The FUTURE of this game.

sjwho

they need to start adding lots of mmo content if they want to remain competitive.

as soon as the new MMO this year start to get released, i don't think many players will stay playing swtor.

By mmo content do you mean useless WoW features like LFD? Because if they put LFD in this game I'm out. You think it feels single player now? Wait people people never have to leave the fleet.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im leaving on this note.

I bought this game for 80 dollars and spent 15 dollars subscribing.

Since then I have aquired 15 days playtime on my main and 1 day on my alt.

16 x 24 =384 hours.

384/95 = 4.0~ Hours of entertainment for each of my dollars spent.

Or i could have spent 35 dollars seeing one movie. (bringing a girl id hope, concessions, gas) Thats 2 hours i guess.

Or you know, 7 dollar drinks at a bar.

Id say all in all it was a decent investment.

You like instanced pvp (warzones) and you like fluid gameplay.

Whats easier?

1) resubbing swtor for a month and checking back if stuff has improved

2) doubleklicking the gw2 icon on your desktop

Dude, you havent played GW2 yet, Arenanet (what a professional name, reminds me of Netzero) has promised a ludicrous amount of features, and you cant spell.

Thats all i got.

By mmo content do you mean useless WoW features like LFD? Because if they put LFD in this game I'm out. You think it feels single player now? Wait people people never have to leave the fleet.

i never played wow.

and no i mean, things like, expanding your class story, new planets, more quests, pve raiding content for casual players , (5 man groups) content for 2 players and companions high end content wise.

player houses, more social tools for cantinas. dance emotes, player events. costumizable ships. working crewskills. high end crafted gear. new playable races, classes.

more hairstyles, cosmetics, barbershops. animal mounts, gambling in cantinas.

the continuation of your romanceable companion story . would fit well with player housing.

decent looking Social outfits, beside light .

and way more things that could turn swtor into a MMO. it currently feels too much like Dragon age 2.

Im leaving on this note.

I bought this game for 80 dollars and spent 15 dollars subscribing.

Since then I have aquired 15 days playtime on my main and 1 day on my alt.

16 x 24 =384 hours.

384/95 = 4.0~ Hours of entertainment for each of my dollars spent.

Or i could have spent 35 dollars seeing one movie. (bringing a girl id hope, concessions, gas) Thats 2 hours i guess.

Or you know, 7 dollar drinks at a bar.

Id say all in all it was a decent investment.

I've always maintained the game is a solid single player action/adventure game. I never said it was a bad game, but it just doesn't have what it takes to keep players interested long-term. There just isnt' enough of a game left after the story is over, and that's why so many of us are saying it plays more like a single-player action/adventure game than a a real MMORPG.

I've always maintained the game is a solid single player action/adventure game. I never said it was a bad game, but it just doesn't have what it takes to keep players interested long-term. There just isnt' enough of a game left after the story is over, and that's why so many of us are saying it plays more like a single-player action/adventure game than a a real MMORPG.

If you look at my pic of the ilum battle, there are 16 people in our ops group and like 5 imperials up on the platform.

If you think this is a single player game, you (like most of the people calling it a single player game) have found yourself outside of the level range of the majority of players, or on a low population server.

BTW I pvp in Ilum every day.

Heres my awesome screencap of when we pushed the Imperials all the way to their spawn.

The zerg eventually overmassed us, but man it was fun. This was way after the turrets were put in so it was legal.

http://i.imgur.com/Nc5xZ.jpg

Rocked em son.

gratz you are playing on a server where more than 10 people even bother with Ilum now. Keep up the good work Bioware, Ilum needs fix people are still playing it.

gratz you are playing on a server where more than 10 people even bother with Ilum now. Keep up the good work Bioware, Ilum needs fix people are still playing it.

On most servers the Republic players just give up. We all got together and started working together.

The people who call the game a single player game always end up adding on to their argument something like:

1.) Well I dont like to pvp, i think its broken and boring.

or

2.) I just dont think raid grinding is a viable form of endgame content.

You cant exempt yourself from all of the multiplayer content and then naively claim that multiplayer content doesnt exist.

If you look at my pic of the ilum battle, there are 16 people in our ops group and like 5 imperials up on the platform.

If you think this is a single player game, you (like most of the people calling it a single player game) have found yourself outside of the level range of the majority of players, or on a low population server.

It plays like a single player game with a wow-clone endgame attached to it.

If you like this formula great for you, I just don't care for it much.

20 rpublic players total on ilum, thats like totally massive and stuff no wonder the perfomrance is utter sh**.

Im on a low pop server. Those 20 50s were probably all of our 50s that were currently online.

Like i said we work together.

It plays like a single player game with a wow-clone endgame attached to it.

If you like this formula great for you, I just don't care for it much.

It sounds more like you are just upset that it is like WoW. That is a perfectly valid point, ESPECIALLY if you enjoy games like FFXI.

But claiming it is a single player game is just a joke. You cant half the content without another player.

Yup, you're right....21 players is HUGE!

Edited by Cynistra

The people who call the game a single player game always end up adding on to their argument something like:

1.) Well I dont like to pvp, i think its broken and boring.

or

2.) I just dont think raid grinding is a viable form of endgame content.

You cant exempt yourself from all of the multiplayer content and then naively claim that multiplayer content doesnt exist.

Exactly, and before they were 50 while lvling they called it a single player game too as if in other MMO's they have lvled from 1-cap with 4 or 5 people with them the entire time.

Sadly Bioware's total disregard for EU timezone players in downtime's have resulted in empty servers. There are only 2 high population servers left. Sadly see this game going free to play within 6 months.

Because EU gamers don't like that they have to put the game down for some hours its going F2P? lol

Exactly, and before they were 50 while lvling they called it a single player game too as if in other MMO's they have lvled from 1-cap with 4 or 5 people with them the entire time.

I dont believe more than a quarter of the regulars on this forum have attained level 50, because most of the complaints i see are issues directly related to the first 2 or 3 planets.

It sounds more like you are just upset that it is like WoW. That is a perfectly valid point, ESPECIALLY if you enjoy games like FFXI.

But claiming it is a single player game is just a joke. You cant half the content without another player.

I claimed it was a single-player game with a wow-style endgame clone attached to the end of it.

In other words, it's basically a single player action/adventure game with some multiplayer grinds thrown in at the end. I just don't care for this forumula, and prefer to see strong multi player elements through the entirety of the game, not just at the end.

YOu can argue it's a mutli-player game at the end if you like.

What? You mean the 2-3 heroic4 that you don't even have to do on each planet? Because last I checked, Heroic2+ are EASILY soloable, as for the flashpoints, it hardly makes it for 5% of the total of the game. Can't beat half the content solo? You are either greatly exagerating or you fail hard. As for the wow endgame you quoted... LOL this endgame is so much of a joke that it is the bugs that makes the fights harder(even then they are a joke), not the bosses themselves(even on NMM, btw).