What exactly is "out of combat"

sjwho

Can someone explain to me the time i have to wait to get out of combat?

Because unlike every other mmo it seems to not be set in stone. I can wonder around for 30secs to a 1min + and never get hit and still be in combat.

This is EXTREMELY annoying when playing sniper or the inferior to every class maurauder, as i walk around not being able to heal with horrible regen/energy issues already.

Dropping combat definitely needs to be shorter. Isn't it like 8 seconds or something in WoW? I believe it's 30 seconds here. If you don't attack anyone and don't get attacked for 8-10 seconds you should be out of combat. The amount of time for combat to drop in this game is insane. Also, your group shouldn't put you into combat. It is obnoxious. Only your actions should effect your combat status. Edited by Ashanor

Well i'm sure there could be adjustments to it, was just wondering if there was an actual

SET IN STONE

Rule or guideline for when i get out of combat. Because so far to me it seems random. I can get out of combat instantly sometimes, others it can take up to 2minutes.

I was just asking my self this today in ilum. I would fight my target they would run away and join their group, now i'm sitting there spamming stealth and all i see by my health bar is that ugly red in combat gun. I counted, i set timers it never seemed to be the same.

I can't for the life of me figure out the consistency(if there is one) in the out of combat.

I sometimes just hit a guy and if doesn't target me but still runs around, i get instant out of combat. Then i hit a guy and he does the same and i remain in combat for another 30 seconds.

Likewise when i kill people, get hit, or anything else. Sometimes I get in combat in WZ's without doing ANYTHING or getting hit.

-----------------------------------------------------

So was just wondering if anyone knew.

Its weird and does change constnatly. Hence why I am petiontioning for all non-healing classes to have a self heal OR for combat to be dropped after 6 seconds of inactivity.

Currently, leaving combat can be absurdly long and a change is needed.

Its weird and does change constnatly. Hence why I am petiontioning for all non-healing classes to have a self heal OR for combat to be dropped after 6 seconds of inactivity.

Currently, leaving combat can be absurdly long and a change is needed.

Out of combat being fixed would be a lot better than a self heal. Some classes rely on this pretty heavily and when it doesn't work, they usually die.

Edited by sjwho

If you were fighting on only one target (even if there are like 1 or more other ennemies around you) and it's dead, usually you can get in cover and/or wait 5 sec (or less) and get out of combat.

If someone is targetting you and/or has/is hitting you, you have to set more than 30 meters between you and them before being out of comnbat I guess.

If YOU put out an AOE on a bunch of ennemies, and fled, too bad, you're still considered in combat till they're either dead OR you have to wait 15-20 sec :(

I think that sums it up.

If you were fighting on only one target (even if there are like 1 or more other ennemies around you) and it's dead, usually you can get in cover and/or wait 5 sec (or less) and get out of combat.

If someone is targetting you and/or has/is hitting you, you have to set more than 30 meters between you and them before being out of comnbat I guess.

If YOU put out an AOE on a bunch of ennemies, and fled, too bad, you're still considered in combat till they're either dead OR you have to wait 15-20 sec :(

I think that sums it up.

:( so its pretty much situational? Oh the horror.

But I agree our poor pure dps classes with absolutely no healing abilities (biochem or stimpacks are not counted) are screwed on this issue.

Stealth classes that don't have a vanish ability (or on CD) are screwed with this too.

Yea, because good players save their medpacks, and use them once a fight finishes rather than while they are in a fight.

:rolleyes:

Lots of good players stating to use a medpack once a fight finishes. Kinda amuzing.

Edit: actually might have mis-red your post, not sure. Please clarify if sarcastic or not.

Edited by Humankeg

You will be in combat if you interact with people in your group and they are in combat.

Interaction means: you heal them, you guard them, you buff them (e.g. you cast any ability that affect someone else in your party).

For example you can stand afk in the middle of the Ilum zerg and make a macro that will peridically press your class buff (or cast AoE heal) - and viola you are always in combat and gain cheezy valor.

You will also be in combat if your harmful effects (like DoTs) present on enemy(ies) or affect them in some way (for example ground AoE like sniper plasma probe).

Edited by BambulaGTS

You will be in combat if you interact with people in your group and they are in combat.

Interaction means: you heal them, you guard them, you buff them (e.g. you cast any ability that affect someone else in your party).

For example you can stand afk in the middle of the Ilum zerg and make a macro that will peridically press your class buff (or cast AoE heal) - and viola you are always in combat and gain cheezy valor.

You will also be in combat if your harmful effects (like DoTs) present on enemy(ies) or affect them in some way (for example ground AoE like sniper plasma probe).

It's not quite that clear cut though, that's the OPs point.

You can be in combat if you don't interact with your group (who is in combat). I've been put in combat while solo at Ilum, during the spawn camping, and have been put into combat despite not doing anything (stood behind the zerg chatting in /g).

I've also finished a fight, and waited upwards of 1 minute for combat to drop.

The OPs point is that the combat timer isn't consistent, and appears almost random.

It's not quite that clear cut though, that's the OPs point.

You can be in combat if you don't interact with your group (who is in combat). I've been put in combat while solo at Ilum, during the spawn camping, and have been put into combat despite not doing anything (stood behind the zerg chatting in /g).

I've also finished a fight, and waited upwards of 1 minute for combat to drop.

The OPs point is that the combat timer isn't consistent, and appears almost random.

Someone in combat have healed/buffed you.