can we have an outfit system in SW:TOR ?

DoctorWhoTardis

Because decent looking orange gear is extremely laborous to find in order to make a matching set, my current armour colour scheme as a Smuggler is:

Vomit green

Pastel blue

Faded grey

Sand

Brown

So much of the Republic side gear is very unappealing in colour. I haven't even had the time to level to 50 yet, and I'd rather not sacrifice what little playtime I have to just search for a look that isn't awful, let alone something that can be coordinated with other pieces. The orange gear system is unsatisfactory. Pieces are hard to come across and laborous to keep up-to-date through leveling.

Having an appearance tab and more appealing armour colours would solve pretty much all of my issues AND make my character a lot more pleasant to play. Wanting to at least look decent shouldn't be penalized in playtime or sacrificed in exchange for gear stats lagging many levels behind.

If you can't find any orange gear you want then just buy some on the GTN. Also it's not hard at all to keep them up to date while leveling. I have a 36 assassin which has been using a majority of orange gear for the past 20 levels. Between commendation mod vendors and my crafting (artifice) I've kept my gear up to date the entire time without a problem.

They're also working to bring back the color match system in some form.

Because decent looking orange gear is extremely laborous to find in order to make a matching set, my current armour colour scheme as a Smuggler is:

Vomit green

Pastel blue

Faded grey

Sand

Brown

So much of the Republic side gear is very unappealing in colour. I haven't even had the time to level to 50 yet, and I'd rather not sacrifice what little playtime I have to just search for a look that isn't awful, let alone something that can be coordinated with other pieces. The orange gear system is unsatisfactory. Pieces are hard to come across and laborous to keep up-to-date through leveling.

Having an appearance tab and more appealing armour colours would solve pretty much all of my issues AND make my character a lot more pleasant to play. Wanting to at least look decent shouldn't be penalized in playtime or sacrificed in exchange for gear stats lagging many levels behind.

That is fixed by having them re-enable the color matching option they had in beta. It should take effort to get the exact look you want btw.

Why not create then a removable armoring for the end-game set ? Or better, why not an outfit system for this game ?

I think bioware can't ignore this, because customization is an important part of all mmorpg, and we need this features quickly as possible up to date with the competitors.

IMHO

Amen. Hallelujah!

GTN isn't nearly as much of a solution as you might think. The majority of the time I see 3-7 orange pieces (never more than a full page) as opposed to 30+ pages of greens. Orange item acquisition is tremendously hard right now if you're going for a specific kind of look. :/

They wouldn't even need to reintroduce colour matching if they just implemented an appearance tab. Restrict it to armour class, fine, I can live with that, but at least let me dictate how my character looks.

color matching would be much simpler to implement as they already had it in and it was not removed because of technical reason. (there reason was basically that they wanted us to look like clowns)

I do support this thread.

I do not pretend to suggest a clever system or a new script but -as a Rep player- being addressed by Imps with a "Ehi, nice outfit, are you colorblind or is just Carnival?" makes PvP quite embarassing.

Of course I could retort something like "GG mate, I love vampire-goth style -and you fit in very well", but that would be smacktalk to avoid an in-game issue and I'd feel bad about it. :p

Edited by Harkan_Ram

color matching would be much simpler to implement as they already had it in and it was not removed because of technical reason. (there reason was basically that they wanted us to look like clowns)

Except that they're re-implementing it in a different form, so not really. However they're changing it they didn't want to swap it out post-release, as to avoid confusion. So they removed it completely until they finish.

I was one of the people that said you don't need a cosmetic outfit system because we have moddable items.

But after playing for a month...we don't have moddable items. BIS gear can't be modded in any way and even though BW said every look in the game had a moddable equivalent, it's simply not true. You would think that after over a month, with millions of players and millions of hours played, that these elusive moddable items would turn up. Where are they? :confused::confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.