The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tank and leveling

Amustrami

I had absolutely no problems with leveling and tanking. Used Mako for the most part, until I got tired of mobs taking awhile to die, so I switched to Torian. As far as builds, I went full tank spec, with a couple points in the other tech trees and never seemed to die. Went very smoothly, and of course you are usually needed for flashpoints as well, so that is a bonus.

I would go DPS up to around lvl 30ish and then respec tank.. Mako will keep you alive anyways and the tank tree does not come to its right untill later levels.. you can still tank most Flashpoints and Heroics before 30 by just putting on Ion Gas and actually have an easier time keeping aggro due to your much higher dps then tank spec.. right now im fullspec pyro lvl 40 and me and 2 friends have no problem doing flashpoints with me as main tank one sorc healer and one mercenar dps.. and one companion that depends on whats needed.. the Tank spec and tank gear will be much more needed late game.. espessially with HMs and such ;) so for now my advice is to do whatever you think is the most fun ;)