The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's the best 1v1 advanced class?

Frostburns

My guild holds a weekly guild duel tournament. The rules are simple: no consumables, relics, or medpacks.

Every week since the game went live the final battle has come down to Sorcerer vs Sorcerer.

So based on that, I'll have to say Sorcerer, even though I love my Marauder.

My guild holds a weekly guild duel tournament. The rules are simple: no consumables, relics, or medpacks.

Every week since the game went live the final battle has come down to Sorcerer vs Sorcerer.

So based on that, I'll have to say Sorcerer, even though I love my Marauder.

Medpacks are the ONLY source of healing for many classes. Mara's have other means of healing, but it does mean a lot.

My guild is doing the same thing, but my reply to it is: "give the reward to the luckiest geared sorc or ops (ops before the nerf) and call it a day".

!00% dependent on what you're facing. There is no steamroll class that rules them all. If you play a melee class, you will get kited by someone that's good at it. If you play a ranged class, you'll get owned by stealth by someone that's good at it, or ganked by melee with their cooldowns up.

Play something you like the mechanics of, play it a lot, play it until you don't think about what keys you press, win. That is pretty much PvP in a nutshell for this game and any other.

Focus Guardian (My class) is pretty damn nasty in 1v1s. I tend to munch through pretty much anyone in a 1v1

completely agree. i was actually surprised how well a focus guardian can do in 1v1 situations. ive dueled some of our battlemasters and my guardian yet has to loose a battle (this included some mercenaries, sorcs and operatives)