Difference between false marketing and fraud.

criticalchris

There might be marketing fraud. They said up to 5 days yes however if they knew that people who bought the game in lets say December when there adverts still said up to 5 days had no chance of having the full 5 days due to a set schedule then that means they knew full well that who ever buys the game won't have access to the full 5 days and that there was no chance or luck at all.

The way things are going EVERYONE is going to be in by Friday -- so why the hell would people who ordered now not get in before the 20th? They clearly KNOW that they will be able to let far more people get onto the servers during Early Access, and that's why they're still advertising it.

Do you really think they have spent (apparently) a hundred million + dollars, and countless hours on this game, only to make a few dollars from stealing from people before the game is even OUT YET?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One can also logically figure that they meant "Okay your pre order date will determine the order you gain access ON THE FIRST DAY", meaning everyone got five and they'd be running access waves 24/7 the first day to get everyone in.

Except they didn't mean any of that at all, and were not clear about it.

I suspect most would be happier had they went "We're doing pre orders by certain month ranges for certain days" prior to the actual Day Of.

Here is my issue. How were they unclear? They said you would gain up to 5 days of access. The FAQ also said it would depend on if you had preloaded the game and when you entered your preorder. NOTHING in the BIOWARE ads, or the FAQ or on this website even remotly lead me to beleive that I, as someone that preordered in late november would gain access on the 7th, 6th, or fifth day before release. Quite frankly I was expecting to play on saturday at the earlist.

They were, to me, and many other on here, perfectly clear.

As to the info on the first day if they said anything even remotly along the lines of "We intend to get the people from july and most of august in today" and ANYTHING went wrong, they would have had an even bigger issue.

What you are seeing is the same people that walk up to a table of products in a store, which is labled "Up to 50 percent off original price" and grab an item that was originally $40 and is marked $5, then throw a hissy fit that they are not getting it for $2.50

But they did have a chance to play up to 5 days early. Even if it was just one or maybe two days early that is still "up to" 5 days early. "Up to 5 days early" means anything from 0 to 5 days early. Today marks 5 days until release so what the hell have people even been moaning about the last two days?

Most of us will probably get in today. most of us will probably get the whole 5 days of early access and I hope those that get in today who have spent days bitterly complaining about false advertising etc feel very stupid when they realize they that actually they got their 5 days of early access. Even if we don't get in until tomorrow there isn't really much to complain about. Other than the fact you could have pre-ordered earlier and got in sooner.

It was clearly stated on the website for ages that by pre-ordering you could have up to 5 days of early access and the sooner you entered your code higher up you would be on the list for early access. If people were not too lazy to read then mistakes like this would not happen.

how did some1 who pre ordered yesterday have a chance of playing today? when he has already said that today will be oct - november not december????? that is no chance of 5 days for that player and as such is false advertising... they cant advertise that the people preordering yesterday had a CHANCE of 5 days they MAY HAVE UPTO 5 days.. a CHANCE of 5 days?!?!?! LIES all ****in lies lol

I know see the issue. To you, "Up To Five Days Early" means as many as 5 days early. To Bioware, and those of us who see bioware's point of view, "Up To Five Days Early" means you get a chance to play sometime between the 15th and 19th. You are angry that people who just preordered will only get 4 days early, on the 16th, despite the fact that 4 days falls well with in Bioware's promised range of the 15th through the 19th.

how did some1 who pre ordered yesterday have a chance of playing today? when he has already said that today will be oct - november not december????? that is no chance of 5 days for that player and as such is false advertising... they cant advertise that the people preordering yesterday had a CHANCE of 5 days they MAY HAVE UPTO 5 days.. a CHANCE of 5 days?!?!?! LIES all ****in lies lol

No **** Sherlock... ;) Im rather discussing things that seem like im not the only one that have assumed when i pre ordered. Quick glance at the few thousand posts these last days shows that there are many that feel like i do.

That's really also not BioWare's problem. All the information was available before you could buy the pre-order and they stated countless times how EGA would work. The fact that % of their clients didn't understand the message (or didn't bother to read it) does not validate your argument.

I pre-ordered my game by clicking an add that said "Pre-order now and get early access" and "Pre-order now and get game access as soon as possible".

I see people playing, so game access is possible. Yet i'm not playing, so the add was a lie...

edit: It was Origin (so official) store, language was Finnish.

Edited by Viikuna

I pre-ordered my game by clicking an add that said "Pre-order now and get early access" and "Pre-order now and get game access as soon as possible".

I see people playing, so game access is possible. Yet i'm not playing, so the add was a lie...

edit: It was Origin (so official) store, language was Finnish.

It also said, on EVERY SINGLE PAGE at the bottom, in small letters:

ENTITLEMENT TO EARLY ACCESS IS CONTINGENT ON THE DATE OF YOUR PRE-ORDER AND THE RELEASE DATE OF THE PRODUCT. SEE PRE-ORDER FAQ'S AT http://WWW.SWTOR.COM/PREORDER/FAQ FOR DETAILS.

Have you read that? Have you checked the page linked? No? Ok, your own damn fault.

/thread

I never, EVER, saw any banner that said flat out "You can get 5 days of early access".

The terms "five days" and "early access", were ALWAYS proceeding the words "up to".

ALWAYS.

In the same large font. Right in front of your face.

I flat out knew that derping hard like I did and waiting until december to put in my code I would only get a day or two of early access.

Because I know how to read.

This. What is with all the complaining? The game isn't even out yet.