Missions for rare mats = UnFun™

Spectus

For level 49 missions (grade 6 was it?)

You only get purple metals from abundant missions or the purple missions from slicing.

You can only have 1 person doing this abundant mission at a time.

You only use purple mats for crafting purple items.

If you want to get more people just gathering blue materials, just enter your ship and exit/enter till you have 5 people gathering underworld missions. I ve never been able to send 6 people for underworld metals (1 abundant, and a mix of rich and moderate)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crafting in SWG has grow to like mythic proportions somehow. I mean I know eventually it was all it was cracked up to be but for a solid three months after release there was a bug that prevented any of the high quality materials from being available. I used the starter gun for nearly a year before any crafters had managed to regularly produce anything that was actually better. there were a few out there earlier but those were so inflated by the huge numbers of credits available to due to early bugs that they were impossible to buy unless you had religiously exploited those bugs.

I mean I'm all for a more robust and competitive crafting system but acting like SWG was anything to write home about is really just deluded. Take off the rose colored glasses and ask for specific fixes for crafting here not for the buggy mess of SWG.

Having been a heavy crafter and pistoleer in SWG since launch, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. We had some great weaponsmiths just a few months in making great weapons. We had plenty of resources, some good most bad, exactly as designed.

There was no bug preventing decent materials from spawning on my server, that's for sure. If you used a starter pistol a year after launch that's your fault and no one else's. There was a lot better stuff out there.

I'm sorry to be so rude if you actually experienced such a bug, but I frankly don't believe you, or don't believe you have any clue of what you're talking about. When you say SWG crafting was nothing to write home about, I question whether you were even a crafter.

I do agree that people tend to look at SWG through rose colored glasses, however that has nothing to do with crafting. The crafting was beyond solid. End-game content was SWG's biggest failure.

Edited by Marlaine

Having been a heavy crafter and pistoleer in SWG since launch, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. We had some great weaponsmiths just a few months in making great weapons. We had plenty of resources, some good most bad, exactly as designed.

There was no bug preventing decent materials from spawning on my server, that's for sure. If you used a starter pistol a year after launch that's your fault and no one else's. There was a lot better stuff out there.

I'm sorry to be so rude if you actually experienced such a bug, but I frankly don't believe you, or don't believe you have any clue of what you're talking about. When you say SWG crafting was nothing to write home about, I question whether you were even a crafter.

I do agree that people tend to look at SWG through rose colored glasses, however that has nothing to do with crafting. The crafting was beyond solid. End-game content was SWG's biggest failure.

I loved SWG crafting. It wasn't perfect but it was much more epic than this game. Crafting actually took time and effort. I remember how long it took me to RE to get my top level mods for my gear. In the end, it felt like I really accomplished something. I have heard some people describe SWTOR crafting as a mini-game which is essentially true while SWG was a profession itself. Ultimately, SWTOR needs to do the following:

1. Make crafting more involved

2. Create dependencies between classes (e.g. Biochem needs to buy an injector from Cybertech to make an adrenal)

3. Make high end crafted gear better than looted or store bought gear.

4. Instead of high end ops dropping gear, have them drop limited use schematics. This ensures crafters of all types will have a use

I have no problem with the crit rate of max level "Rich" missions. I would say maybe 1/5 crits and gives me 2 purple mats.

If you need regular access to purple mats, go farm creds and buy purple quests at the AH. BW did indeed put in a way for you to "play for mats" so to speak. Purple quests are an excellent source of purple mats.

Just don't get cheated at the AH and pay 50k+ for each. Find some people selling them in general chat and make a deal with them to buy every mission they get at a price that is fair to you both.

I've done the above and it's kept me flowing in purple mats. I don't craft more than 4-5 purples a day but I've been crafting that much for weeks and I've yet to run out.

I do feel like every craft besides Biochem is comparatively useless in actual play. Nothing comes close to the stats/heals/trinkets Biochem users get at 50. BW needs to work on their craft system and make it worth it.

I have no idea what some schematics are bind on pickup. Oh thanks, my BH can craft a willpower earpiece that no one can use. Huzzah.

Edited by FuzzNasty