Sorcs and the like:[ REACTIONS]

sjwho

Good heals maybe no, but AFAIK they are enough for Sorcs to heal themselves. And indeed I vanish and that's all. But oh well maybe that's just my lack of skill, I won't pretend I am a pro player, because I am not.

non heal big heal crit that is a 3 second cast heals for roughly 2k. crits maybe 4k for a dps specced sorc.

If you cant interupt a 3 second heal you may need to reevaluate your play style.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again you're misinformed. Statements like 'He can do serious damage while healing himself', show a fundamental lack of understand of either class. How, in the 4 sec stun does he do this? He can either hit you for an average of 3-4k damage (in 4 secs) or heal himself for 4k (3s cast time), He can't do both. The class has neither burst healing nor burst damage. It's a class that wins through attrition.

Your very very vague statements show that you don't know anything about the match up, or even the capabilities of either classes. Also stop being vague and actually use ability names and rotations if you want to be taken seriously.

Oh ok... not that I ever tried to be Alpha and Omega in terms of MMO, I am not much experienced in that kind, and I mainly RP anyway. Since I can see my knowledge is lacking I will just step back, no sense in arguing about something, while I can't prove my opinion with constructive arguments.

Sorcs: We can heal, dps with channeling/insta cast, and have the same dps as melee.

If left alone, this is true. Shocking news at 12:00! DPS class is comparable with other DPS-classes!!1one.

Melee: How do we win vs knockbacks when they can out dps us point blank?

The knockback is on a cooldown. And most melee classes have gap closers (or they have stealth). If you try and out-dps a melee class in melee, you will be re-spawning really quick. Trust me on this one.

Range: How am i to tell the difference between his lightnings when they all LOOK THE SAME.

I.. don't understand the question? You're asking for different colors on the lightning, for different abilities?

Sorcs: We can run through fire, have a knockback that cost nothing, and have another one that roots you that also cost hardly anything.(considering regen goes on while casting it).

Rest of us: WHY IS THERE A ROOT WITH A KNOCKBACK?

Sorcerers can't run through fire without taking damage. It will do atleast 1-2 ticks on them. Also, all tanks can do the same thing - taking some 12-16 damage while doing it.

The only thing you're right about here is that, when spec:ed, the sorcerers knockback roots people for 5 seconds. Which I believe would be fine, if roots were affected by resolve. As it is now, I do think it's pretty much too good. Especially against melee.

Sorcs: Oh did i forget we are disc/holy combined? Yeah we can bubble with literally no extreme toll on our quickgen mana, we also can combine heals with run. Yeah, we can just run away/los and heal back up without being specced into heal.

Rest of us: *** how is that fair. You give the mage(dmg equivalent) class the ability to heal itself enough without need of speccing into it?

Unfortunately for your argument, a Sorcerer that is not spec:ed for healing will take 3-5 heals (depending on luck) to heal up. Each heal takes 3 seconds to cast, which adds up to 9-15 seconds of cast time. You consider that overpowered? It will also deplete the Sorcerers force pool. It will be quicker to just use Seethe, actually.

Sorc: So we make better ball carriers, healers, and have the best cc in the game. In most servers there are whole TEAMS of us playing at once. Yeah, good luck with vs'ing a whole team of people without the ability to differentiate even the most basic attacks until we hit you or heal an ally. Not only that we can heal ourselves without being specced into it.

Rest of us: Whats the point of our class again?

Sorcerers make very poor ball carriers. They are squishy and when focused on will die very quickly. They do make excellent ball carrier-pullers and receivers, because of high mobility.

Everything you're describing; healing, best crowd control etc, requires that you spec into it. The Sorcerer has a lot of options available to them. But tanking the ball to the finish line is not one of them.

Edited by jizerai

How is the squishiest class immortal? Proof please? Misinformed post yet again. Wow players are funny.

I think he's found himself against a healer-spec:ed sorcerer and believed everyone of them to be as "immortal". Because they can be a handful to take down on your own (unless you're geared.. when they melt like butter.. slowly, but steadily).

Sorceres/sage can be easy. and it can be hard. depending on what specc and class you are and ofc. what specc he is.

If you take in to account the surroundings. LOS issues.

Youre a sniper. hes a dotter.

Youre ****ed. seriously. hes gonna dot you up and LOS you.

i myself play a merc/ars (i like the insta damage whatcha gonna do)

if i meet a sorc i just start pounding tracers. ofc by the second the shield is off.

He stands there like a hopeless git trying to dps fight me. not realizing im just building upp debuffs on him to nuke him down in 2 seconds.

after the 3rd tracer nothing he does matters. i insta shoot 1 tracer. heatseek him unload and as a nice finisher i just pound his running scared arse with a rail shot.

that is 90% of my fights with them. the other 10% of the sages sorcs just LOS me at once or stun me. :p

• 2 months later...