The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Way too many problems

Panzerbase

The delay on Project is ridiculous, but lest we forget it's not the only problem.

Spinning strike has it's own delay, our finisher, example the target is sub 30, I que, the animation begins and suddenly it stops, shadow strike is the same. Sometimes they get heals but really the point is once the ability is valid and I press that button should anything be able to stop it?

Our knock back is pathetic compared to imps, I mean we get what 5 meters? They get near 30? Who the hell thought that was fair.

Force potency is consumed by the bonus project from balance, it can't crit but it uses the crit charge?

There's tons more but sadly this game was launched not even near being a smooth and balanced product.

I like the game so FIX IT.

The delay on Project is ridiculous, but lest we forget it's not the only problem.

Spinning strike has it's own delay, our finisher, example the target is sub 30, I que, the animation begins and suddenly it stops, shadow strike is the same. Sometimes they get heals but really the point is once the ability is valid and I press that button should anything be able to stop it?

I like the game so FIX IT.

The delay on project is not necessarily a bad thing as an inf shadow. A couple meters out it allows for breach to hit at basically the exact same time as project does its damage. With force potency up and a double project proc it usually means roughly 8k worth of damage in close to one gcd. Damage like that freaks people the hell out, and they'll usually either run away, or wonder what the heck just hit them like a semi and stand there while i finish them off.

The other two delays you mentioned, on the other hand, are annoying as all hell and really need to be fixed. I've had instances where i've tried multiple times to spinning strike someone only to have my character swing his saber around like he's leading a marching band.

You have a good point with the combo setup as INF, I doubt it was intended to present incoming damage at that level, but at the same time it's a valid point. But I understand if you roll Upheaval, the baby upheaval proc eats a charge of Force Potency itself, that really needs to be fixed.

Another problem I'm having is all the emphasis INF places on Force Breach, don't get me wrong it's nice when you have 5 stacks and you get that juicy hit but as it stands it's not something you setup, more so if it's there great if not use FB anyhow.

I would like to see Mind over Matter dropped down within reach for all trees as survivability is very low in any other form besides combat stance. That may be the little boost we need to live a bit longer in shadow or force stances, I understand we are not supposed to be heavy armor in these stances but I do believe no one has it worse in terms of survivability in dps spec.

I too have had all of those issues in PVP but also a few more that are also super frustrating:

1) When I hit Resilience to get out of a cast, I don't get any protect time before the next hit so in essence, the break of resilience becomes null and void. This actually also happens with ALL of my force breaking techniques so I find that I am 'stuck' in a melee that I can't get out of.

2) Assualt Cannon Blasters - I find that a) my armour/defense/sheild ratings barely affect the affects from the fire power and that b) once I am targeted, it doesn't matter if I am under a stairwell, or behind blocks, the firepower still hits me and there is NO WHERE for me to avoid it. As I don't have pull yet, I can't even target the offender who is too far away from any of my abilities (often on ledges, walls, up high) and seem to have no defense against them.

3) I am finding that many of my 'instant' abilities are not instant, especially when in direct combat with Sorcs/Assassins, my powers get trumped by their activation speeds almost 80% + of the time.

I love this character, but after playing some alts on the other side, I see firsthand how many of their techniques activate and interrupt over 50% faster than mine.

I know that there are SOME scheduled fixes currently on the Test Server, and supposedly were introduced with the last patch, but the 'mirrored' abilities are still skewed in favor of the imps.

Force potency is consumed by the bonus project from balance, it can't crit but it uses the crit charge?

Upheaval procs *can* crit. I have no idea where you're getting this piece of information from. I can assure you of this because I routinely see it do just this.

The delay on project is not necessarily a bad thing as an inf shadow. A couple meters out it allows for breach to hit at basically the exact same time as project does its damage. With force potency up and a double project proc it usually means roughly 8k worth of damage in close to one gcd. Damage like that freaks people the hell out, and they'll usually either run away, or wonder what the heck just hit them like a semi and stand there while i finish them off.

The other two delays you mentioned, on the other hand, are annoying as all hell and really need to be fixed. I've had instances where i've tried multiple times to spinning strike someone only to have my character swing his saber around like he's leading a marching band.

Totally agree... This is what I have been doing as lvl 50 infiltration spec. Pop power relic, pop expertise adrenal, Then the fun begins... run up behind someone open with project (hopefully I get second pcs of debri, and then CS, slow slash, then force breach and if I am still behind shadow strike. That damage will all hit within 2-3 seconds about. That is about 7k-11k of damage on average. When it all hits it is so fun.

Totally agree... This is what I have been doing as lvl 50 infiltration spec. Pop power relic, pop expertise adrenal, Then the fun begins... run up behind someone open with project (hopefully I get second pcs of debri, and then CS, slow slash, then force breach and if I am still behind shadow strike. That damage will all hit within 2-3 seconds about. That is about 7k-11k of damage on average. When it all hits it is so fun.

Upheaval procs *can* crit. I have no idea where you're getting this piece of information from. I can assure you of this because I routinely see it do just this.

I'm talking about Upheavel located in the balance tree "50% of normal damage" the way I read that is the damage will always be non crit, and from what I can tell this is always true, BUT it eats a charge of force potency.