companions wanting to talk-but not really

Moroder

Grrr its getting annoying now. Every time Kaliyo says she wants to chat, i go out of my way to get to a cantina or ship. Then for some reason she decides not to. This has been an ongoing issue since I left dromund kaas. I have only talked to her once. Its annoying as this is part of the game I was looking forward to the most. Is this happening anyone else?

Grrr its getting annoying now. Every time Kaliyo says she wants to chat, i go out of my way to get to a cantina or ship. Then for some reason she decides not to. This has been an ongoing issue since I left dromund kaas. I have only talked to her once. Its annoying as this is part of the game I was looking forward to the most. Is this happening anyone else?

Yes it very annoying and still not working properly at all (nor are companion quests still).

Yep this happens to me all the time with my companions. What I've found works to test if they really want to talk or if the ui is just bugging is just right click them. If they actually want to talk, they will say something like, "Next time we are on the ship, let's talk". If it's just a bug and they don't actually want to talk, their dialog will be their normal dialog.

Perhaps whatever the companion wants to talk about requires a certain level of affection and for you to be a certain level and/or part of your class quest. You may have reached the required affection level, but need to complete something in your class quest before continuing that part of the companion story.

Perhaps whatever the companion wants to talk about requires a certain level of affection and for you to be a certain level and/or part of your class quest. You may have reached the required affection level, but need to complete something in your class quest before continuing that part of the companion story.

It continues to happen at level 50 after you have completed your class quest and when you have max affection. I have max affection with all my companions and they still constantly signal to talk when they don't actually want to.