Why does Presence still exist if there is almost no way to raise it?

Felioats

I guess during beta, it was on gear and increased healing power. Makes sense, since healers need the help soloing.

But now, all you've got are two skills, one for the Sorcerer and one for the Sage, raising it by 6%.

All classes have the same amount of base Presence.

Am I missing something? Should Presence be removed as a stat?

Actually, ideally I would like to see bonuses to it littered throughout the healer trees for all support classes.

I'm roughly level 250ish in biochem and I can make stims that increase presence by a significant amount. They are relatively easy to get the ingredients and last 60 minutes. However, I haven't really noticed a difference in questing whether I'm using it or not so I don't know if it's even worth getting.

Gear on occasion has it, stims, and drinks, using both stim and drink raises it a lot and some classes even have talent points to raise it. Sorcerer/sage has one in the first tier of the healing tree, raises presence 3% per rank and increases healing 1% per rank, final rank being 2/2, 6% presence 2% healing.

My Sorcerer is a harvester, I have roughly 250k-300k credits on their server, them being a 24, highest empire on there, I have Khem Val geared out to tank while I have a dps/healer hybrid build (Atm its 7/8/2 I believe), Khem has full blues, artifact level boots and gloves, and a customizable weapon with blue/purple mods in it, presence does help, just needs to be buffed :/

To be fair though, pressence is basically a waste of a stat at this point. It no longer effects player healing and ONLY effects companion dmg/healing. Completely worthless in endgame content - it may have a place for levelling, but is quickly out matched by more useful stats. I would be perfectly happy to see it go away completely as a stat.

To be fair though, pressence is basically a waste of a stat at this point. It no longer effects player healing and ONLY effects companion dmg/healing. Completely worthless in endgame content - it may have a place for levelling, but is quickly out matched by more useful stats. I would be perfectly happy to see it go away completely as a stat.

It might be worth it if it worked to put Presence gear on your companion, but I would be willing to bet that raises their Presence, not yours, and has no effect. But you could have the same effect just by putting real stats on them.

Anyway, thanks all.

They should add more presence gear to craftable items, so that crafters can make good "leveling" gear. The presence should give you a bigger boost when soloing compared to equivalent "other stat" gear. Then you have a choice between solo leveling gear and grouping gear. Otherwise nobody would go for presence gear, if the other gear was just as good for soloing and also superior for grouping (without companions).

When they consolidated stats back in July (i.e Endurance + 1 primary, not Endurance + 2 primary stats) to make itemization easier, they also tied healing to the damage stat for your class and got rid of healing from Presence. They had no intention of Presence being a useless stat.

However, now that the stat consolidation has occurred, I've been saying Presence should be removed entirely and the bonuses from starting Presence, Presence growth/level, and Presence datacrons should be applied to all companions baseline. Like how Fallout has SPECIAL, SWTOR currently has SPACEW(E), so if the P (Presence) can be removed, maybe Willpower could be renamed Perception, maintaining SPACE(E), where the (E) is Expertise? :p