Should I roll a merc???

Assaultrooper

Background: So I have been in wow a fire mage (since Cata made casting while moving), and a destro lock (in BC) so pretty much I liked to light things on fire... obviously I went for the PT AC, cause in the description it mentioned flamethrower. As I have pvped my way to lvl 50(Pyrotech spec), I have come to realise I'm actually a tiny bit behind mercs when it comes gvg, meaning anything beyond 1v1... which is 90% of the time.

Well I have considered for some time rolling a merc, and the question I wanted to ask you, is it "heroic"?? What I mean is that my greatest concern is it not "feeling" awesome. Lets say my BM PT finds 3 noobs he can finish up one really quickly (using my 15% crit cd), use the rest of my heat on the next, vent heat and grapple the other one that was in the ledge.

I dunno u but that looks pretty awesome even on paper. Can merc do that? or is it REALLY just spam TM??

Sign: a guy that wants to blow things up.

Edited by Assaultrooper

Background: So I have been in wow a fire mage (since Cata made casting while moving), and a destro lock (in BC) so pretty much I liked to light things on fire... obviously I went for the PT AC, cause in the description it mentioned flamethrower. As I have pvped my way to lvl 50(Pyrotech spec), I have come to realise I'm actually a tiny bit behind mercs when it comes gvg, meaning anything beyond 1v1... which is 90% of the time.

Well I have considered for some time rolling a merc, and the question I wanted to ask you, is it "heroic"?? What I mean is that my greatest concern is it not "feeling" awesome. Lets say my BM PT finds 3 noobs he can finish up one really quickly (using my 15% crit cd), use the rest of my heat on the next, vent heat and grapple the other one that was in the ledge.

I dunno u but that looks pretty awesome even on paper. Can merc do that? or is it REALLY just spam TM??

Sign: a guy that wants to blow things up.

yeah, powertechs casting tracer missle is just sooooo OP

roflol

TM is our 3 buffs and 1 debuff all rolled into one, TM is the means, it is not the end, but PT does not have TM only arsenal merc does...

PT is tank mode or dps, merc is dps mode or heals

if you want to talk PT you should post on that board.

for the merc

Arsenal - best dps when not moving, channeled

pyro - mobile dps more dot oriented

bodyguard - healer

and there are hybreds of any two of those.

nothing more satisfying than death from above imo, my favorite animation from any game ever (and i been around since UO in mmorpgs)

Edited by Yazule

As far as I have been able to tell there's only one question.. close range and mobile or long range and stationary?

Question lies in does the stationary make it feel "unheroic" or "unfun" for u? I mean I know snipers using there cds can do some amazing things (not saying dps cds, I mean there cc's), can mercs too? (Given that they lack the number of ccs)

Question lies in does the stationary make it feel "unheroic" or "unfun" for u? I mean I know snipers using there cds can do some amazing things (not saying dps cds, I mean there cc's), can mercs too? (Given that they lack the number of ccs)

Well in PvP Arsenal is easily interrupted and shut down so that's worth considering.