You guys know the funny thing about this?

Paybacktc

Out of all the pvp threads, out of all the general discussion threads of people asking bioware to fix things, Bioware... has yet to give a response to any of us on these forums. They are all worried about Launchers and manual patching it seems.

But that's just what I'm seeing.

It's probably a case of the PvP team sitting there going "Well, where do we start? They're complaining about everything!". I don't blame the community either, because almost everything about PvP is problematic.

Population imbalance, Ilum performance issues, Ilum design issues, PvP quest design, absence of real open-world PvP, random bag system, gear progression, bland warzones, same-faction warzones, ability delay, animation delay, random bag system, expertise, ugly PvP armors, carbon copy characters due to PvP gear being required, too much CC, bad CC immunity system, random bag system, hour+ warzone queues on low pop servers, advantages to certain factions in certain warzones, poor/no attempts at class balancing, advantages to certain mirror classes, warzone AFK'ers with no penalties, Baron Deathmark, cap-swapping/kill-swapping, buggy warzones, disconencts, no ranking system, mercenary commendations don't exist, and the random bag system.

I wouldn't know where to start responding either.

Edited by vindianajones

I'm sure if they say they will fix something, then others will complain about "why didn't you fix that??? This is way more important!!!!" I think they should just return the Ilum Daily/Weekly back to capturing points, that would be a big help. I'm just glad they fixed the ability delay, that was needed! :)

Well right now on my server "Jedi Covenant" The pvp in ilum is completely bugged, you can no longer kill players to get your daily OR weekly done, cannot use warzone consumables, kills dont count for valor at all. you can only pick up armaments...

Mostly because they have no obligation to cater to all the emotional children on this board. I'm sure if somebody came up with a thought-provoking adult discussion, they might contribute. Ha! Good luck with that. Edited by Ahhmyface

I bet that warzone will also be bugged. Just like voidstar.

New content < Fixing current content.

It just proves they care about money more.

If they want to prove otherwise they can say something to us about fixing something.

A business caring about money? What a travesty!!!

Cry more kids go back to wow please

Mostly because they have no obligation to cater to all the emotional children on this board. I'm sure if somebody came up with a thought-provoking adult discussion, they might contribute. Ha! Good luck with that.

It's a simple question that does not require an "adult" discussion

Out of all the pvp threads, out of all the general discussion threads of people asking bioware to fix things, Bioware... has yet to give a response to any of us on these forums. They are all worried about Launchers and manual patching it seems.

But that's just what I'm seeing.

Ah, but then Bioware faces the problem that any response they give is never good enough. Not only that, but folks will find things 'unsaid' in the posts. Others will explode with fury that the particular bug or problem that they were interested was not mentioned. Essentially, to have a satisfactory response that would draw the least amount of community rage, the Bioware representative would have to write an extensive mission statement type post attempting to cover just about every aspect of the game, what they intend to try to do to fix it, a accurate timeframe for the fixes, etc. Considering the volume of complaints about a myriad of issues, that would already be a very very long post. Considering that anything put down in text would, in the communities eye, constitute a promise of 'when how and where' then they would need to have a solution in development at the time of the post and a solid understanding of it's completion date. Again, a thing next to impossible with something as large as a MMO. Finally, even if all of this was addressed, things may not be fixed in a manner that others had hoped for. or even more minor problems would be brought up and raved about.

Essentially, even a massive post designed to layout an extensive plan for the upcoming year would not serve to placate your typical mmo community. Comitting themselves to something that is still in the early stages of being fixed would just further fuel the fire.

I tend to just roll with the punches on these things. If you see the boards for the start of any new mmo, you can see the same general trends from that gaming community.

It's probably a case of the PvP team sitting there going "Well, where do we start? They're complaining about everything!". I don't blame the community either, because almost everything about PvP is problematic.

Population imbalance, Ilum performance issues, Ilum design issues, PvP quest design, absence of real open-world PvP, random bag system, gear progression, bland warzones, same-faction warzones, ability delay, animation delay, random bag system, expertise, ugly PvP armors, carbon copy characters due to PvP gear being required, too much CC, bad CC immunity system, random bag system, hour+ warzone queues on low pop servers, advantages to certain factions in certain warzones, poor/no attempts at class balancing, advantages to certain mirror classes, warzone AFK'ers with no penalties, Baron Deathmark, cap-swapping/kill-swapping, buggy warzones, disconencts, no ranking system, mercenary commendations don't exist, and the random bag system.

Nothing imbalanced about player versus player at all, only the baddies say it is a bad pvp system. Fact is, this pvp system is fine. It just needs a few changes.

1) Change the Random Number Generated Bags (the RNG-bags) to drop Commendations all the time. Put the gear in a store that use these commendations. For example Bag 1 gives 10 Commendations. 1 head item costs 300 commendations. Thats 10 bags. 2 bags per day. means 5 days of dailies = 1 Item. Increase the cost of the bigger pieces like chests. Make them say 600 commendations.

2) Add the Crowd Control Abilities to diminishing returns, increase the length of Resolve to fill up longer.

3) Cheat the wall glitches etc in Warzones so they can no longer be abused.

4) Add in a "You are joining a Warzone in progress, would you like to continue? yes / No box upon joining a warzone. When selected no, player goes back in a queue.

