How many planetary 4-mans do you wind up abandoning?

TheSwamper

On my Sorcerer I did all of them up until mid-Hoth. I skipped one or two on Hoth, then all of them on Voss, Belsavis, and Corellia - most of the population hadn't levelled up that far yet so it was hard to find or form groups, and it was becoming very clear I wasn't going to need the extra xp anyway. I admit I spent a bit too long trying to find groups for some of them, even broadcasting and keeping an eye out for LFM when doing regular quests.

Plus it had long since become apparent that all the Heroics were daily repeatables and weren't especially interesting either from a mechanics or story perspective, so it's not like you miss much by skipping them.

On my 2nd char, a Powertech, who was perma-duoed with a friend's Marauder, we've duoed nearly all of them. The only exception was Breakthrough on Belsavis, as it has a champion that appears to do about 5 times the damage of any other champion we've fought so far (pbaoe too, so fun for the marauder) and we couldn't be bothered faffing around with kiting etc, trying to get past that for some mediocre rewards and the storyline of pressing a button behind him.

Agro that champion with something from ranged, and run to the exit, while your partner clicks the button behind him > credit for completion while you avoid having to kill that OP boss. The reward are orange companion weapons with lvl 50 mods. - One for each companion.

I did it that way 5 times so I could get my dudes some weapons.

The boss is only OP if you are duoing the quest though. Otherwise you have the interupts you need, and people who are mobile, unlike the companions and wont stand in fire LOL.

I play a medic op, and my husband a tech tank. We duo'd every single heroic otw to lvl 50, including firestar and other "harder" heroic 4's. We also duo'd all flashpoints untill we hit the guns in collicoid, but we find we could duo FPs after collicoid too.

If we hadnt been duoing as we levelled I doubt I would have done any heroics, except those heroic 2+ I could have solo'd with a companion.

Edited by Nilenya

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've skipped/abandoned them all and only did the flashpoint black talon while lvling. I did this because I found the cost of repairs often out weighs the mission reward. Even now though at lvl 50, i'm in two minds or not if I should do the flashpoints or any PVP on Illum because of repair costs. It seems like as soon as i get 20k i have to spend it on repairs.

I did half of a flashpoint last night, died twice and the repair cost was nearly 20k so thought forget it as this left me with close to 0 credits.

With my current toon and future ones it looks like i'll be just doing the basic and class missions because Flashpoints and +4s cost me to much in repairs.

I've skipped/abandoned them all and only did the flashpoint black talon while lvling. I did this because I found the cost of repairs often out weighs the mission reward. Even now though at lvl 50, i'm in two minds or not if I should do the flashpoints or any PVP on Illum because of repair costs. It seems like as soon as i get 20k i have to spend it on repairs.

I did half of a flashpoint last night, died twice and the repair cost was nearly 20k so thought forget it as this left me with close to 0 credits.

With my current toon and future ones it looks like i'll be just doing the basic and class missions because Flashpoints and +4s cost me to much in repairs.

You get 7-10k pr daily quest. You have 15 or so of those pr day. If you stick with that a few days you shouldnt have to worry about your repair costs anymore.

I've done most of them, we've got enough players in our guild that getting together 4 people isn't a problem (I've never had to LFG), and we've had enough to take down world bosses on our own on occasion. I can't stress enough how important finding a good guild is - you won't get the most out of SWTOR without one.

It's also perfectly possible to solo them once you're a couple of levels higher, and getting some credits and orange loot makes them worthwile.

If there's enough people to try getting a group, I do them. But most of the time it's not worth the time I waste sitting there LFG.

Same with the flashpoints, I've not done one past BP, because waiting for 20-30minutes with no luck is boring. My server was queing on release to..

To many servers. Over compensated for release.

Haven't done any after the 2nd or 3rd planet. It's just too time consuming, even if you find 3 other people then you have to wait for them to finish whatever the **** they're doing and make there way to the quest, which drives me crazy, once the group is full, stop what your doing and move to the objective!!!

What I think could fix this without having to nerf all the quests to being soloable would be to add these quests to the inevitable looking for dungeon tool, so you can queue up for heroic quests in your level range then it'll put a group together and port you all to the area.

Another cool addon to this would be allowing level 50's to queue for the lower level ones as well but then reducing their stats down to the quests level, would be like a kind've mentoring system.

Edited by keano
suggestion