Best Stats for Carnage Marauder

Cellic

Crit/Surge until you're hitting DR too hard and then focus on Power. You should have enough accuracy even without going after accuracy gear/mods. Stats have too much DR and scale off each other too much for there to be definitive weights.

Forgive my asking, but why crit/surge? After every massacre you pump out you get a 100% chance for a force scream crit, which should be lined up with gore as often as possible, with this in mind why not then go for power/surge?

Is this because it doesn't exist on the epic gear? As artifice I can make enhancement mods with power/surge, these are what I have been stacking in my gear. Granted my gear is for the most part what i dinged with with the exception of champ relics x2 champ offhand and an earpiece and implant/bracers, so not much in the realm of moddable items from bags as of yet.

Haven't spent much time looking at the itemization of the pvp and raid gear yet though, this is possibly why the crit/surge part arises? Bad itemization on epic gear?

Any insight into my thinking is much appreciated.

Because Massacre and Ataru Procs get boosted crit damage as well and are a major part of your total damage.

I'm seconding the first poster - Crit rating to 400 and Surge to 250, which are about when DR kicks in hard, and then try to balance them while getting power.

Because Massacre and Ataru Procs get boosted crit damage as well and are a major part of your total damage.

I'm seconding the first poster - Crit rating to 400 and Surge to 250, which are about when DR kicks in hard, and then try to balance them while getting power.

I guess my flaw then is that I am thinking in terms of pvp, where you have limited time on a target, I don't find myself noticing massacre/ataru procs too much in that case, I just use the massacre for the free scream crit and then move on.

I never even realized that massacre/ataru got increased crit damage from talents, but with this in mind the crit stacking makes much more sense.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Accuracy>Strength>Power>Surge>Crit AFAIK

I'm with you OP, I think surge is actually better given the fact that Carnage gives us guaranteed constant scream crit spam

EDIT: oh, I was totally thinking in PvP. Changes a bit PvE.

Edited by miliways

Accuracy>Strength>Power>Surge>Crit AFAIK

I'm with you OP, I think surge is actually better given the fact that Carnage gives us guaranteed constant scream crit spam

EDIT: oh, I was totally thinking in PvP. Changes a bit PvE.

Accuracy is pointless as Carnage as we hit the cap VERY EARLY. Go for Crit until around 30% and then go for power. Surge will just come with gear, no need to go out of your way to get it.