5) Allow Cross Server PvP. Shortens the wait time on PvP.

6) Add more types of Huttball Warzones and other type of warzones. Add in a standard Capture the Flag.

Thats all there is needed really. Ilum itself is fine but its "Imbalanced" only due to some servers have a low republic player amount. Which brings me to your "population IMbalance" issue. Bioware cannot fix this. It is up to you players to build a server community that is willing to invest to pull new players to the Republic side.

Easiest way to do that, is for bioware to create Server specific Forums.

And here come the trolls of the forum to try and ruin my post.

You kinda ruined it yourself.

The ENTIRE point of a "for profit" business is... money.

They care about the customer as far as it makes them money. They judge things based upon how cost-effective it will be and how much money they will make off of it.

If making a new Warzone makes them more money through customer retention than fixing Illum (or whatever the beef is) then, obviously, customers were more interested in a new Warzone than they were in fixing Illum.

They care about the customer as far as it makes them money. They judge things based upon how cost-effective it will be and how much money they will make off of it.

If making a new Warzone makes them more money through customer retention than fixing Illum (or whatever the beef is) then, obviously, customers were more interested in a new Warzone than they were in fixing Illum.

Along with all the things we're saying, all the bad things were saying towards them, they are not defending themselves or denying the fact.

What's even sillier is not everyone in the community agrees with all those problems, some of them contradict one another, and others are already being worked on.

at the end of the day, this is business. They are going to lose more subs if basic mechanics such as the game launcher and system crashes exist. They take P1. content can always be fixed later and people will wait around for it to happen.

This has been proven time and time again in every MMO that I have played (that is a lot).

ALSO, for every person complaining about how PVP is broken, there is another person saying it is perfect.

I happen to love the way PVP functions in this game...

at the end of the day, this is business. They are going to lose more subs if basic mechanics such as the game launcher and system crashes exist. They take P1. content can always be fixed later and people will wait around for it to happen.

This has been proven time and time again in every MMO that I have played (that is a lot).

ALSO, for every person complaining about how PVP is broken, there is another person saying it is perfect.

I happen to love the way PVP functions in this game...

I love the warzone pvp? I hate bugs that break the dailys, and the RNG system for loot.

But I still love the warzones to death.

What's even sillier is not everyone in the community agrees with all those problems, some of them contradict one another, and others are already being worked on.

Thats because the large part this pvp community is falling over is server population imbalance, that as you might have guessed, is a player choice. Bioware cannot force people to go republic and giving the republic extra benefits imbalances the entire game.

This

Lol at me trolling when you bring nothing relevant or new to the discussion

Just the same rehashed crybaby thread that we have hundreds of.

I don't necessarily agree that all of them are problems either, I just tried to compile a list of the complaints I commonly see.

It's entirely possible they don't have an answer yet for some things, nothing concrete at least. Some of the current issues don't need a band-aid, they need surgery. It's not going to be a simple patch and fix, it will take time. They also can't say one thing and go back on it because that sort of thing doesn't generally go over well with players.

It's entirely possible they don't have an answer yet for some things, nothing concrete at least. Some of the current issues don't need a band-aid, they need surgery. It's not going to be a simple patch and fix, it will take time. They also can't say one thing and go back on it because that sort of thing doesn't generally go over well with players.

Some players (myself included) would just like to see something from them that addresses the fact that there are problems. They "addressed" the Ilum problems on day one by adding a useless cap to the zone population. Now we haven't heard anything else about any aspects of PvP. I would like to know what they believe the problems are, which they agree with and which they don't, and what they are planning on working on. I don't need to know exactly what their plans are at this point, because it's true that if they don't deliver, people will complain more. Basically I want to know that the PvP team is doing something other than developing another same-faction warzone.

Nothing imbalanced about player versus player at all, only the baddies say it is a bad pvp system. Fact is, this pvp system is fine. It just needs a few changes.

1) Change the Random Number Generated Bags (the RNG-bags) to drop Commendations all the time. Put the gear in a store that use these commendations. For example Bag 1 gives 10 Commendations. 1 head item costs 300 commendations. Thats 10 bags. 2 bags per day. means 5 days of dailies = 1 Item. Increase the cost of the bigger pieces like chests. Make them say 600 commendations.

2) Add the Crowd Control Abilities to diminishing returns, increase the length of Resolve to fill up longer.

3) Cheat the wall glitches etc in Warzones so they can no longer be abused.

4) Add in a "You are joining a Warzone in progress, would you like to continue? yes / No box upon joining a warzone. When selected no, player goes back in a queue.

5) Allow Cross Server PvP. Shortens the wait time on PvP.

6) Add more types of Huttball Warzones and other type of warzones. Add in a standard Capture the Flag.

Thats all there is needed really. Ilum itself is fine but its "Imbalanced" only due to some servers have a low republic player amount. Which brings me to your "population IMbalance" issue. Bioware cannot fix this. It is up to you players to build a server community that is willing to invest to pull new players to the Republic side.

Easiest way to do that, is for bioware to create Server specific Forums.

LOLL! Calling everyone baddies, then going on to claim #1 problem has to do with lewt

Edited by SloatHunter