Tracer Missile Problem

KetMalice

Original Video:

New Video:

I had 184 Expertise in these videos. The bags absolutely hate me. The problem isn't Tracer Missile itself. The 2 piece PvE bonus adds 15% crit onto Tracer Missile, putting any decently geared BH at ~50% crit on a main nuke. And with that 50% crit you can vent heat on crit.

The 15% crit is just way to OP. If you had full Champion gear +2 piece PvE set bonus, it would be incredibly broken. As it is now with the few PvP pieces I do have, it's not worth it to cast much else because of how good the set bonus makes Tracer Missile, which makes PvP extremely boring.

Switch the 2 piece and 4 piece set bonus and this would make Tracer Missile just fine. The 15% crit bonus is just fine for PvE, but they need to make a clear way to take away the bonus while having 90% PvP gear on.

Edited by KetMalice

Show us some 1v1's using tracer missile alone please.

I don't quite see how this is relevant to the discussion that Bounty Hunters deal too much damage with 1 skill.

As it is now, the class is so faceroll easy that it would be an insult to me if played it seriously. Why are you even defending it?

Edited by McVade

Original Video:

New Video:

I had 184 Expertise in these videos. The bags absolutely hate me. The problem isn't Tracer Missile itself. The 2 piece PvE bonus adds 15% crit onto Tracer Missile, putting any decently geared BH at ~50% crit on a main nuke. And with that 50% crit you can vent heat on crit.

The 15% crit is just way to OP. If you had full Champion gear +2 piece PvE set bonus, it would be incredibly broken. As it is now with the few PvP pieces I do have, it's not worth it to cast much else because of how good the set bonus makes Tracer Missile, which makes PvP extremely boring.

Switch the 2 piece and 4 piece set bonus and this would make Tracer Missile just fine. The 15% crit bonus is just fine for PvE, but they need to make a clear way to take away the bonus while having 90% PvP gear on.

You realize your first vid has already been easily proved to be without brackets right? I then proceeded to watch the second vid and.. you never actually killed anyone with tracer missiles after more than a minute in. You basicly tab targetted everyone to tag the player while team did the actual killing.. nice try tho.

How about 1v3? 6:40 in the new video. Yes they were bad. But, anyone using 1 button against good players would get destroyed.

They're hardly attacking you, i mean as soon as they break the sages bubble on you they seem to scatter.

And thanks for saying it yourself, anyone using 1 button against good players would get destroyed, nerfing mercs/commandos because bad players can't handle them is just stupid and would make them even worse against good players.

Edited by mutee

You realize your first vid has already been easily proved to be without brackets right? I then proceeded to watch the second vid and.. you never actually killed anyone with tracer missiles after more than a minute in. You basicly tab targetted everyone to tag the player while team did the actual killing.. nice try tho.

you've failed to see the point of this thread

on topic: i pity all bounty hunters, must be the most boring class of all in pvp

You must be really bad at PvP. When I am using a spell that has a 1.5 cast time and .5-1 second travel time. It would be a waste of heat and time to cast on someone with 10% health. I can switch targets and hit them for 1500-3000 and start bring them from 100-~10%

But, anyway for the most part I stayed on people until they died or found a better target. Just because I didn't get the KB, who cares?

Seriously. There must be some simplistic classes for the masses. However NERF the SOUND of tracer. Too noisy.

if they just doubled the heat and some on tracer to make it equivilent of grav rounds resource use it would be atleast somewhat more balanced.

but then agian not having clear advantages to the empire might cause the game to crash.

you've failed to see the point of this thread

on topic: i pity all bounty hunters, must be the most boring class of all in pvp

Actually my main is an assasin.. but nice try again. The point of the thread is to show that tracer is somehow overpowered or easy to use no? That point was failed to be made in completely unimpressive videos. Show them actually killing someone with it outside a mass zerg where players can all do the same. Or if you really want to drive it home, show me a tracer or gravity spammer killing someone only doing that. They can even be holding still and you can time it ;) my guess is its way more time than concealment ops :p

if they just doubled the heat and some on tracer to make it equivilent of grav rounds resource use it would be atleast somewhat more balanced.

but then agian not having clear advantages to the empire might cause the game to crash.

Facedesk.

The resource system is exactly the same, oh now actually, mercs have 4% more resource than commandos....

If you're going to complain about the difference between commando and merc, try focusing on Mortar Volley vs Death from Above.

