The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Exar Kun vs. Lord Vitiate

LordMaximum

Emperor wins. As much as I like Exar Kun as a character (he ranks as my all time favourite), he's always been shown to have weaknesses. If the likes of Freedon Nadd can trick Kun into things I'm sure Vitiate wouldn't have too mucch trouble.

Don't get me wrong, Exar Kun is powerful, sure, but he usually is portayed as someone who enhances himself, force-wise, with Sith amulets and the like. He might take Vitiate one-on-one with a lightsaber but when it comes to overall power, I think the Emperor is simply on a different level, especially when it comes to output.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emperor wins. As much as I like Exar Kun as a character (he ranks as my all time favourite), he's always been shown to have weaknesses. If the likes of Freedon Nadd can trick Kun into things I'm sure Vitiate wouldn't have too mucch trouble.

Don't get me wrong, Exar Kun is powerful, sure, but he usually is portayed as someone who enhances himself, force-wise, with Sith amulets and the like. He might take Vitiate one-on-one with a lightsaber but when it comes to overall power, I think the Emperor is simply on a different level, especially when it comes to output.

who said you have to be honorable to win on your enemy.:p

Edited by undeadsithdread

Vitiate took on Scourge, Exile, and Revan I think that gives him victory

Vitiate didn't took on all three of them at once or at all. He only took on Revan who deflected most of his attacks and pushed him back twice. The only thing Revan could not handle was Vitiate's Force Storm which penetrated Revan's force shielding weakening and burning him. HK47 sets Vitiate on fire but he uses the force to mitigate the damage and unleashes his full power on poor HK47 blowing him into pieces. Vitiate force pulls Revan's lightsaber and when he was about to strike Revan down Matra Surik (the exile) used a saber throw to knock the lightsaber of Vitiate's hand. Scourge was only watching and fight and seeing different outcomes but he noticed that the Matra Surik could have killed the emperor with the saber throw but decided to save Revan instead. She then positioned herself between Revan and Vitiate as in to protect Revan and that's when Scourge strikes Matra Surik down in one blow. Revan is shocked when Scourage betrays them and in that instant the emperor used force lightning to drop him unconcious. I am skipping a lot of important details but Revan was able to outmatch the emperor without wearing himself out for the most part. Had Scourge and Matra Surik engaged the emperor to aid Revan sooner I believe they would have killed him considering they where both extremely powerful and Matra Surik being a former Jedi master and most trusted follower of Revan would have fought fearlessly against a wounded emperor. Scourge however was a sissy and paid the price by ending up as a Jedi companion in TOR hahahaha! I don't know if Exar Kun was at the same caliber with the force as Revan but I believe Revan would have torn the emperor apart without even using a lightsaber due to his deep understanding of both the light side and the dark side and his lack of fear against an opponent as powerful as Vitiate. He is the only one who has been able to wound the emperor and it was said his eyes went from black to yellow after Revan deflected a few of his deadly lightning bolts back to Vitiate, hitting him in the chest, with both lightsaber and with his hands. Revan survived 300 years of mental torture from Vitiate and he feed fear into the Emperor making him question himself and delaying his invasion by 300 years. He was also able to kill the Emperor (not confirmed) and escape into the Foundry.

This is only my humble opinion. Yes I am a Revan fanboy. Flame on!

Edited by Jurakan

Vitiate didn't took on all three of them at once or at all. He only took on Revan who deflected most of his attacks and pushed him back twice. The only thing Revan could not handle was Vitiate's Force Storm which penetrated Revan's force shielding weakening and burning him. HK47 sets Vitiate on fire but he uses the force to mitigate the damage and unleashes his full power on poor HK47 blowing him into pieces. Vitiate force pulls Revan's lightsaber and when he was about to strike Revan down Matra Surik (the exile) used a saber throw to knock the lightsaber of Vitiate's hand. Scourge was only watching and fight and seeing different outcomes but he noticed that the Matra Surik could have killed the emperor with the saber throw but decided to save Revan instead. She then positioned herself between Revan and Vitiate as in to protect Revan and that's when Scourge strikes Matra Surik down in one blow. Revan is shocked when Scourage betrays them and in that instant the emperor used force lightning to drop him unconcious. I am skipping a lot of important details but Revan was able to outmatch the emperor without wearing himself out for the most part. I don't know if Exar Kun was at the same caliber with the force as Revan but I believe Revan would have torn the emperor apart without even using a lightsaber due to his deep understanding of both the light side and the dark side and his lack of fear against an opponent as powerful as Vitiate. He is the only one who has been able to wound the emperor and it was said his eyes went from black to yellow after Revan deflected a few of his deadly lightning bolts back to Vitiate, hitting him in the chest, with both lightsaber and with his hands. Revan survived 300 years of mental torture from Vitiate and he feed fear into the Emperor making him question himself and delaying his invasion by 300 years. He was also able to kill the Emperor (not confirmed) and escape into the Foundry.

