trying to go toe to toe against a Fury Warrior, with an Enhancement Shaman.

Edited by Hizoka

I dont have a problem with mauraders 1v1, spec into sweltering heat and kite them. Easy day. They vanish? drop a scan on them.

Oh man hes on you? stun run away.

It works exactly like a death knight VS a warrior in WoW.

Edited by Eroex

I dont have a problem with mauraders 1v1, spec into sweltering heat and kite them.

Crappy Marauders. Sorry.

As Annihilation spec. Their main DoT (rupture) will have a slow on it. Their charge has no minimum range, and 10 second cooldown. Their slow lasts 12 seconds and has no cooldown. Once he leaps to you once, and uses his slow, that's it. You're not shaking him off.

As Carnage spec. Their Deadly Throw (10m range) has a root on it. Their Ravage (channeled high damage) has a root on it. The tree has some other stuff as well, but I forget, I mostly play Anni. They still have the 12 second slow with no cooldown, that's for all specs.

As Rage spec, they get a second charge on 15 sec cooldown. Force Crush has a slow on it, from 60% down.

Any Mara spec has access to Predation, which increases movement speed 50% for 10 seconds. It does require 30 Fury, but that doesn't take long. And Mara can always pop Frenzy and get a full 30 Fury stack instantly at any time. With Anni spec, Predation movement boost goes to 80%. That is, he's running almost as fast as a person riding a speeder. For 10 seconds. Yeah, kite THAT. If he doesn't pop Frenzy for the first Predation, he can do them back to back. That's 20 seconds of 50-80% movement boost. Oh, and did I mention Predation increases defense by 10%? Yeah, a delightful bonus.

Mara is the only class in the game that when played well cannot be kited. At least I don't know any class that can pull it off.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.