Why are people being so horrendously smacktarded?

Vakarius

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty certain that the pre-order and early access details have been known for a long time. I mean I only checked up on SWTOR every few months and had a completely clear idea of how early access was going to work months ago.

It was clear that it was "up to five days" and that people who pre-ordered earlier got more of that than people who pre-ordered later. That was all there. It was obvious that this was to stagger release and give an easier launch.

So where the hell has all the bile and hate come from? I can't believe that people are so genuinely illiterate that they failed to understand the information explaining how it was going to work. I can't believe that people are genuinely raged over a day or two of playtime. I can't believe that people are confusing "early access" with "im not let into launch yet and have to queue".

Seriously community, you're wanting to play a bioware game and you can't manage to read successfully? The hell is wrong with you?

Also it's worked perfectly so far with no lag or crashes. We'll have to see how it holds up for the real launch but it's been one of the smoothest rides of a MMO release ever.

It ALL comes down to this:

"I WANT TO PLAY NOW".

All of the nice posts, and all of the negative ones -- all come down to people who aren't playing, wanting in.

When that happens a great deal of this will go away and there will ALWAYS be some complaining on MMO forums. It is the nature of the beast. Go look at , say, WoW forums -- You are going to see complaining in every single class section.. and likely every other section.

The human race is like this.

Not everyone has this personality, but a certain percentage of the more vocal people MUST complain -- like they go mad if they don't. I've never understood it,.. but I just know it to be true just as the Earth orbits the Sun. ;)

Of course it's the launch, but it's not the true launch, which is 20th December. Confusing the initial launch for early access with the general public launch is pretty ******** man.

You ARE the general public.

The game is out. The game is launched. The game has begun. The game is available.

Everything you do in game is permanent, from now until forever.

Stop arguing semantics.

Of course it's the launch, but it's not the true launch, which is 20th December. Confusing the initial launch for early access with the general public launch is pretty ******** man.

Do you read what you type? "Of course it's the launch, but it's not the true launch" ... lol

You ARE the general public.

The game is out. The game is launched. The game has begun. The game is available.

Everything you do in game is permanent, from now until forever.

Stop arguing semantics.

Except the game isn't out and the game isn't available. If you go into a store, or onto a web store, you can't buy the game, install the game, and play it. Because it hasn't been launched. It's not arguing semantics to know that a specific, well-advertised bonus pre-order access period comes BEFORE the game is launched to the public.

Do you read what you type? "Of course it's the launch, but it's not the true launch" ... lol

Well I'm having to write to the level of a moron who thinks that early access is public release, so you've got to give me some leeway.

Edit: Also, go onto http://www.swtor.com, look on the front page which states "early access has started, pre-order now and play before the 12.20.2011 launch". Reading 102, read more than just one line of text and learn how context works.

That's Reading 044, honestly.

Except the game isn't out and the game isn't available. If you go into a store, or onto a web store, you can't buy the game, install the game, and play it. Because it hasn't been launched. It's not arguing semantics to know that a specific, well-advertised bonus pre-order access period comes BEFORE the game is launched to the public.

Well I'm having to write to the level of a moron who thinks that early access is public release, so you've got to give me some leeway.

You can actually... Devs have stated that if you buy the game before the 19th you will still get to play before the 20th... not sure how you can still think the 20th is the launch.

Thank you for admitting that you write at a morons level. I had the same opinion myself.

edit: lol you even made my argument with your edit... The game is available and anyone can buy and play it before the 20th.

Edited by Xassifax

Hey OP, you should complain about the complaining. It's usually really productive.

Hey replier, you should complain about me complaining about complaining. It's usually really productive.

Welcome to public forums, people post stuff.

I don't think you wanted to make yet another thread with this topic. After all, there are dozens already.

I think you just wanted to use the word "Smacktarded" in the title.

:cool:

That is a pretty good word. I'm going to have to use it sometime.

I agree with this 103%

I realize both sides of the argument. But seriously on the front page of their main site right now, the article heading for latest news says...

"Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game!"

Yet there is still a large portion not able to. So there is some misinformation and advertising. And before I am flamed, when I get in, I get in. I really don't care myself when it is. But to say that wording is important and claim people can not read, the above heading shows a different story than "May get 5 days" or whatever. The simple point is this, wording for both arguments can be found to back up both sides. So really there is no need to insult those who had a different impression of what was advertised.

