Focus spec PvP burst. For those that want to know.

Oxegenn

Having tried all of the DPS trees I personally think Watchmen definitely does the most sustained damage and the best healer control.

Combat is a decent spec with burst but requires you to constantly melee a target and gain further ataru procs.

But Focus seems to win in terms of sheer burst potential. This is my current spec, May still tweak it a little bit.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bZdMbZG0RrdrRdGk.1

May tweak between the +3/6% dmg to slash/leap and get another point in Enduring.

Myrotation goes like this.

Force Leap (4) - Force Exhaustion (1) - Master Strike (1) - Force Sweep (0) - Zealous Strike (6) - Zealous Leap (3) - Bladestorm (0) - Stasis (3) - Force Sweep (2) Finish with a cauterize or auto attack for 4 focus to finish with a dispatch.

May finish with 30 centring hopefully for slash spam etc.

Can Master strike before or after the Exhaustion. I tend to do it after as the global cooldown takes 1.5seconds off the 2second root. If the targets running stop the channel and with the 1 focus you have, snare.

This burst doesn't have a snare after Exhaustion as it would destroy the damage per second.

This is what i use for burst rotation and i thought i'd share it with you.

If anyone else has any opinions please share.

<3

Oxegen.

Edited by Oxegenn

I think watchman has more burst as well honestly. Focus is too risky, because you need the whole team to stand on you

the whole team to stand on you? Thats if you want to max damage charts...hitting 1 target with a 4-5k sweep is still burst.

As to OP, where is bladestorm in your rotation? The build makes force sweep and bladestorm you two highest damage skills pretty much. I usually like to hit them with sweep followed by blade storm since combined its 6-7.5k dmg in 2 seconds. and you can do another huge burst after another 5-7 seconds of building singularity/focus

Edited by KilllerRock

the whole team to stand on you? Thats if you want to max damage charts...hitting 1 target with a 4-5k sweep is still burst.

How do you get a 4-5k sweep? I think the most I have seen on a single target after a stasis and zl is around 2.6k.

full champion pvp gear, biochem might stim. Then you know when your going to sweep, pop relic/adrenal for 1, then pop your 15% dmg buff (inspiration its called right?) for your 2nd sweep

That's a lot of things that need to be off CD. Especially the 15% damage buff.

It's possible, but not feasible (atleast not most of the time).

imo if a spec requires stims/buffs/relics/gear to be bursty, the spec itself is not really bursty.

Edited by Siokai

As to OP, where is bladestorm in your rotation? The build makes force sweep and bladestorm you two highest damage skills pretty much. I usually like to hit them with sweep followed by blade storm since combined its 6-7.5k dmg in 2 seconds. and you can do another huge burst after another 5-7 seconds of building singularity/focus

I agree with your comment about blade storm. I make sure I follow every sweep with Bladestorm. Good damage and range if the target starts to run.

I don't hit for 5k with sweep tho. I rarely hit for even hit for 3k. (My gear is not very good tho)

I need to work on my gear but I think I am going to give Watchman and even Combat spec another go.

Sorry i was recent combat and called bladestorm blade rush. Its used after zealous strike and i may swap to using it before zleap depending on how mobile the target is.

Cant use it after sweep immediately because you need focus. Counting globals on a non-moving target, it takes 15-20 seconds. Enough for another charge and repeat or 2auto attacks and repeat.

I was going to add 1 second root to leap but its global cooldown restricts you from capitalizing on a rooted masterstrike first.

Edited by Oxegenn

That's a lot of things that need to be off CD. Especially the 15% damage buff.

It's possible, but not feasible (atleast not most of the time).

imo if a spec requires stims/buffs/relics/gear to be bursty, the spec itself is not really bursty.

Well regardless my spec, im going to use buffs/stims/relics/gear and using these, im going to try to make any spec burst dmg when i need it to be. But playing all specs, the sweep/bladestorm combo in focus tree is probably the most burst you can get out of this class.