The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HM/NM Main Tank?

Moonlightthorn

I know we ripp through pvp like other ppl were made out of paper and we have lots of cool lighters ;) But with full tank gear and with tank spec are we viable as Main tanks in Hard modes and Nightmare modes? seem to hear ppl Calling for Juggernaughts as soon as someone needs a tank and when there is the odd Assassin tank looking for a party the general chat fills up with the sound of crickets... but since my server is EXTREMELY low on Powerteches (ive seen 2 other PTs during this month) I dont really know how we are as end game main tanks compared to the other 2.

Just tonight, tanked HM EV up to Soa and HM KP up to Karagga (leaving the last bosses for next run). I had no problems whatsoever in Columi set 4/5, columi off hand, pvp champ weap and pvp implants (you can get all of it before even going into any Operation).

HM EV is piss easy (dunno about Soa though), you dont even need to be geared for that, HM KP is significantly tougher challange, but by then you should have your columi stuff. All this is their 8 man versions.

I would say PTs do just fine. Im yet to see how we perform on NM though.

Have yet to see nightmare mode, but I'll tank any hardmode without issue provided the other players are competent. Even though powertechs are godly, they still die when a group has an ineffective healer, bad crowd control, poor DPS.