This is only my humble opinion. Yes I am a Revan fanboy. Flame on!

As long as you don't think Revan is the more powerful than Luke or Sidious than your my favorite fanboy.

I believe Luke became the most powerful in the EU followed by Revan and Darth Sidius after. Sidius earned most of his feats by deceit. I'm not saying he wasn't more powerful in the force than Revan but his knowledge of the force was limited strictly to the Dark Side and his ability to manipulate the mind of the weak is not that impressive considering all force users are able to. His ability to use the force to shroud him intentions from Yoda and the Jedi Council and play them like a piano are amazing thou. He was taken as an apprentice early in his life by Darth Plageis and unlike Revan he never learned both sides of the force. I am taking in consideration that because of the Rule of two Palpatine's knowledge in the force was absolute during his reign but in Revan's era there was a lot more evil out there than Sidius. I believe Luke became the most powerful when he eventually learned to balance both the light side and the dark side of the force and did amazing feats that other Jedi where never capable of doing. I'm not saying Sidius didn't do amazing things also like, control the galaxy by playing both sides, kill 3 jedi masters in a 4v1 in less than five seconds, eradicate the Jedi, survive a fight against Mace Windu, turn Luke to the dark side as a clone by overpowering him, etc... As a spirit he could have possibly lived forever had he succeeded in possesing a young Anakin Solo. But he did a lot by treachery starting by killing his master while he is asleep, betraying count Dooku and misleading Anakin. Seriously! Revan earned control of the galaxy by spilling blood yet prefer to walk away, get married to Bastila Shan and live the simple life until the force called upon him.

Ohh and for the record I am not a Sidius hater and I love him for training my boy Darth Maul but this are my honest 2cents.

I am taking my picks based on who I would go for if they fought each other!

Edited by Jurakan

do it !

As you say.

I believe Luke became the most powerful in the EU followed by Revan and Darth Sidius after. Sidius earned most of his feats by deceit. I'm not saying he wasn't more powerful in the force than Revan but his knowledge of the force was limited strictly to the Dark Side and his ability to manipulate the mind of the weak is not that impressive considering all force users are able to. His ability to use the force to shroud him intentions from Yoda and the Jedi Council and play them like a piano are amazing thou. He was taken as an apprentice early in his life by Darth Plageis and unlike Revan he never learned both sides of the force. I am taking in consideration that because of the Rule of two Palpatine's knowledge in the force was absolute during his reign but in Revan's era there was a lot more evil out there than Sidius. I believe Luke became the most powerful when he eventually learned to balance both the light side and the dark side of the force and did amazing feats that other Jedi where never capable of doing. I'm not saying Sidius didn't do amazing things also like, control the galaxy by playing both sides, kill 3 jedi masters in a 4v1 in less than five seconds, eradicate the Jedi, survive a fight against Mace Windu, turn Luke to the dark side as a clone by overpowering him, etc... As a spirit he could have possibly lived forever had he succeeded in possesing a young Anakin Solo. But he did a lot by treachery starting by killing his master while he is asleep, betraying count Dooku and misleading Anakin. Seriously! Revan earned control of the galaxy by spilling blood yet prefer to walk away, get married to Bastila Shan and live the simple life until the force called upon him.

Ohh and for the record I am not a Sidius hater and I love him for training my boy Darth Maul but this are my honest 2cents.

I am taking my picks based on who I would go for if they fought each other!

1. Revan has done nothing that can surpass Sidious

2. Sidious nearly turned some of the most powerful Force Users just from them being in his presnece.

4. Revan has not mastered either Side of the Force. He has just studied/used both of them. Sidious mastered the Dark Side.

5. Sidious's evilness is just about equal to the SE's Evilness and probably more evil.

6. Revan never created a Force Storm that could consume Fleets and Planets.

7. Revna is not Immortal. Vitate wa skeeping him alive.

8. Revan never mastered Essence Transfer.

9. Revan never conquered the entire galaxy

And Sidious did allot more.

2. Sidious nearly turned some of the most powerful Force Users just from them being in his presnece.

Can you name some?

4. Revan has not mastered either Side of the Force. He has just studied/used both of them. Sidious mastered the Dark Side.

He was strong enough in the dark side to absorb a force storm and smoke a council member in a weakened state.

