Getting Medals as Assault

Bamautqt

Am I playing it wrong? I am struggling to just get 5 and so far 5 has been my maximum. I'm 27 so I am unaware about how commandos are at max but does it get easier? Im honestly thinking of rerolling vanguard since every vanguard I've seen at level 16+ have been netting 8 medals each WZ without any effort.

The amount of defender points you get from using Guard on someone and forgetting about it as well as using your taunts on cooldown far, far exceeds the amount of healing points you'll get from tossing out a heal now and again. Keep in mind you have to heal injured folks to get points, so you'll have to do it mid fight or hope to annoy some Sage Sacrifice/healing himself.

I've got a Commando and a Shadow, and I've moved between the trees on all of them. Anyone who doesn't think that Tank specs have the easiest time getting medals (and medics the hardest) is really not paying attention to reality or flatly ignoring it.

Am I playing it wrong? I am struggling to just get 5 and so far 5 has been my maximum. I'm 27 so I am unaware about how commandos are at max but does it get easier? Im honestly thinking of rerolling vanguard since every vanguard I've seen at level 16+ have been netting 8 medals each WZ without any effort.

I hit 50 on my commando fairly recently. I've found I get the most medals by using a hybrid medic/gunnery spec. Can easily get:

75k healing

75k dmg

2.5k heal

2.5k hit

10 kills

25 kills

killing blow

I hit 50 on my commando fairly recently. I've found I get the most medals by using a hybrid medic/gunnery spec. Can easily get:

75k healing

75k dmg

2.5k heal

2.5k hit

10 kills

25 kills

killing blow

1K defence is pretty easy too but depends on map.

Solo Kill is one I get easily but you need to be confident in your attack combos and be able to keep it up til they die.

Tanks, healers and stealth classes are quite difficult to solo as assault spec if they're prepared. The ideal target is ironically enough, another DPS class, who may well have the same idea when he sees you... :rolleyes:

Stuff like 300k anything only happens if you are just trashing the other side and they're helpless to stop you doing whatever you want.

assault really shines after level 40, when you get assault platique. You can easily get 2.5k hit, defender, warden, 75k damage, killing blow, assassin, and possibly 2.5k heal if you're lucky. Invincible is also on the table if you're playing noobs, as is 300k damage (gotta love those dots). Thats 7 dmg medals and 1 healing medal. Edited by jedistreen

75k healing

75k dmg

2.5k heal

2.5k hit

10 kills

25 kills

killing blow

Solo kill is also a good one to work for

Fight on the node in voidstar/alderaan to get

1k defender

3k defender

When you hit 50 these will be attainable as well

5k hit

5k heal

300k damage

300k healing

You could theoretically get 14 medals.

The only medal I have problems with getting as Assault over Gunnery is the 300k damage medal. I can usually get this pretty easily as Gunnery but I have to try really hard just to get into the high 200's as Assault.

It might just be that I'm still stuck in the gunnery mentality and not spreading around the DoT's enough.

Nah it's pretty rare for me to get 300k as Assault.

Thing is, you don't keep pounding a target with un-negatable damage like Gunnery.

If someone is being healed, shielded or frankly aware you can remove DoTs then that's a lot of your damage gone.

You need to be slapping the other team up with a wet fish all game to get 300k as Assault and that requires them to have no or lousy healers, no shielding and poor teamwork.

Assault is relatively agile when doing damage and good at disrupting but it can't do as much damage on the move as Gunnery can by sitting around.

I still get as many medals as Gunnery, 300k is only one medal. Assault is a far better defender due to the long DoT and is particularly good at chasing targets down using mobile damage abilities.

Different roles in the end. Both are DPS but Assault is more tactical while Gunnery is brute force and you need to think of it that way rather than line up damage in PVP and decide on how useful someone was by the size of the number.

Dont worry, be happy.

Commando's can get medals for healing, Vanguards cant do that, so make a point of chucking a few heals about during the quieter times in a WZ.

^ this i have 3 50s and every WZ im in I see commandos do 300k+ dmg and, heal for

150k+ and have 10+ medals whatever you do dont roll pure dps 7 medals tops and thats if i manage to do the same dmg as the gravround spam. Pure DPS need love in the medal deparment