Been playing a gunnery assault hybrid.

Vaspyre

Enough in gunnery for the knockback on stock strike, rest in assault. Using stickies over plastique. have the crazy knockbacks, good dmg and is even better with mobility. The knockbacks keep melee away with hammer shot keeping them snared. It's really fun.

Also lowers ammo on charged bolt, pushback on that and full auto, increased dmg with charged and I believe incendiary since it is a round, increased tech crit.

You lose plastique, stickies are still nice and aoe. Its a toss up between increased crit, dot dmg on targets below 30% or decreased healing cast time and cd once you get increased dmg on burning targets and increased crit dmg.

Interesting. I'm Assault and lovin it but thought about trying out something like this .... just never got around to it. Assuming you don't get melee in your face what kinda sequence do you try to pull off.

Could you post the full talent ie from darthhater

Right now im only 44 so my spec is like this

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...ef25e4f4e5fec:

By 50 itll probably be something like this

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...fdf8e4f4e5fe2:

Maybe take the 2 out of Field Training to put them in Burnout or Reflexive Shield, however I feel like burnout isnt that great personally. Reflexive is good but it depends on if you want to lose out on 4% crit in both tech and ranged. Quick thinking is great for pvp of course.

With this build you have a ton of utility for warzones. You get the crazy far aoe knockback, and the knockback on stockstrike, The 18s incendiary dot to help stop people from capping points and arming/disarming the bombs, increased dmg with charged bolts and I believe incendiary rounds since its considered a "Round" Increased tech crit with plasma cell on, lowered ammo use on charged bolts, which is now alot better to use when full auto is on cooldown. Lowered pushback on charged bolt and full auto.. which is still bugged but hopefully gets fixed soon...

Stockstrike is great to use on tracer spammers since it knocks them back stopping them from casting, when they cast again do another knockback with concussion, by the time they land stockstrike is up from cooldown and you can hit them with it again, usually by then they are dead if you have been hitting them as you are sending them flying.

This build makes melee no problem too since you have 2 knockbacks on a relativly short cooldown (even shorter with 2 pieces of Eliminator) and a snare from plasma cells. Just keep kiting them around, throwing stickies, high impacts and hammer shots... when you use conussive force use full auto or charged bolts a couple times, then repeat the kiting. If they snare you, you can break free with the snare break from Reactive shield. This is assuming they dont force leap you, which is why i usually save my concussive force for the leapers.

If you feel like you dont want/need to use plasma cell, you can use armor piercing which lowers high impact ammo useage to 1... and when you use high impact on burning targets you get 1 ammo back so its free! Also hig impact ignores 30% armor in assault, and armor piercing ignores 35% so high impacts hit hard. So with Armor piercing High impact does 9% more dmg to burning targets and ignores 65% armor and refreshes alot with full auto and charged bolts , does 30% more crit dmg.. and is free to use.

I love this build because you can be really mobile with just using incendiary round, hammer shots, high impact, stickies, plasma cell and the knockbacks. Or you can be a turret with charged bolts, full auto, high impact, and armor piercing if you feel like it.

Edited by Vaspyre

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also playing Assault right now (Level 20) and am wanting to dump my remaining 10 points into gunnery. Could you relink your skills as they break when I click on them.

"Server 500 Error"

I have thought of trying a hybrid role, but it goes against most things I've experienced with building Chars. I guess I just need to make that leap.

Im 48 right now. This is how my spec looks.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#8000MZMIk0MZfhMrzGhM.1

I will probably take either reflexive shield or Quick thinking for my final 2 points.

Im contemplating trying out a medic/assault hybrid which would look like this.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfR0ozZMZfhMrzGGM.1

The Shield would be pretty interesting. You can break snare, and never be inturrupted from healing, all while regaining the ability to use it whenever you get hit. You still could do some nice dmg with the assault line.

Thats an interesting spec you got set up there a mix of power yet a capability to deal minor damage over time. I went pure assault with a few gunnery for knockback effects and i must admit its much improved. I think trooper is one of the few classes where hybrids and in a sense are just as effective as pures. Edited by LordZym

Iv crit High impacts for over 3300 with the 15% extertise buff on, around 3k without it. Full auto refreshes it almost all the time. Can get some nice burst in there with Charged bolt, Stickies, high impact, incendiary and plasma grenade. I almost always get top dmg, most kills ect. Its a very versitale spec.

So I'm 50 now. Maxed out crit in medic and put 1 point in reflexive shield. Since 1 point in reflexive gives yout a 50% chance to lower the cooldown on reactive by 3 seconds and it only works every 1.5s, 2 points is 100% chance but still only works every 1.5s I felt like 1 points sufficient. Atm my crit chance is 32% surge is 71%. this spec is really fun. still want to try the medic/assault hybrid but it's gonna cost me 100k atm. Gonna wait that out.

I have been rolling the hybrid Gunnery/Assault for a couple days now, ever since I got the 4 peice pvp set bonus that reduces the cooldown for concussive charge by 5 sec.

But I most recently respec'd to put a few more points into gunnery to get tenacious defense. So with the pvp set bonus and tenacious d the knockback cooldown is 15 sec. You lose burnout and assault plastique, but you gain so much more in the improved knockback. You don't do hella dmg with pure Assault anyway so you are not losing much. It feels definitely like a niche kind of build. PvE will probably suffer but I won't know until I try to do some dailys. But makes for a good goalie in Huttball...