PvP Gear Min/Maxing or: How I Learned to Love Champ Gear

TheRabbit

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#8000cZMIkrRrdRzczZcc.1

this is the build im using atm... I have matrix cube, Rakata assault cannon, boots and gloves. Rest of my gear is BM. I have 18k hp with self-buff and 501 exp and can dish out decent damage, while surviving enough to get time for my teammates to arrive (using warzone medpac + techoverride/advanced probe). Only class im having difficulty to kill is skilled marauders and assassins. Do you think getting BM gloves, boots and cannon and going for AS would save me from the trouble? AS is missing some burst damage and killing tanks and healers are a pain without support, thats why I prefer Gunnery. What do you suggest?

As a note: In terms of this thread alone, I'm simply a theorycrafter punching in numbers to determine the highest damage output. I can't really help you out on more subjective things such as Survivability vs DPS. It really depends on your playstyle.

However, I can say this: The differences in survivability and DPS in terms of gear-swapping are very minimal, so it's practically impossible to see any difference other than on the damage charts or very very close fights. If you're having trouble against a particular playstyle (or class), then this is more likely an issue in how you fight them than an issue in how your gear looks.

To be quite honest, the differences in damage output via min/maxing through this thread can easily be made up for by 1-2 globals. So in other words, improving your playstyle will drastically help both your survivability and damage output, as compared to min/maxing to get ~+2% more damage.

with the addition of the +41 expertise color crystals, does a crafted lightsaber with an augment slot take BiS over the BM saber?

A crafted lightsaber (with or without augment) has ~100 less Force Power. I was hoping it would become BiS, but the Force Power difference clearly demarcates the winner. Also, note that many database websites (Torhead,...) do not record +Force Power on Weapons.

Edited by Alwaysx

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A crafted lightsaber (with or without augment) has ~100 less Force Power. I was hoping it would become BiS, but the Force Power difference clearly demarcates the winner. Also, note that many database websites (Torhead,...) do not record +Force Power on Weapons.

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h332/Razinon/Screenshot_2012-03-11_12_12_05_755277.jpg

Not quite as good as Champion, but pretty dang close.

On intuition, I would say that the huge loss in Expertise (maybe 2-4%), Willpower (through the opportunity costs of not using crit'd Rakata belt, bracer, etc.), and loss of a third Recklessness would not be worth it. But you could probably make more educated guesses using some guestimates.

Just to reply to this, I still have 500 exp (a little over 10%) and I stack all power because I don't need much more crit (thrash crits from set bonus, shock crits from energize buff). I do lose a recklessness buff, and since you brought it up does anyone know if it's a bug or if it's intended for a charge of recklessness to be spent on the 2nd, free, 50% damage shock that is procced by Chain shock? It's very annoying to completely waste a charge of recklessness on a shock that deals as much damage as a non crit shock.

• 4 weeks later...