6. Revan never created a Force Storm that could consume Fleets and Planets.

Vitiate consumed planets but not Sidius. Keep them separated.

7. Revna is not Immortal. Vitate wa skeeping him alive.

I know that, for 300 years he was kept on stasis being probed and tortured and still couldn't break him.

1. Revan has done nothing that can surpass Sidious

5. Sidious's evilness is just about equal to the SE's Evilness and probably more evil.

8. Revan never mastered Essence Transfer.

Sidius couldn't absorb a whole planet like Vitiate and that doesn't make him any less. Yoda didn't have many dark side powers and he was still as powerful as many. If you read you will find it's about balance. Not just who dominates the dark side of the force or who is more evil. Luke wasn't evil and you listed him as one of the most powerful. Neither he nor Revan used the force for destructive ends but that doesn't mean they couldn't obtain those powers had they grown in the darkside. You said Revan was did not master any side of the force? Really? How many Jedi or Sith masters can absorb and deflect force storms and lightnings from the Vitiate with their hands? Read the novel.

Edited by Jurakan

Can you name some?

He was strong enough in the dark side to absorb a force storm and smoke a council member in a weakened state.

Vitiate consumed planets but not Sidius. Keep them separated.

I know that, for 300 years he was kept on stasis being probed and tortured and still couldn't break him.

Sidius couldn't absorb a whole planet like Vitiate and that doesn't make him any less. Yoda didn't have many dark side powers and he was still as powerful as many. If you read you will find it's about balance. Not just who dominates the dark side of the force or who is more evil. Luke wasn't evil and you listed him as one of the most powerful. Neither he nor Revan used the force for destructive ends but that doesn't mean they couldn't obtain those powers had they grown in the darkside. You said Revan was did not master any side of the force? Really? How many Jedi or Sith masters can absorb and deflect force storms and lightnings from the Vitiate with their hands? Read the novel.

No. Sidious didn't consume an entire planet because he didn't want to. Sidious wanted to rule. He was about order. The current emperor seeks to destroy the galaxy. Sidious didn't. Sidious was all about ruling his current galaxy. Sidious force drained billions of people at once to strengthen himself and stopped just short of killing them. Sidious was capable of releasing force wormholes that had the ability to destroy planets and entire starfleets. Though, he only used this power to destroy an entire starfleet. Sidious could move faster than the eye can see and mastered all but one form of saber combat.

Sidious mind wiped 60,000,000,000 people at once. Luke felt so hopeless just by being in his presence that he willingly sided with him. Sidious was able to transfer his mind to other bodies.

Further, Vitiate uses artifacts to bolster his powers. Sidious doesn't. The power is all his. Vitiate consumed an entire planet through a ritual. Rituals cannot be done instantly. Rituals take time to setup and prepare. Sidious can destroy planets instantly. In a duel with Luke (after ROTJ when he was much more powerful and stronger than any Jedi in history.) Luke cut off his hand. Sidious immediately laughed and attempted to use his force wormhole power to destroy Luke.

At the time he couldn't control it very well and Luke/Leia combined their powers to make Sidious lose control. Later he mastered this very power.

The emperor and Luke were described to be moving so fast Leia couldn't even see them. She could only feel the light and the dark side battling and she sensed that Luke was winning.

Sidious has mastered every Dark Side power there is and is able to create new ones at will. Where does it state that Vitiate mastered every Dark Side power?

Sidious studied both Jedi lore and Light Sided powers. On top of the dark side. Where does it state Vitiate studied Light side powers?

Sidious is stated in multiple sources to be the most powerful Sith to ever exist. Where does it state the same for Vitiate?

Finally.. Revan lost to the emperor. He didn't absorb the force storm from Vitiate entirely. He was wounded by it.

Vitiate's force storm/lightning is not shown to be anywhere near as powerful as Sidious.

Who destroyed multiple force users by turning them into ash in a single gout.

Who was able to take down Lord Vader when Galen Marek, who's force lightning was strong enough to incinerate an entire squadron of storm troopers and destroy an AT-ST and the people inside. Could only knock Vader backwards. Not even defeat him. Let alone kill him.

And then he becomes far more powerful by switching to a younger clone body. How strong is his force lightning then? What is there to compare to Vitiate's force lightning? Right. Nothing.

Revan is inferior to the Emperor. He couldn't beat him. The reason Lord Scourge struck down Meetra is because he knew they were going to lose. Meetra lost her only opportunity. He foresaw her winning until she chose to save Revan instead. Right there. They all lost. She could have taken the emperor by surprise but Revan would have died. Oh wait. Revan would have DIED. It clearly states that she SAVED HIM. If there was no interference. The Emperor would have KILLED REVAN.

