Looking for insight on a hybrid Shadow spec

MasterGladius

I dont know why folks bother with the extra 15% chance of proc. It can only occur every 4.5 seconds, that extra 15% is next to nothing, IMO. Drop one point from that and get force strike for free extra damage or the extra 3% on DS. >_> Edited by Kai-Eurah-Tird

I don't see the need for pinning resolve, the 10second reduction in CD on our stun wouldn't compare to the burst damage from force strike, which is why most hybrid Kinetic/Balance builds go that route.

The force lift part of pinning resolve is a non factor for me, because standard and weak enemies hit like school children and die so fast I rarely notice them.

This is very similar to the popular 23/0/18 hybrid: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601dcrokrskZZf0cRrMz.1

You lose some lackluster talents and gain Force Strike for some extra burst.

Wha'ts the priority order of combat abilities for this spec? I suspect it differs from the tank-build posted in the Shadow handbook at the top of the shadow messageboards.

DS till you proc something.

If you proc Acceleration, project.

If you proc Force Strike, mind crush.

If your target is below 30% Spinning Strike.

If your DS are hitting substantially lower against an armored target weave in Force In Balance.

Edited by Hethroin

I've never linked before, but I was looking for commentary on this Shadow spec. Its a tanking spec, but I did a hybrid for a little extra Crowd Control and Damage. I hope I did this right.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rcrokrskZZfbcRMM.1

Thanks.

I am running a very similar spec but went up Infiltration for increased movement, increased stealth, and 30% more crit damage/50% armor penetration on Shadow Strike. I am sure your spec should work similarly.