Found another reason I love my PT.

exphryl

Our tanking tree is fine IMO. It's about survivability and control, all of which fuels further offenses for threat. The only things I don't like about it are that Jet Charge is a tank talent instead of a baseline Powertech ability (the BH class has so few jetpack abilities as it is) and that Heat Blast is boring (it needs some utility, like an armor reduction debuff).

I'm glad that you can tank with a DPS spec in tank gear as that gives me hope for AP PvE tanking.

You can do FP HM with a companion, my guild usually clear the easier FP HM with 1-2 companions (tank and healer) when I'm not online. And companions are pretty bad for that, so of course a dps can do better with some tank gear.

Shall have to try that. Haven't done any FPs with Companions yet. Good to know.

Like I said in another thread, of course this is possible.

If you look at our tank tree, the only actual mitigation/defensive stuff we receive is 12% to shield, 6% absorbation, -4% dmg from debuff, -4% dmg from various 1% talents, -~4% dmg from rebraced armor

That's it. The rest are all dmg/threat or filler.

Basically, all of that can be compensated with gear.

Like I said in another thread, of course this is possible.

If you look at our tank tree, the only actual mitigation/defensive stuff we receive is 12% to shield, 6% absorbation, -4% dmg from debuff, -4% dmg from various 1% talents, -~4% dmg from rebraced armor

That's it. The rest are all dmg/threat or filler.

Basically, all of that can be compensated with gear.

I hope this doesn't change either. The last thing I want to play is a guy who just sits there taking punches to the face but retaliates with a swing of a wet pool noodle.

It's kind of genius how BioWare gave each spec a means to enable Rail Shot without needing the CGC DoT. I don't think they ever had the intention of this decision translating to tanking with full tank gear but with a DPS spec, but I hope they allow it regardless. Tanks and healers aren't that easy to come by even in this game that has so many of them, and finding good ones that know what the hell they are doing is even harder.