The lost bounty hunters...we hardly knew ye.

Wolfninjajedi

So im sitting here thinking, through some threads i've noticed Boba this and Jango that and yada yada yada. But what about those bounty hunters in ESB, who seemed to get overshadowed by Boba and then eventually all getting the shaft with hardly any material about them? Alas poor bounty hunters we hardly knew ye.

IG-88B- You could say that the IG-88 series had a good story, but IG-88B in particular did not. He was known as the second best bounty hunter in the galaxy right behind Boba, gets commissioned to find Han & co....he tracks Slave 1 to Bespin and what happens? He gets floored by Boba due to a trap. Now....this wouldn't bug me so much if there was other material for IG-88B before ESB, such as other bounties he had gotten and how he got a dismantel on sight order by the Empire or how he became the 2nd best bounty hunter in the galaxy.....no they decide to just leave him as is.

Bossk- This guy...THIS GUY! The awesome lizard with a dislike for wookiees, he had a pretty awesome showing in ESB. But his story seems rather lackluster to me, and it makes him look like a bit of a goof. As he tries finding Han & co he gets thrown into a locker, by a few associates so things start out rough for him and he misses his chance. He has some good story I suppose with TCW, after though not much but he does however 'beat' Boba and then getting into a scrap with Han later before never being heard from again.

Dengar- Now Dengar...not really much to say he has had a good interesting story, worked with Fett a few times but it seems to me that they kinda made him retire from hunting which is kinda a shame because he was a pretty cool guy.

Zuckuss & 4-LOM- Again not much to say, they had a really interesting story put together working with the Rebels for a little bit and then going off again. This is really a nice tag team BH duo....but they soon are drifted apart and never seen working together again after some time.

----------

All in all these Bounty Hunters could have had some great stories, and have been further expanded on in the EU. But they seemed to have been overshadowed by Boba/Jango, now its not really a bad thing I guess. Though these guys are different and really interesting, but the authors just seemed to have given up on them.

Zuckuss and Bossk were definately fairly awesome. I was going to say 'boss', but figured the term was too close to the aforementioned Trandoshan and otherwise a bit silly.

IG-88 was also fairly cool, though he had a good run against Han. I think they really over-did things a bit with him in the TCW animated series (even though afaik the IG-series was used heavily by the Black Sun anyway). I think his story was rather played out, or at least as much as it needed to be.

Zuckuss also had a pretty decent EU run, though I agree it could have been a bit better. Maybe some more exposition on their early work?

I'm really curious about bounty hunters that were also good.. but weren't in on the hunt for Han. There's a nice collection of them all over the place (Aurra Sing, Boushh, and Durge come to mind) that could use some more story time, too.

All of the Bounty Hunters are awesome, and no lie. It's worth noting though that the majority of Fett threads are started by people griping about other people liking him. It's not his fans ignoring the other bounty hunters, it's the detractors who won't stop talking about him. Edited by Jmannseelo

Zuckuss and Bossk were definately fairly awesome. I was going to say 'boss', but figured the term was too close to the aforementioned Trandoshan and otherwise a bit silly.

IG-88 was also fairly cool, though he had a good run against Han. I think they really over-did things a bit with him in the TCW animated series (even though afaik the IG-series was used heavily by the Black Sun anyway). I think his story was rather played out, or at least as much as it needed to be.

Zuckuss also had a pretty decent EU run, though I agree it could have been a bit better. Maybe some more exposition on their early work?

I'm really curious about bounty hunters that were also good.. but weren't in on the hunt for Han. There's a nice collection of them all over the place (Aurra Sing, Boushh, and Durge come to mind) that could use some more story time, too.

You mean Dash, but that was IG-88D im talking about the bounty hunter IG-88B not all the IG-88s in general just the bounty hunter one. The ones in TCW were IG-86's.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi