Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

World PvP - Where is it?

Tgpo

The fact you can't go to the enemy fleet destroys world pvp in this game. I personally had some of the best world pvp in WoW getting a group of friends and going to a main city and causing trouble. Can't do that in SWTOR. No one is going to travel from the fleet to Tatooine to respond to a few 50's ganking... but they probably would if they were right outside the fleet.

We had around 25-30 people defending the Republic Spaceport on Alderaan against a similar-size Imperial force a few days ago...

(but that admittedly took some outside-the-game pre-arrangement between enemy guilds).

Bioware seems to think that Ilum is "open-world PvP", when it clearly is not. It's just a larger instanced area than a warzone. Where are the mercenary commendations for kills in open PvP? Where are the incentives to use all of those other planets you created? Why are the "open-world" PvP quests forcing us onto one planet? This is not "open" at all, it's just more of the same on-rails gameplay.

Biggest issue with the game so far for me at 50 is that the game is just so...dead, I mean I go to Ilum and various planets to do my dallies but there's absolutely NO reason to actually leave the fleet because everything I could possibly want is there. This doesn't provide a thriving enviroment for interaction in the world and this is what I miss about WoW, SWG hell, even LOTRO to an extent with it's zone entirely dedicated to PVP felt more alive than this game.

Which is sad, because you want a game you enjoy to succeed but this just feels like an issue that is built into the very concept of SWTOR, keeping players apart.

Edited by MalakDawnfire

Give Merc commendations for engaging in world PvP, valor for kills

there's no incentive to do it anymore except on ilum for the daily. other than griefing

If they do, it should be weighted for level. A level 20 killing a level 25 player should get more valour than a level 50 killing a level 10.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.