Reroll = Bioware Endgame? No, allow server transfers.

SoulstitchMMO

My guild is a world pvp guild. We were Empire and were tired of all the massive imbalance on our server DWC. So some of our officers went and researched for a good Republic Server and found HoG. We rolled republic there and when we get to end game, we are hoping that our server population will have enough to handle our pvp needs.

What we aren't going to want to do is have to reroll to another server, again, to handle the server population problems.

When is Bioware going to allow server transfers so the answer isn't always "don't like it reroll".

In a game built for pve, advertised for its pve content, admitted that its pvp was an afterthought.... people still complain about pvp... again IMO if you want pvp play a MMOA like WoT or LoL. PvE games haven't done PvP well since DAoC with its three realms.

In a game built for pve, advertised for its pve content, admitted that its pvp was an afterthought.... people still complain about pvp... again IMO if you want pvp play a MMOA like WoT or LoL. PvE games haven't done PvP well since DAoC with its three realms.

*Cough* World pvp in vanilla WoW was a lot of fun, just saying.

And LoL is a TOTALLY different playstyle then any MMO I've played.

James Ohlen has already stated that:

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.

Obviously Bioware is at least marketing the game as a pvp game. Not just a pve game. Which is why it's important to allow server transfers so if your server is dead, you can swap to a server that isn't as dead instead of having to reroll.

James Ohlen has already stated that:

Obviously Bioware is at least marketing the game as a pvp game. Not just a pve game. Which is why it's important to allow server transfers so if your server is dead, you can swap to a server that isn't as dead instead of having to reroll.

An Ohlen quote does not make a marketing pitch ... and I am sorry if I missed an ad or column devoted to the pvp in this game. And to be honest my experience of server transfers is they do more harm than good as they tend to overbalance things even further.

An Ohlen quote does not make a marketing pitch ... and I am sorry if I missed an ad or column devoted to the pvp in this game. And to be honest my experience of server transfers is they do more harm than good as they tend to overbalance things even further.

Yes well your anecdotal evidence aside, it would be good for players that want to actually participate in world pvp to be able to transfer to servers where it's happening instead of having to constantly reroll to find it.

Calling it anecdotal doesn't make it less true. The games that have allowed transfers people tend to flock to same faction high population servers. This further imbalances that faction. The proper solution, and the one that few are willing to embrace is to unfortunately reroll to the other faction.

let me try again to explain why server transfers will not work.

Lets take 6 PVP servers. Now out of those servers 5 of them are imperial heavy and only one is Republic heavy. If you allow transfers the majority of imperials will flood the republic server to get more pvp, meanwhile the republics will filter out into the imperial servers ... creating ... yep 6 servers that are now imperial heavy with the same complaints...

Sorry I don't have any crayons to illustrate my point further. :(

let me try again to explain why server transfers will not work.

Lets take 6 PVP servers. Now out of those servers 5 of them are imperial heavy and only one is Republic heavy. If you allow transfers the majority of imperials will flood the republic server to get more pvp, meanwhile the republics will filter out into the imperial servers ... creating ... yep 6 servers that are now imperial heavy with the same complaints...

Sorry I don't have any crayons to illustrate my point further. :(

Yeah and the alternative is that those guilds just reroll and have to waste more time leveling up to get to a dead end game server. So still it's better for the players to allow them to transfer as they see fit to find world pvp instead of just keeping the servers the way they are.

Yeah and the alternative is that those guilds just reroll and have to waste more time leveling up to get to a dead end game server. So still it's better for the players to allow them to transfer as they see fit to find world pvp instead of just keeping the servers the way they are.

Hello Wall, how are things with you today??

This subject needs to be adressed. I understand some would like to have a reroll instead of trasnfer, but look at it this way. Your first character is your first character. It has sentimental value. Most people do not want to go through an entire game again just to pvp on end game content it just doesn't make sense to me. I have a Jedi Guardian on a West coast server. However, I have moved to the East coast, and I do not want to reroll as a Jedi Guardian once more. Regardless if it breaks server balance if there is such a thing, you are shooting for perfection anyway.

Just give people options that appeal to them, server transfers being one of them. I enjoy the game because it is fun, not because of imbalances. The way I figure it is this. If there are more Sith than republics, well that gives me more things to throw things at! Do not be discouraged because people find they no longer find anything appealing on a particular server. It is merely being asked for convinence.

Caerdros

But PVE is a mind numbing and boring.....................................................

Done it, oh well do it again.................also more people pvp than pve

Best example of rose-colored glasses, ever.

Oh I am sorry, but I what do you mean by that?

World PvP in WoW Vanilla - the battles around Tarren Mill, the Barrens, the 80-120 (aka 2 to 3 raids) attacking the Capitals. The sieges of Duskwood and so on.

The Alterac Valley battles that lasted 2 or 3 days, when the PvP was just server wide not corss realm. Yes you had to wait in queue for the Battle Grounds when there was server imbalance and WSG and AB could end in a couple of minutes cos opposing team was a premade.

But you could also take few friends and attack Cross Roads and wait till the Horde comes to defend it and ofcourse defend they did. Everyone could atleast see the world defense chat (when it was still there) and react.

At this point, there is more world PvP going on at the tavern in Goldshire on a single server in WoW than anyone could see in SWToR.