Server Population [Who's Top?]

Loktec

I know there is a lot of threads on server population. Not trying to be repetitive, i think we all want server mergers and a server with more people. I know this won't happen, not trying to discuss that here.

What i'm looking for is the community to sound off and let people know where to make a character or re-roll to, to have an enjoyable experience.

If your on a server that seems to have a high population let us know. Because a lot of us are stuck on servers that are dieing or dead.

Currently i'm on the server "The Maw" and me and my 5 friends all have yet to see more then 50 people on planets after drummond kass. This is not including the imperial fleet so please don't be smart mouths.

Please make this a thread for the community and help everyone out.

NOTE: I am not aware if the Republics or Imperials have a heavy population displacement alone. So if you guys know this is a factor please speak up as well.

The harbinger and swiftsure. You might suffer from queue's from time to time but it's worth it. I personally say flood the servers so Bioware has to deal with it. I know those are the only two servers I'm willing to even play on.

*WARNING* Wall of text inc

Being one of his 5 friends and the one that chose this server (The Maw) to begin with. When i picked this server it was a heavy population server. i did not want a full one or a low one. Now we are lucky to be able to get a group for anything within an hour or two wait.

I do understand that a lot of servers are hurting currently. Most games that first release have a huge problem with queues, so the games company in this case Bio Ware create more servers to help everyone have an enjoyable playing experience. Once the servers start to die down people then complain about low population servers. I believe that every games release population is way higher than it will be 3-4 weeks later. So the company needs to open more servers to begin with, make an even amount of each genre of server (PvP, PvE, RP, Ect) and then at a later date look at the server populations and ratios of good vs bad. merge servers 2:1, 2 pvp servers into 1 starting with the highest populated server and the lowest. that's one server now. moving down the list and so on, so all server populations are good so everyone has an enjoyable playing experience. At the beginning of the server merge they should take the populations and ratios of each side good vs bad and merge them accordingly so that not only are the populations good once again. but they are as close to a 1:1 ratio as they can get.

To me this would not make the company look bad.. this would make the company look PREPARED for what they know for a fact is going to happen and that they are ready and waiting for it.

Its not that the game is dying because it is in no means even close to it. millions of people bought the game and it may not have been the game for some people so we lost population based on the free month so they did not resubscribe. not a big deal it is not that big of a loss to population. the first month of the game people are ONLY playing as much as they can so server populations seem very high. not to mention it was over Christmas break as well. The servers are still very populated. its just spread over the day instead of at any one certain time.

I do not really have a problem with the server that i am on (it may be the amount of time that i have put into my character already) but if my friends decide to leave the server I will most likely follow as they are all real life friends.

Edited by AstrexOiad

The harbinger and swiftsure. You might suffer from queue's from time to time but it's worth it. I personally say flood the servers so Bioware has to deal with it. I know those are the only two servers I'm willing to even play on.

They are packed. There are some others that hit good populations at peak times too. I'd recommend checking the server list during your peak play hours. Note the one's that are heavy/full consistently and roll there. Otherwise, you might have to wait a while before they start consolidating the lower populations. At least if you rolled on a new server, you could move your old characters there if/when they open server transfers. Though I have no idea when that is coming either.

EDIT: I'm on the Shadowlands (Empire) and Space Slug (Republic). They launched the first day of EGA and filled up fast. Peak hours hit heavy population for hours. I picked Shadowlands because it's a CST server, while Space Slug is PST. When the population on Shadowlands dies down, Space Slug is still rockin' for a couple more hours.

Edited by lucasomega

Thank you for the recommendations Skaara. How is the balance on those servers as well? More imperial or Republic or is it pretty even?

Thank you for the recommendations Skaara. How is the balance on those servers as well? More imperial or Republic or is it pretty even?

I'm not even really sure on balance since I was only really interested in playing a sith assassin myself however I have heard from people on the harbinger that the balance is decent. Not sure on swiftsure though.

They are packed. There are some others that hit good populations at peak times too. I'd recommend checking the server list during your peak play hours. Note the one's that are heavy/full consistently and roll there. Otherwise, you might have to wait a while before they start consolidating the lower populations. At least if you rolled on a new server, you could move your old characters there if/when they open server transfers. Though I have no idea when that is coming either.

