Grav Round bug?

chaosvoid

Hey I just got Grav Round and its doing less damage in WZ's than Charged Bolts...

Grav Round tooltip says 1900-2000k damage and consistently hits for around 1.3k(2.2-2.4crits)...

Charged Bolts tooltip says 1300-1400k damage and consistently hits for 1.2-1.6k(2.5-2.8 crits regularly)

It seems weird that one ability is talented, has a higher damage tooltip, and does less damage then the other equivalent ability.

BTW in PvE Grav Round will do tons more damage than Charged Bolts...

Also assuming the tooltip is correct than with Armor penetration Grav Round should be doing on average 1500-1800 damage.

Unless you're shooting the same target in pvp with both grav and charged bolts, you cannot really tell that charged bolts does more. Armor and damage mitigation abilities change depending on what you shoot.

Thats how i tested it... Shoot grav round on same target then shoot Charged bolts -- i repeated this process for like 3 WZ's so thats quite alot of tests.

That said I would say Grav round has better overall damage(cant miss or be blocked or deflected + armor debuff).

It also seems as I am getting better gear and more levels that the diffrence in PvE and PvP might be averaging out slighty... For example when I upgraded my weapon to artifact quality Charged bolts started doing almost exactly the same damage as Grav Round In a PvE scenerio -- suggesting that it scales slightly better than grav round weapon wise. However as all my gear has improved it has seemed like Grav Round has been closer in damage to Charged Bolts in PvP suggesting that Grav Round scales better with all other gear besides the weapon(further testing would have to be done to confirm this).

Will Armor piercing cell add more damage to charged bolts and grav round or just grav?

Both -- any kenetic, weapon, or energy attacks are affected by armor.

Elemental and internal are not reduced by armor.

Both -- any kenetic, weapon, or energy attacks are affected by armor.

Elemental and internal are not reduced by armor.

So if I'm able to get like 2.4k dmg with the medic cell I'll easily get my 2.5k hit with armor piercing?

Thats how i tested it... Shoot grav round on same target then shoot Charged bolts -- i repeated this process for like 3 WZ's so thats quite alot of tests.

If you're going to do this, then do Charged Bolts and THEN Grav Round.

The debuff from Grav Round may falsely inflate y our Charged Bolts result.