The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Not ALL of our outfits suck. Proof!

RockysRevenge

As an additional, I would like an outfit like this in-game. That's one of the images of an older Satele Shan, in something other than her sleevless combat get up we saw during the CG trailers. If there's something pretty much identical (in all aspects, including boots and trousers) then someone let me know.

However, I have a suspicion that actually this armour 'look' is now a medium armour used by the Jedi Sentinel class. If that's also the case, does anyone know what parts it is, as I'd love to have my alt (a Sentinel) in a get up like that instead! :D

Tim

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think the strider is a mirror as in...imps get it? Possible...this is how these robes look imp side:

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7625.jpg

Could be that only imps get the strider robe now. Maybe from the Foundry.

No, I mean that Shadow Strider's Robe and Elder Exemplars robe are the same, or very similar looking. This is only an idea, I still haven't seen the Shadow Strider's robe, but the icons are the same, styles are the same, and the colorings are very similar to the bottoms.

Personally I think a lot of the "medium armor" looks extremely light, and I agree that we should have access to Satele's (or Bastila's) look being that they were the inspiration for our class. I mean really, how much more armor could the female Sentinels' skimpy little tank tops really offer them?

As far as the strider/elder exemplar's robes, I agree that we're probably not missing out on much if we can't find the strider robe. I find the hooded robes a lot cooler anyway, but I definitely want to pick up the exemplar chest so I can have a black set. I'll might stick them on Nadia when I finally get her, and steal them back when I feel like disguising myself as a sith.

But on that note, has anyone found any more mod pants? So far I've got the white and dark green pants from Alderaan, and I'm thinking about going back for the Ulgo Noble ones. I still can't find any plain black or brown pants, but I do like the light blue civilian pilot pants. The red republic pilot pants would be cool too if we had any matching robes.

I am personally a fan of the Jedi Initiate's Robe. It's a simple brown, hood down version of this picture.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17083674/Screenshot_2012-01-28_01_28_12_151558.jpg

The Jedi Initiate's robe looks really nice and its what my Shadow and Sage will be wearing until I find something I like better which may be quite a while. Here's a picture I found of it without having to log back in. It looks the same for both males and females.

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/10483.jpg

Note: Jedi Initiate's Vestments and Force Initiate's Robe are not the same.

I'm also wearing the Jedi Initiates Vestment, as I just reached level 40 and I've got a while before I can wear my ancient exemplar robe.. Good looking robe, goes well with our white Alderaan pants.

On the topic of pants, these seem to be our only gray ones:

http://www.torhead.com/item/6Piiqjj/agile-voss-pants

If anyone can find the hiking pants, the recluse pants, the enforcer pants, or the cloud pants (and chest)...

EDIT: After doing some sniffing around the Darth Hater database (better than torhead imo), I've discovered a slew of social sets in light, medium, and heavy armor varieties. The agile Voss set and all the above mentioned sets are social gear that has not been put in the game yet. They're all light armor, and very good looking light armor, I might add. The Recluse set has brown pants, and the hiking set has black ones. We must wait for them to put them in game!

But on a last note, there's a set of social 1 black pants on Dromun Kaas. Does anyone know if these bind on pickup, or do they bind on equip? Because if its the latter, you could sell them on the GTN.

Edited by RockysRevenge

I still aim something like this:

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss28/Meglivorn/SWTOR/wishedgear.jpg

Sadly it's medium armor chest and a heavy boots. :(

Appearantly all the light armors has to be heavy robes and capes.

And no, the pieces that looks like a uniform (and similar to the alderaan ulgo social set, only different colors) is nothing like this, or the dress Master Satele uses.

I'm looking the sith pieces now, but as I heard when they sent to the republic side, the models changes (true from rep to imp also)...

We'll see.

Well...tbh if you want the "huge heavy metal boots" look, you should roll a guardian, you"ll pick some up very early. But we do have one option like that...its either the boots from the Hutt Cartel or the Deaths Claw social set. They're big heavy metal boots, but they're also dark red. I like the look of them, but if you want to keep the Jedi look, you'll be hard pressed to find any of our robes with red on them. We have a version of the tunic-with-cape robe that you and I both hate...but it looks more pink than red to me.

I also wish we could have tops like that medium armor one though.

Well, I do not like most of the "heavy metal" boots. The whole point of this one is that it's not some heavy snow-worker stomper, almost as thin as a light boot. But has some armor plating.

I won't denie that it's inspired by the set Master Satele wears. I don't want that one, just I do think that as a shadow, a melee fighter class, we should have some sets that doesn't yell "caster".

Does anyone have any more information on the green Ancient Exemplar's Robe? I've seen a few on the GTN, but they aren't signed. I'm at synthweaving 400, but can't make it. Does the schematic drop somewhere known?

Any info would help! I'd really love to make these and crit for the extra augment slot and stylish look.

Interestingly enough, I actually got the Ancient Exemplar's Robe today as a random drop! I got it off a Crysfang Packrunner on Voss. Nicely slotted with mods, though I'd still like to get the schematic, if there is indeed one, to try for a crit. But this makes my day :D

Indeed! I got this yesterday, from a random drop on Hoth (the back view, and a close up taken on Belsavis)! It wasn't even an elite, just a standard White Maw soldier! :D

It is very nice (I've also got the green-highlighted version of this style), but now I've got to find darker stuff to go with it (bracers, boots, gloves, etc). So if anyone's got any ideas as to where to get orange versions of stuff that'll go with it, please let me know.