EDIT: I'm on the Shadowlands (Empire) and Space Slug (Republic). They launched the first day of EGA and filled up fast. Peak hours hit heavy population for hours. I picked Shadowlands because it's a CST server, while Space Slug is PST. When the population on Shadowlands dies down, Space Slug is still rockin' for a couple more hours.

Quit lying to people. My original server was space slug and it is anything but rockin' :rolleyes:

Quit lying to people. My original server was space slug and it is anything but rockin' :rolleyes:

I'm playing on it currently, as in this very moment. Plenty of people around. /shrug

I was just posting from my experience. I have no need to lie about it, nor could I really. It's my perspective.

I'm playing on it currently, as in this very moment. Plenty of people around. /shrug

I was just posting from my experience. I have no need to lie about it, nor could I really. It's my perspective.

It stays on standard ... your perspective is wrong.

I think your perspective is wrong.

Heavy during peak hours. I'm fine with that. It's an opinion. I never said it was a fact. I even stated it's population trend during peak hours in my OP.

Fixed that post for you. I don't mind if you disagree, but don't act like you are the only one with a valid opinion.

On torstatus.net, sort by US servers - total population. Space Slug is 15th. The Shadowlands is 17th. Not the best but they are up there, above more than one hundred other servers... and their trends are not that different than the other top 20 servers (excluding the top two of course).

The Harbinger and The Swiftsure are the only two servers to hit very heavy or full, period. Even the #3 server, Ajunta Pall doesn't hit above heavy population.

I was just saying I'm enjoying the servers I'm on. Never had any issues due to a lack of other players.

Edited by lucasomega

Heavy during peak hours. I'm fine with that. It's an opinion. I never said it was a fact. I even stated it's population trend during peak hours in my OP.

Fixed that post for you. I don't mind if you disagree, but at least try not to act like you are the only one with a valid opinion.

On torstatus.net, sort by US servers - total population. Space Slug is 15th. The Shadowlands is 17th. Not the best but they are up there, above more than one hundred other servers... and their trends are not that different than the other top 20 servers (excluding the top two of course).

The Harbinger and The Swiftsure are the only two servers to hit very heavy or full, period. Even the #3 server, Ajunta Pall doesn't hit above heavy population.

I was just saying I'm enjoying the servers I'm on. Never had any issues due to a lack of other players.

You're still lying, standard during prime time as well. I have been watching for days just to monitor the situation. I have even been using the official server status page instead of a third party tool. Don't be mad just because you're wrong. It happens to the best of us.

edit*-just for curiosity I pulled space slug population trends on tor status. Light trend is way up and heavy trend is way down. That is proof enough for me.

Edited by Skaara

You're still lying, standard during prime time as well. I have been watching for days just to monitor the situation. I have even been using the official server status page instead of a third party tool. Don't be mad just because you're wrong. It happens to the best of us.

edit*-just for curiosity I pulled space slug population trends on tor status. Light trend is way up and heavy trend is way down. That is proof enough for me.

Not mad. Just annoyed that you keep claiming I'm lying. Compare that trend to the other servers, even The Harbinger.

When I logged in last night at prime time... oh... about 8pm when my buddy got off work, it was heavy. I can't speak for today since I logged in before prime time hours, and have remained online the whole time.

Torstatus and all the other 3rd party sites get their data from the official server status page.

Unless you sat on the swtor server status page and refreshed it every 5 minutes for the last three days, it sounds like you're lying.

Join a big guild then theres always plenty of people to do stuff with. Theres too many guilds running around with 5 people in it complaining that they cant find groups. I went from a guild with 4-5 on to a guild with over 30 on all the time and life is good.

Not sure what their peak numbers are, but I know from watching the servers the last couple weeks that Swiftsure and Harbinger are definitely Full and Very Heavy far longer than any other servers on either NA or European sides.

Not mad. Just annoyed that you keep claiming I'm lying. Compare that trend to the other servers, even The Harbinger.

When I logged in last night at prime time... oh... about 8pm when my buddy got off work, it was heavy. I can't speak for today since I logged in before prime time hours, and have remained online the whole time.

Torstatus and all the other 3rd party sites get their data from the official server status page.

Unless you sat on the swtor server status page and refreshed it every 5 minutes for the last three days, it sounds like you're lying.

I'll tell you what, I'll agree to disagree. The thread title is who's top .... not who's good enough. So therefore I'm right. :D

ps...quit lying :p

Edited by Skaara