You must be really bad at PvP. When I am using a spell that has a 1.5 cast time and .5-1 second travel time. It would be a waste of heat and time to cast on someone with 10% health. I can switch targets and hit them for 1500-3000 and start bring them from 100-~10%

But, anyway for the most part I stayed on people until they died or found a better target. Just because I didn't get the KB, who cares?

actually you averaged 2500 and even hit a few in 1300 range.. gosh tho i would think the person in the vid who recorded it would pay more attention to those little 'facts'. Nice try tho ;) and as i said main is assasin and there is no way you could kill me with spamming tracer 1 on 1.

actually you averaged 2500 and even hit a few in 1300 range.. gosh tho i would think the person in the vid who recorded it would pay more attention to those little 'facts'. Nice try tho ;) and as i said main is assasin and there is no way you could kill me with spamming tracer 1 on 1.

Yeah it hits 1300 when someone hits their bubble. And how did you come to that 2500 average? Even if that was true, 2500 average from 1 skill is broken.

I have already said they would have to be a really bad player to beat someone 1v1 with 1 button. That isn't the point. Valor rank 45, and I can count how many times on one hand that I was in a 1v1 in a warzone, combat play style in warzones isn't 1v1...

Actually my main is an assasin.. but nice try again. The point of the thread is to show that tracer is somehow overpowered or easy to use no? That point was failed to be made in completely unimpressive videos. Show them actually killing someone with it outside a mass zerg where players can all do the same. Or if you really want to drive it home, show me a tracer or gravity spammer killing someone only doing that. They can even be holding still and you can time it ;) my guess is its way more time than concealment ops :p

Who asked you what your main is? Actually I just started leveling a juggernaut (as relevant as your statement)

Ok, first of all, pvp is not about 1v1, anyone who knows anything about pvp would know this. Second of all, in this video you can see how he's almost dealing 3k with every tracer missile, he puts down enemies hitpoints really fast and makes easy kills for allies to finish them off, just because he isn't getting the killing blow doesn't make him ineffective. Third, he could spam this high damage dealing ability hiding somewhere from 30m range!

Who asked you what your main is? Actually I just started leveling a juggernaut (as relevant as your statement)

Ok, first of all, pvp is not about 1v1, anyone who knows anything about pvp would know this. Second of all, in this video you can see how he's almost dealing 3k with every tracer missile, he puts down enemies hitpoints really fast and makes easy kills for allies to finish them off, just because he isn't getting the killing blow doesn't make him ineffective. Third, he could spam this high damage dealing ability hiding somewhere from 30m range!

As can every range class, a sorc can pump out as much damage as a merc, sure they need to use more than 1 skill, but using 3 buttons isn't hard when you don't need to worry about suriving.

I actually feel bad for melee, they do the same damage as range but are always focused first by the range hiding in the back.

As can every range class, a sorc can pump out as much damage as a merc, sure they need to use more than 1 skill, but using 3 buttons isn't hard when you don't need to worry about suriving.

I actually feel bad for melee, they do the same damage as range but are always focused first by the range hiding in the back.

Yeah, I'm melee so I'll have to agree, in areas of big people it's impossible to do anything of significance because of all the ranged drops you so fast :[

Puntsnare

Tracer

Tracer

Tracer/Heatseeker

Rocket Punch (punt)

Electro Dart

Tracer

Tracer/Rail Shot

Puntsnare

Unload

...this is what I will very often do when I come up against someone melee-y in 1v1.

It's worked for me thus far. I kill melee folks 1v1 pretty often doing pretty much precisely this.

Also note that Tracer, a filler and a buff-maintenance skill, gets used five times in this little rotation and six other skills get used, one twice.

It's the equivalent of using it every other ability. This, I figure, is relatively nominal for a spammable ability that keeps essentially every buff I have up. Also, after doing all of these things with 25-ish percent crit chance, I'm very often out of or very low on heat, and have to slow down, stop, or Vent Heat in order to make it work.

This is not a ridiculously good skill. It's necessary for me to use it, and very often it makes sense to use it in a clump instead of firing it once (to get 4-5 stacks of Heat Signature on someone before I let off a Heatseeker, or to finish off a stack of the +%dam to Rail Shot or the shield ability; Heatseeker is not beneficial without Heat Signatures). It looks like I'm spamming it, but I'm really not; much of the time, I'm using other things, even if they disappear a bit when compared with the very-obvious Tracer Missile animation.

Your gear is the issue.

Short clip I made:

Basically Tracer x3, Heatseeker, Rail will kill the person, sometimes need an extra unload. And notice I ended that fight with only 1/4 heat used up, after killing 2 people. I don't even have great PvP gear. The 50% crit rate on Tracer and venting heat from it is what makes Tracer OP.

Edited by KetMalice

To put some perspective on things

Bounty Hunters buff giving ability: Tracer missile: hits for 3k damage

Sith assassins buff giving ability: voltaic slash: hits for 1k damage max (gives you 30% extra damage and 50% less force usage on shock that crits for max 3-3.5k)

and for those complaining about heat issues on a bounty hunter... go play an deception assassin and deal with force usage