The only sticking point with it is that the hood looks like she's gone Beavis & Butthead and pulled her t-shirt up over her head. If the hood could be put down, or was more in keeping with the other hooded robes, I'd try to never change it. I know I can equip a helmet/hat to remove the hood, but I still want to see her face without ridiculous headgear getting in the way.

Tim

I've been doing my best to find all the headgear that doesn't look terrible, and I haven't been having an easy time of it. That robe does look great with the face mask, but I understand not wanting it, and its disappointing that the circlets don't make the hood go away either. So far other than face masks and circlets, I've found the "Geordi Laforge" visors on Hoth, and the Maelstrom Hood that looks like a Robin mask (only covers eyes). Then there's the hemlet that looks sort of like a Roman soldier helmet, and it doesn't look completely terrible but it only comes in brown.

Not many head pieces out there that Id actually show.

Does anyone know if the "Shadow Striker's Robe" is available in game? Most of the set drops from The Foundry, and I believe "the final boss" is wearing it. I've seen data on TORhead and other sites for it, and what it disassembles to and whatnot but can find no information on how to acquire it. I've done Foundry solo multiple times to no avail. Has anyone found it?

Note: Striker NOT Strider.

Does anyone know if the "Shadow Striker's Robe" is available in game? Most of the set drops from The Foundry, and I believe "the final boss" is wearing it. I've seen data on TORhead and other sites for it, and what it disassembles to and whatnot but can find no information on how to acquire it. I've done Foundry solo multiple times to no avail. Has anyone found it?

Note: Striker NOT Strider.

No, it's not the striker robes he's wearing and I haven't a clue as to how to get them. I do know that on us, the strider, striker, and elder series all look the same...square shoulder ornaments and a weird towel-over-head looking hood. This is what the Striker robes look like, with a probable color variation:

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7625.jpg

The big R is wearing a variation of these style robes:

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7553.jpg

The major difference being his are black, not white. Why the Empire gets the white version, I definitely don't know. But I complained enough about this in the OP...

Edited by RockysRevenge

Folks, consular gear (and for us Shadows specifically) is simply horrible and unimaginative. No effort was put into the "design" at all. Worse still, most of the people posting in this thread are trying to find something that doesn't look like garbadge blah blah blah...without apparently understanding that once you hit 50 and do FP's, OPs or whatever we do to kill the time the gear sets we have avaialable are even more horrific and gender confused. You have basially no options. As Shadows we can only get a tri-*****/banana like headpiece looking piece of crap and robes/shoulders/etc that are even more embarassing. It's insulting. The only thing slightly less awful is the very top pvp tier gear that has us looking like snow covered hobos (but at least the hood doesn't have peni mounted on your face). Unless you plan on spending all of your time in sub-par gear after 50, you have no options.

Note: I was compelled to roll an Imp Inquisitor alt just to see what a ****** looks like.

Folks, consular gear (and for us Shadows specifically) is simply horrible and unimaginative. No effort was put into the "design" at all. Worse still, most of the people posting in this thread are trying to find something that doesn't look like garbadge blah blah blah...without apparently understanding that once you hit 50 and do FP's, OPs or whatever we do to kill the time the gear sets we have avaialable are even more horrific and gender confused. You have basially no options. As Shadows we can only get a tri-*****/banana like headpiece looking piece of crap and robes/shoulders/etc that are even more embarassing. It's insulting. The only thing slightly less awful is the very top pvp tier gear that has us looking like snow covered hobos (but at least the hood doesn't have peni mounted on your face). Unless you plan on spending all of your time in sub-par gear after 50, you have no options.

Note: I was compelled to roll an Imp Inquisitor alt just to see what a ****** looks like.

...you fail to realize that the top tier inquisitor gear looks like a peacock. Just wait a while, they'll let us take out the mods from the top end gear and everything will be ok, I promise.

Just to revitalise this, I was wandering around Voss today and encountering the following:

Jedi Researcher 1

Jedi Researcher 2

Jedi Researcher 2 (Rear)

Now, they were touted as 'Sages' in the class distinction when I moused over them, with the official title mentioned above. So, if the NPCs can look like that, why can't we?

Tim

How strange. That's medium armor for sentinels, I don't know why they'd be called "sages" or why they'd have a double bladed saber, for that matter. But then again Kira Carsen is a knight/shadow hybrid, so I guess they don't really stick to classes for NPCs anyway.

The ironic thing is, on the JK board, everyone hates the fact that they can't find a single piece of armor with the hood down. That NPC has sentinel armor with the hood down, but it's not available to players. Ugh.

Having spent some time looking through the heavy armor sets, I must say we don't even have it that bad. The JK PvP gear is horrendous...arguably as bad as our Rakata gear. Consulars and Guardians have it much worse than our medium armor wearing friends, they have all the variety in the world.

The first good looking set I have for a really long time, this is how my Shadow looks like :)

http://oi43.tinypic.com/67i6o9.jpg

Nice! Is it just your color settings...or is that robe and your pants gray? Have we actually found another gray robe?

Which robe is that? I'll add it to the OP, and the pants too. Be especially grateful if you tell me how to get both too :).