Petition to ban rage-quitters and "Disconnects" from pvp for a hour

Los_Coy

Also how about they have to run around with some title indicating they flee once the other team scores 1 point in huttball?

Seriously, anyone else tired of that

How about you just take your quick loss and move on? I would much rather have an option to vote kick useless players, than punish the good ones that don't want to waste their time with a PuG that can't figure out how to pass the ball.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

dont lump people that disconect into the same categorty as afk'r or rage quitters. Its a completely different issue

I never quit, but i do get dc'd all the time. I cant help it, and most the time i was about to win. Only I lose when i dc (no coms), u still get them. Make me wait to try again, and i'll definately be done with this game. There's enough problems as it is.

In the beginning, I lol-ed at people quitting mid warzone. However, I admit, I do this too now, and here is why...

- PvP is a gear grind to acquire expertise gear

- Warzone dailies and weeklies require warzone WINS

- With faction imbalance, its quite conceivable to go hours upon hours with no wins.

I simply don't have time to play through an entire warzone when it is clear we are gonna get stomped and farmed. I don't bail on the first goal, but if within the first 5 minutes, we are down 3-0, there are more productive things I can do in the next 10 minutes.

The game design encourages this behavior, and until factions get balanced and people are more evenly geared, expect this to continue.

And this, is why the player should not be punished for a design flaw, well said.

This seems fair to me, but on three provisos...

1) Disconnects through our crappy beta client result in you going back to a wz instead of a deserter debuff...

2) Surrender vote for the 5-0 premades who just don't end it now...

3) You let me flag people as being 'terrible at this game'. The terrible at the game debuff would prevent someone playing for 1hour (they can use this time to read the tooltips for all their skills talents and abilities, and next time put them to better use, while gaining some situational and positional awareness).

I'm quite happy with the situation currently. Rather be playing with someone who wants to be in the WZ than someone who can't or won't contribute for whatever reason. Also its a dice roll leaving the WZ, you lose out on your loser commendations.

Main reason I quit a wz, is cos I'm pvping to have fun and since its a warzone, WIN. Not to become frustrated at 7 other peoples glaring inability to play. Getting into a new team gets me out of the rotation with that group of people, usually results in me getting into a more focussed pool of players, thus increasing my happiness. I'm not paying my £'s to make you happy :))

Also how about they have to run around with some title indicating they flee once the other team scores 1 point in huttball?

Seriously, anyone else tired of that

I would agree to this. But the title has to be "My Team Was A Bunch of Killfarming Baboons". Because that's why most people quit Warzones.

Lately, I started to quit them myself. Even before a cap, or before first explosive is planted. I've gotten pretty amazing at it, 92% accuracy so far.

Take Void Star. Doors open. My ENTIRE team goes to the left door. The ENTIRE enemy team goes to the right door. My team stands there, looking around all confused. The enemy team spreads my liquified remains all over the other door and plant a charge. These days, when I see the entire team head for just one door, I don't wait for inevitable altert, I just leave.

Now take Alderaan. Speeders land. My buddy and I say "We got East, everyone else go West or Middle". What happens? My buddy and I jump down and head East. So does the rest of the team. Nobody goes mid, nobody goes West. When that happens, you KNOW the match is a loss. You don't need to wait to see how many turrets the enemy caps.

Now take Huttball. Match starts. Two teammates don't make it to the middle because they died in a fire. One more runs into the pit of acid and starts shooting at the enemy. He gets two shots off before the acid gets him. He is level 42, by the way. True story, this was last night. The rest of the team, most of them Operatives, stealth up and go to the sides to farm kills. Enemy team simply walks down the middle, completely unopposed.

Now, you want to PUNISH me for leaving these morons? Sure. Go ahead. Instead of leaving, I'll just AFK. Do some light reading, chat with the guild, maybe do some crafting.

I would agree to this. But the title has to be "My Team Was A Bunch of Killfarming Baboons". Because that's why most people quit Warzones.

Lately, I started to quit them myself. Even before a cap, or before first explosive is planted. I've gotten pretty amazing at it, 92% accuracy so far.

Take Void Star. Doors open. My ENTIRE team goes to the left door. The ENTIRE enemy team goes to the right door. My team stands there, looking around all confused. The enemy team spreads my liquified remains all over the other door and plant a charge. These days, when I see the entire team head for just one door, I don't wait for inevitable altert, I just leave.

Now take Alderaan. Speeders land. My buddy and I say "We got East, everyone else go West or Middle". What happens? My buddy and I jump down and head East. So does the rest of the team. Nobody goes mid, nobody goes West. When that happens, you KNOW the match is a loss. You don't need to wait to see how many turrets the enemy caps.

Now take Huttball. Match starts. Two teammates don't make it to the middle because they died in a fire. One more runs into the pit of acid and starts shooting at the enemy. He gets two shots off before the acid gets him. He is level 42, by the way. True story, this was last night. The rest of the team, most of them Operatives, stealth up and go to the sides to farm kills. Enemy team simply walks down the middle, completely unopposed.

Now, you want to PUNISH me for leaving these morons? Sure. Go ahead. Instead of leaving, I'll just AFK. Do some light reading, chat with the guild, maybe do some crafting.

Another person who obviously has played enough to realize that OPs suggestion is not feasible.

thats why empire wins so often. because they are way to many people who do that on rep side. as soon as empire gets lead people stop trying and just sit. you should lose valor for that.

When it's already 8vs4 and 5-0? Or 8vs6 and they're farming your team? How are you supposed to come back? And btw Republic wins like 70% on our server.

I do agree that people leaving immediately after the enemy caps 2 bases, or breaks through the first door is stupid, though. But with dailies/weeklies requiring wins only I don't really blame them.

Change the daily to 3 wins OR 6 games played and this would change.

Edited by savionen

No. I get disconnected on average once a day or so due to bugs, especially on Voidstar with the Force Leap bug that randomly hits when you leap in certain areas (on the bridge). Or the game sometimes just siezes up and crashes because the engine sucks, even though my computer is quite capable of handling it. I also have a friend that we play with who gets disconnected 2-3 times per day because of where he lives and the ISP available to him. I'm sorry that you're raging over people leaving your warzones, but there's no justification for punishing people who legitimately disconnect, especially due to bugs/deficiencies in the game engine. If you want a punishment system it has to be gradual, starting at a few minutes and building its way up if a player continuously leaves within a period of time. If Bioware ever implemented such a crappy system as you suggest, and basically told players "What's that? Your game crashed because of a bug/crash/disconnect? Too bad, you're locked out for an hour, you filthy leaver!" this place would be in more of an uproar than it already is.

Unless they put in the option to reconnect to a warzone (which I keep trying to do even though I know it's not going to work), then maybe this is a decent idea. Until then though, it's useless.

Edited by vindianajones

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.