Levling healing spec

Dougs

hey guys,

So i was using lightning spec to level up and decided to give it a try in the healing spec. Tbh i didn't notice a decrease in my damage since there's not many abilities to boost our dps. Is the healing tree viable to lvl up? Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance!

hey guys,

So i was using lightning spec to level up and decided to give it a try in the healing spec. Tbh i didn't notice a decrease in my damage since there's not many abilities to boost our dps. Is the healing tree viable to lvl up? Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance!

I leveled up to 50 as a healer and found it very easy. Granted it takes time but it was a lot of fun to solo a lot of heroic 2+ content. Do note though that I was also 3-4 levels above the content so that helped a lot :p

My first sorc I made was healer from the start and I think it is less frustrating then the sorc i am making at the moment. With healing you don't need to stop and heal up your companion after each pull.

I ran healing with Andron and Khem when it was heroic quests once you get your aoe it's so easy.

Edited by catixie

It is very easy to level with healing spec. You don't exactly kill slower and you can chew through some of the content pretty easy. Also, your first companion is a tank companion and can hold pretty good aggro.

I am playing as a trooper atm on my alt, lets just say the first couple are not tanks and make leveling as a healer a bit harder.

I've leveled my healing-spec Sorc from 1-45 solo, using Khem as my constant companion. I have died 11 times (almost always because I did something stupid, like not looking around a corner before siccing Khem on someone). It is a generally safe and enjoyable process.

You can level a healing Sorc just fine, as long as you pay attention to what you are doing.

Resurgence > Static Shield > send Khem into the middle of the group of mobs, targeting the toughest one > Help him kill everything with your Force Lightning/Affliction/Force Storm.

Learn to use Whirlwind (and love it), keep the bubble refreshed on Khem, cast Resurgence before you cast any other heal, Jolt the big enemies who have channeled abilities to screw up their DPS.

Enjoy the ride.

Using Whirlwind is paramount when leveling as a Healer. Get it up to 3 mobs with Oppressing force in in the madness tree and you can easily take out groups of mobs with your companion.

You just CC out the Strong/eliet mob leading the group plus two regulars and what ever is left, 1-3 regulars is easy for any of our Companions to deal with, just keep them healed up.

And make sure you turn off any AOE attacks your Companions have.

if you level as healspec best use andronikus (best dps) and about the same survivability as khem(yes better armor but slower at killing) if you don´t go nuts with lighting spam he can "tank" did almost all the 4man hcs up to later part of Corellia with Andro or Ashara solo.

One point about the heal spec is that i won´t "work" in long fights until you get 2pts in force surge.

Using Whirlwind is paramount when leveling as a Healer. Get it up to 3 mobs with Oppressing force in in the madness tree and you can easily take out groups of mobs with your companion.

You just CC out the Strong/eliet mob leading the group plus two regulars and what ever is left, 1-3 regulars is easy for any of our Companions to deal with, just keep them healed up.

And make sure you turn off any AOE attacks your Companions have.

You don't have that if you are leveling as a healer.. whirlwind is 1 target only. Unless you are thinking of a hybrid.

At what point do you get a group or AoE heal? Only 29 so far but haven't seen it yet.

The Corruption 31 point talent is Resurgence, which is a 2 second cast, 30 meter range AOE heal that gives a HOT to people who stay in an 8 meter area. When soloing with Andronikus, you can stand next to him and drop that every once in a while to keep the two of you topped off while you burn things down, keeps you from having to spam heals on the both of you.

The Corruption 31 point talent is Resurgence, which is a 2 second cast, 30 meter range AOE heal that gives a HOT to people who stay in an 8 meter area. When soloing with Andronikus, you can stand next to him and drop that every once in a while to keep the two of you topped off while you burn things down, keeps you from having to spam heals on the both of you.

Yea. I'm jealous of BH they get kolto missile in like level 21 (tier 3 skill) which heals 3 target instant and level 23 get kolto buff.

Yea. I'm jealous of BH they get kolto missile in like level 21 (tier 3 skill) which heals 3 target instant and level 23 get kolto buff.

Personally not needed till hard modes. I healed all regular flashpoints and regular 50 flashpoints without using it. Hard modes a different story.