Regardless, my only issue is that there was a clear lack of structure shown outside the BW building. I am sure they knew the plan. But I think some rough estimates of what was coming could have calmed a lot of the outrage that has been shown so far.

For example, I ordered December. If on day one I knew there was no hope to get in. I would have not bothered to check. And again on day two. I would have understood my best hope was Friday. That is what I believe was the biggest error in judgement. If the timeframe for waves, and rough estimates of dates was out there before this all started, people would have been prepared.

People just want to get in the game, I don't blame them. However, I certainly won't join them.

Truth. I want nothing to do with the smacktards (good word OP) that moan about not being able to play now. Its disingenious of them to say its the worst launch ever because if they had preordered early and got into EGA they would be saying how much they love the game. All of their arguments boil down to "ME FIRST!", despite what was clearly stated in the preorder. Self Entitled whining gnats. I guess this is what you get when you tell every child they are a special wittle snowflake.

OP:

The game has launched

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=286#edit286

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us....

....And finally we want to emphasize that this is just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, but it’s not done;

Unless of course you wish to tell BioWare it's game has not launched.

I'm gona trust the Developers of the game more than a random idiot... Maybe if you read what the Dev posted you would see these two lines:

"This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, "

" just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, "

Reading 101... try it.

of course they have to launch the game so early access can play it, hence early access........ think everyone who believes this guy^ and his interpretation of what the devs said need some reading comprehension/logic 101.

I'm gona trust the Developers of the game more than a random idiot... Maybe if you read what the Dev posted you would see these two lines:

"This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, "

" just the beginning of a very long journey together. The game is launched, "

Reading 101... try it.

People like you crack me up.... just wanna see thier sigs in a forum so they post the most "smacktarded" crap ever which just helps NONE !! I can't speak for others but selfserving smacktards like you need to get a life.

I couldn't give a flying **** about getting attention, I'd rather the forums weren't a mash of useless whining though so you could actually use them for y'know, discussing the game.

I think this is where your argument died.....you posted a whining post... meh 1/10 :(

Usually the customer is right even if he is wrong. Most of times companies even admit mistakes they haven't done just to keep customers happy so they would avoid bad PR.

Oops. Sorry wrong game!

<TOR MODE>

Thank you overlords for having chance to play this game that has started but most of haven't had chance to play yet. I'll kick myself on the way out, no need to do it for me.

</TOR MODE>

I'm pretty certain that the pre-order and early access details have been known for a long time. I mean I only checked up on SWTOR every few months and had a completely clear idea of how early access was going to work months ago.

It was clear that it was "up to five days" and that people who pre-ordered earlier got more of that than people who pre-ordered later. That was all there. It was obvious that this was to stagger release and give an easier launch.

So where the hell has all the bile and hate come from? I can't believe that people are so genuinely illiterate that they failed to understand the information explaining how it was going to work. I can't believe that people are genuinely raged over a day or two of playtime. I can't believe that people are confusing "early access" with "im not let into launch yet and have to queue".

Seriously community, you're wanting to play a bioware game and you can't manage to read successfully? The hell is wrong with you?

Also it's worked perfectly so far with no lag or crashes. We'll have to see how it holds up for the real launch but it's been one of the smoothest rides of a MMO release ever.

Do you think that acting like you do and posting such topics is a better way to prove that you re a mature person ? I don't think so. To me both those that are insulting Bioware because of the EAG and those that keep posting topics to insult people that are raging against Bioware are to put in the same boat. The only thing that both sides do is to maintain the hate/rage. Edited by EmmanuelFR

Do you think that acting like you do and posting such topics is a better way to prove that you re a mature person ? I don't think so. To me both those that are insulting Bioware because of the EAG and those that keep posting topics to insult people that are raging against Bioware are to put in the same boat. The only thing that both sides do is to maintain the hate/rage.

Dude, there's a reason I'm playing Sith.

Do you think that acting like you do and posting such topics is a better way to prove that you re a mature person ? I don't think so. To me both those that are insulting Bioware because of the EAG and those that keep posting topics to insult people that are raging against Bioware are to put in the same boat. The only thing that both sides do is to maintain the hate/rage.

See above post :rolleyes:

the redeem code thing was not known tell pretty close to release.

Because they added it in on the fly as a good solution to helping server stability.

Early access was known long be for release but the system no, and it also changed often and made it really hard to take time off around my work week also.

i just ended up not taking off work because if they could not give me a set time then screw it id rather work than take off extra days i don't need to play a game

i like having nice things more than having nice video game things....