A Request to BioWare: Give Us These Things

ProfessorWalsh

I've been saying this for weeks and now others have, so here is my request... I'll quote someone else because his words make a better chant:

The problem with our class is lack of utility. If Bioware gives us what every other class has, then things will be better. Push/pull, and a real stun, not something thats channeled.

So please, BioWare, if you want Combat spec Sentinels to be viable in PVP we need:

Push or Pull

And a real (at least 4 second) Stun, not something that is channeled.

Give us these and you can probably call us good.

We need them.

the push pull thing is for pvp... and is not needed... i am like a ping ppong right now already imagin having another class with one and just betting bounced around again... and as for the stun all they need to do is remove the channel from choke and i think we would be fine,

but i honestly dont think these are needed... i honestly dont have a problem killing people in pvp... and pve is easy enogh i dont need an extra stun for ccing

Sentinels have plenty of utility -- Transcendence, Inspiration, Guarded by the Force, and Pacify just to name a few. So really your complaint is about a lack of CC.

While I would have tons of fun with Force Push/Force Pull, I don't think it is needed. I think a better idea would be to make Force Stasis non-channeled, though I would rather all stuns that don't break on damage be changed to be channeled so it promotes better coordination.

Edited by Kryptorchid

I just made this post in a new thread I started, but I will repeat THE DEFINITION of a Jedi Sentinel, per Lucas/Star Wars cannon and from Wookiepedia. This applies directly to your post of what sentinels need, especially defensive utility.

"Sentinels were so few in number, they had no superior title like the Sage and Warrior Masters of the other two branches; instead focusing on the variety of different techniques needed to be successful as a Sentinel. Known for practicing more specialized Force-techniques, a form of Force Immunity was favored amongst those in this class. Crossing Force-based training with increased mental conditioning, this ability allowed them to better withstand outside mental influences, including Force-based attacks."

I've been saying this for weeks and now others have, so here is my request... I'll quote someone else because his words make a better chant:

So please, BioWare, if you want Combat spec Sentinels to be viable in PVP we need:

Push or Pull

And a real (at least 4 second) Stun, not something that is channeled.

Give us these and you can probably call us good.

We need them.

We do have a stun, It's called Awe and it stuns everyone within a radius for 6 seconds...

My complaint is lack of CC-breakers, personally.

When my Sniper can destroy Sentinels in close-range duels without breaking a sweat, there's an issue. I don't have ANY problem doing it at all with my Sniper. So much CC to play with, and the Sent can do nothing about it.

It's good to see both sides of the problem, because I KNOW that Sentinel has some serious issues now.

I have never been 'destroyed' by a sniper, ecspecially close range. Sure if they sit there and hit me when I'm killing someone else they do a good deal. But when in a 1v1 with a sniper, or if I want them dead, I do not get destroyed. If we're combat we can spec into Force Camo and give us 2 stun/cc/root breaks, 4 within 2 mins if you want to be specific.

I have never been 'destroyed' by a sniper, ecspecially close range. Sure if they sit there and hit me when I'm killing someone else they do a good deal. But when in a 1v1 with a sniper, or if I want them dead, I do not get destroyed. If we're combat we can spec into Force Camo and give us 2 stun/cc/root breaks, 4 within 2 mins if you want to be specific.

Well good, you're not playing a well-played Sniper then. I guarantee that I utterly destroy Sents as one.

I'll take a push/pull - it would be great to play Huttball knowing that we're not the only advanced class in the game that cannot take advantage of the traps and acid pits by knocking someone into them against their will.

Each time I get knocked into one, despite how careful I am, I can't help but die a little inside and each time I fight someone within 10 meters of fire or acid, I can't help but wish I was ANY other class in the game.

Edited by McVade

A knockback and a stun are things we NEED.

It's BS how sents are practically worthless in utility in huttball because we have no real stuns or knockbacks

I wasn't going to go that far, because, well - we *are* really good ball carriers. I position myself on the ramp, get a pass... Valorous Call + Transcendence + Guarded by the Force to run through fire... and that's as good as a goal.

We are useful in Huttball, but I don't feel that usefulness translates well *at all* into the average Pug that doesn't even have pass bound on its keyboard. For those times, it would be nice to not be the only advanced class in the game that cannot take advantage of the map.

Edited by McVade