Setting resolution via a batch file or command line option

Cyathus

Hi folks,

Is there anyway to have one icon launch the game at one resolution (say 800x600 windowed) and another launch the game at a more playable resolution (say 1920x1200). I'm trying to play the game on my iphone via rdp and it's working, but only at low resolutions... :)

Cheers!

I put those in as arguments on the target line (after right clicking the icon and selecting properties), but they didn't seem to do anything. Is that where they should go?

I don't know if SWTOR support command line arguments (that's what your talking about is called). If someone knows if it's supported and what the valid arguments are... then they can give you info.

What I'd do in your case, is run a batch file that swaps INI files. Set up the game one way, copy the ini file from the appdata swtor folder, set it the other way and copy the ini again, and create a batch file to replace them. So you wanna run low res, run the batch that puts that INI in place, run the game. Wanna run high res? run that batch, then run the game.

I was contemplating writing a batch file, but for the life of me I can't find the appropriate ini file. The only one I've found so far is in /swtor/retailclient/client_defaults.ini, but that one a) has a huge *DO NOT EDIT* note in it and also doesn't seem to have anywhere to specify height/width/windowed mode.

I was contemplating writing a batch file, but for the life of me I can't find the appropriate ini file. The only one I've found so far is in /swtor/retailclient/client_defaults.ini, but that one a) has a huge *DO NOT EDIT* note in it and also doesn't seem to have anywhere to specify height/width/windowed mode.

It's in your user profile, under AppData (AppData is a hidden folder, so you have to show hidden folders to see it).

I put those in as arguments on the target line (after right clicking the icon and selecting properties), but they didn't seem to do anything. Is that where they should go?

yea i wasn't thinking.. you'd have to launch the game directly and since you enter your password and such in the launcher... well.. my knowledge ends there, lol... gl