Zabrak Society

YozanCedda

So I intended to create a Zabrak Clan, and after reading up some on the history of the race and such, I started looking for sites that might have words in the Zabraki language that I could use for a guild name.

I came across this: http://www.dream-designs.net/zab_board/index.php?sid=69934aeee9dbebaf917e8b813e59cc3d

The part that I was most interested in was the language, and here there are people actually making one up, with rules and all that stuff, I'm no linguist so I don't know how to do such a thing.

Anyone else using this vocabulary?

The site seems to be inactive, very much soo, anyone interested in such a project who might continue it?

:ph_thank_you:

Would definetely be interested, though I'm not sure if I'd be willing to study a language just for RP... :D Would this be a cross-faction sort of thing since both empire and republic have zabrak, and how would that be made to work?

It's nice to see TOR Rpers wanting to take this up. While I wasn't one of the creators of the language and culture, I was one of the many who implemented it in my RP when I was playing SWG.

I haven't really started RPing as of yet in TOR, but I do fully intend to keep alive what Malin and the rest on the Zabrak Society came up with, when I do.

It's nice to see TOR Rpers wanting to take this up. While I wasn't one of the creators of the language and culture, I was one of the many who implemented it in my RP when I was playing SWG.

I haven't really started RPing as of yet in TOR, but I do fully intend to keep alive what Malin and the rest on the Zabrak Society came up with, when I do.

The thing is though, I really feel I'm not capable of taking this up myself. First of I'm not that good at learning languages at all, making them up... That would be even harder.

The reason for this thread is actually to highlight the existance of such a project in the first place, for those who doesn't know about it, so that it can be used by Zabrak RP'ers out there.

That, and to perhaps encourage people who actually are capable of picking this up, to do so if they're interested.

I don't really intend to learn the language all together and be able to fully communicate with it, it's really more for a few key phrases perhaps that would add a little spice in any all-Zabrak conversations, just for fun.

The thing is though, I really feel I'm not capable of taking this up myself. First of I'm not that good at learning languages at all, making them up... That would be even harder.

The reason for this thread is actually to highlight the existance of such a project in the first place, for those who doesn't know about it, so that it can be used by Zabrak RP'ers out there.

That, and to perhaps encourage people who actually are capable of picking this up, to do so if they're interested.

I don't really intend to learn the language all together and be able to fully communicate with it, it's really more for a few key phrases perhaps that would add a little spice in any all-Zabrak conversations, just for fun.

For the most part that's how I used it in SWG. So, unless you want to communicate entirely in Ul'Zabrak, there's really no need to create new words. The language as it stands is not insubstantial.

Iridonian or Colony Zabrak?

The general rule is "Iridonians are the warriors, Colony Zabrak are the Explorers".

If you're looking for a culture to use as a basis, I'd suggest the Maori or possibly even the Norse, who were both famed warriors and explorers.

Two of the original members of that forum and developers of the language (myself and Mireth) are working on getting the language project going again. We should have a dictionary and a new forum up by the end of the week.

If anyone is interested in joining us, please let me know. And I will post links here once they are up.

Definetely interested! Reading the old forums made me fall that much more in love with zabrak, it really gave a lot more depth to the race. If there's a community going up, I'd probably be interested in rerolling as well, since I'm not really THAT actively committed to Lord Calypho yet outside of maintainign the RP guild list thread (which of course doesn't require me to play on the server :D ).

Two of the original members of that forum and developers of the language (myself and Mireth) are working on getting the language project going again. We should have a dictionary and a new forum up by the end of the week.

If anyone is interested in joining us, please let me know. And I will post links here once they are up.

I would most definitely be interested! I love what all of you accomplished previously.