Pushback from Pulse Cannon

Shinorah

Hey folks - so there's an ongoing debate with some friends of mine concerning pushback in Pulse Cannon. I swear I've run into minor levels of pushback using PC (little skips in the channel - not an interrupt or a knockback as it doesn't drop the channel, just a skip in it). However, other folks insist there is no pushback from PC.

Anyone have a definitive answer one way or another? If there isn't a pusback effect, then wth is causing the skip? (Pretty sure it's not lag, as it looks and feels entirely different.) Thanks!

There's no pushback. The damage just doesn't start until halfway through the cast.

Which isn't a bug, it's a feature!

It actually starts 1 second into the channel (not much difference from halfway, but still). Flamethrower is the same, except that if a target moves while your flamethrower is going the flame will miss them sometimes due to it having to travel through the air. The 3rd tick of Flamethrower is sometimes actually after the channel finishes(if the mob isn't on top of you), while our Pulses apply full damage by the end of the channel no matter the distance.

Especially noticeable if you're Flamethrowering stuff at the end of the skills range. I'll take my super-happy lightning gun as is, thanks.

Edited by Kinvalar

Hmm, pushback no, but the ticks seem similiarly moved back like mortar-strike e.g. the last tick happens after the progress bar has run out.

I haven't experienced that at all. My Pulse Cannon's final tick always hits at the end of the channel. Looking at it just now it may even be very very slightly before the channel ends.