Graphic Card

oOMyXOo

Don't know where to post this. :o (For the moderator I'm sorry could not find the right category :) )

Just want to ask if Sapphire HD5570 would be good enough for this game?

Here is my pc specs.

Processor: AMD Athlon X4 640 3.0Ghz

MB: Asrock 880GM - LE

Current Video Card: HD4250 (Onboard)

Ram: 2GB (but ill be upgrading this to 4 or 6GB same with the VC)

HDD: 500GB

My current Video Card could not play this game properly even running on 800x600. :(

Just want to ask if Sapphire HD5570 would be good enough for this game?

Likely, yes. However, I suggest at least a Radeon HD 6xxx series if you can afford it.

When you upgrade your RAM to at least 4GB, you'll have to switch to Windows 7 64-bit.

Edited by BlackRifle

It'll be better than what you have, but it's still a low-end gaming card. If you want to stay with ATI/AMD cards then try to get a card that has a hundred's digit that's 6 or higher. That's where the gaming cards start. 5 and lower are primarilly desktop applications and media/DVD playback cards. So for the 5000 series cards, you'd want to look at something like a 5770 as a good graphics card, or a 5870. Those will give you pretty good performance.

Thank you for the replies :) I appreciate it.

Now I have 3 choices:

Sapphire HD5570,5770,5870.

Gonna check which among these video cards can run on a generic 600 watts PSU.

I've done a quick research about the 5570 and it could run on my psu that's why it's my first choice.

By the way yes I will also upgrade my ram and I am already running on Windows 7 64 bit.

:)

I will if we are in the same country :p

What is the max settings that you can play on HD5570?

on my 2.8ghz dual core pvp 15fps hutt ball aroun 28fps on high except bloom and shadows

off 60fps to 50 on openworld

except tattonie about 15 all on high

I would send over seas if u paid postage :p

im UK

Edited by JayMartin

I wouldn't get anything less than an X770 (X = 5, 6+)

A 6770 and a 5770 are pretty much, Equal. And, they also are about equal to a 4850 (but, a 4850 doesn't have DX11)

yes they are equal i jus found this out as i bought a 6770 and i get same fps :( what a buggar should of stayed with a 5570

aso the 5570 runs on 250 wat

Edited by JayMartin

yes they are equal i jus found this out as i bought a 6770 and i get same fps :( what a buggar should of stayed with a 5570

aso the 5570 runs on 250 wat

If your saying a 5570 is equal to a 6770 your very wrong.

The 6770 is more than 2x a 5570

As far as the watts needed TDP for a 5570 is 43 Watts TDP for a 6770 is 108 Watts

http://www.hwcompare.com/5693/radeon-hd-5570-vs-radeon-hd-6770-1gb/

BTW that web site is wrong for the 5570 as I also have a 5570 and my specs on the card are higher than that web site quote just for instance the card has 2gb of memory and the site suggests 512mb so it's not correct and that's not the only thing that is wrong.

If your saying a 5570 is equal to a 6770 your very wrong.

The 6770 is more than 2x a 5570

As far as the watts needed TDP for a 5570 is 43 Watts TDP for a 6770 is 108 Watts

http://www.hwcompare.com/5693/radeon-hd-5570-vs-radeon-hd-6770-1gb/

He said 5770 and 6770, which are IDENTICAL cards.

To the OP - any card mentioned will be a massive upgrade on the 4250 which isn't actually a graphics "card", it's just an integrated chip on the motherboard and not good for modern gaming.

Edited by LionRampant

Hi there!

There are existing discussion threads regarding computer hardware which you may find very helpful:

You can also check out our General FAQs for information about minimum system specifications.

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread. Please use one of the topics linked above for further questions and discussion of hardware specifications. Thank you!