The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sniper PvP - Gear?

BuIIseye

Currently rank 57. I'm a Sniper, Lethality specced, and wearing full Enforcers.

Yeah, the sniper set would be Field Tech, but I prefered the 4 piece of Enforcer for +5 energy rather than the field tech set bonus.

What should I be doing for battlemaster gear? Should I go field tech regardless, because I had an idea. Should I take the pieces that have the most crit on them and just mix/match field tech, medic / enforcer so I can stack as much crit as possible? As Lethality, If I stack as much crit I would take more advantage of the Lethal Purposes, so that when DOTS crit I can regain energy.

Thoughts? Field Tech vs Enforcer or going just straight crit

I took the enforcer gear, but stripped the mods and replaced them with the crit + surge mods. That way I was able to get the better gear bonus + the stats that I need. Only issue is getting the right RNG bags. Getting a duplicate helm or hands gives the best mods.

i compared the stats for battlemaster field tech vs enforcer..and the stats for the most part on all the pieces are the same cept for I believe the gloves and chest have a little more endurance..soo its really your choice for set bonus id rather have that extra second on evasion and extra energy thenan extra tick on an aoe and range on distraction, thats just me though..

i compared the stats for battlemaster field tech vs enforcer..and the stats for the most part on all the pieces are the same cept for I believe the gloves and chest have a little more endurance..soo its really your choice for set bonus id rather have that extra second on evasion and extra energy thenan extra tick on an aoe and range on distraction, thats just me though..

Is that including the offpieces?

If you're Marks I'd go for full Field Tech..

If you're Leth I'd go for full Enforcer's [b/c you NEED the extra energy].

Strip your mods and add Power+Surge.

That's what I'm saying.

Power + Surge > Crit + Surge for Lethality? DO you really think so?

Lethal Purpose -> When dots crit, you gain back energy. Wouldn't it make sense to stack crit to make up for the energy problem with lethality?

No. You get 12% passive from your tree. you also get another 6% from the bottem of your tree... aka your DoTs get 18% bonus..

you should have roughly 30'ish % when you're [atleast] in full Champ gear... EVEN WITH stacking Surge+Crit.

aka.. you're looking at well over 50% on your DoTs.

Thats also around the soft cap for Crit anywho.