And now for some sources..

"He studied the ancient ruins on the Sith mausoleum world of Korriban. He unlocked secrets of the Force from a captured Jedi Holocron. The dark side energies flowing through Palpatine's body were so intense, that they ravaged his mortal frame. The very source of Palpatine's strength was killing him.

To counter the dark side's consumption, Palpatine turned to a bizarre combination of technology and Sith magic. Palpatine used Spaarti cloning cylinders to create a store of younger bodies, and employed an ancient Sith technique to transfer his consciousness into a waiting clone. Thus, Palpatine could avoid death indefinitely -- as long as his supply of clones remained intact. He would change his form again and again, prolonging his life. Palpatine constructed a secret throne-world deep within the galaxy's core, on a shadowy world called Byss. Here, he kept his clones safe, protected by a loyal cadre of Dark Side Adepts. "

From StarWars.com written by leland chee.

"In true Sith tradition, Palpatine murdered his Master upon achieving the skill and ability to do so."

From Leland Chee

"Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chambers, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two entered into a spectacular duel -- a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force's light and dark sides. The Emperor proved too powerful to defeat. Though Yoda held his own for much of the duel, in the end, the Sith bested him. He realized that directly confronting the Sith would be doomed to failure. Defeated, Yoda slinked away into the shadows of the Senate chamber's cavernous depths, leaping into a waiting getaway speeder piloted by Bail Organa."

From leland Chee and he states Sidious/Yoda are the most powerful. Therefore. Up until the end of return of the Jedi. Sidious and Yoda are the most powerful Sith and Jedi. Revan automatically loses. The man who created Canon put Yoda and Sid up as the most powerful Jedi and Sith.

As Juno rescued the Senators, Starkiller confronted the Sith Lords who had been manipulating him for years. Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious. Bombarded by Force lightning, Starkiller did not fight back but instead unleashed all the power of the Force within him, causing a tremendous blast that shattered the Emperor's tower and caused enough of a distraction to allow Eclipse and the Rebel Senators to escape. - Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

“Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.”(The New Essential Chronology, page 84 )

Out of character source calling sidious the most powerful.

The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course [that the Rebel Alliance would be troublesome]; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith who had ever existed.” (Death Star, page 76)

Another source

“Vader imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Palpatine and established his own rule over the Empire. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known.” (Vader: the Ultimate Guide, page 19)

Another source

"Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure"-- The Dark Empire Sourcebook.

Oh look. He studied jedi disciplines. Note a source above also states he unlocked abilities from a JEDI holocron. He studied the lightside too.

“[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.”-- The Dark Side Sourcebook.

”Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time.”-- The Complete Visual Dictionary.

Another..

"The Sith Order, in hiding for a millennium, had awaited the birth of one who was powerful enough to return the Order to prominence. Darth Sidious was the fulfillment of that prophecy, capable of exacting the Sith's revenge on the Jedi for having nearly eradicated the practitioners of the dark side of the Force." -- the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

"Only Palpatine has been able to spread his darkness completely and totally over an entire galaxy. What has proven to be the lasting genius of Palpatine as Emperor is his devotion to collecting all the knowledge of the Dark Side that he can, as well as what Light Side information he can corrupt and preserve. He is no more altruistic than any other, but his newfound immortality has given him the patience that all before him have lacked."

From Leland Chee

There came a turning point in the clash of the light against the dark.

It did not come from a flash of lightning or slash of energy blade, though there were these in plenty; it did not come from a flying kick or a surgically precise punch, though these were traded, too.

It came as the battle shifted from the holding office to the great Chancellor's Podium; it came as the hydraulic lift beneath the Podium raised it on its tower of durasteel a hundred meters and more, so that it became a laserpoint of battle flaring at the focus of the vast emptiness of the Senate Arena; it came as the Force and the podium's controls ripped delegation pods free of the curving walls and made of them hammers, battering rams, catapult stones crashing and crushing against each other in a rolling thunder-roar that echoed the Senate's cheers for the galaxy's new Emperor.

It came when the avatar of light resolved into the lineage of the Jedi; when the lineage of the Jedi refined into one single Jedi.

It came when Yoda found himself alone against the dark.

In that lightning-speared tornado of feet and fists and blades and bashing machines, his vision finally pierced the darkness that had clouded the Force.

Finally, he saw the truth.

This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known...

just--

didn't--

have it.

He'd never had it. He had lost before he started.

He had lost before he was born.

The Sith had changed. The Sith had grown, had adapted, had invested a thousand years' intensive study into every aspect of not only the Force but Jedi lore itself, in preparation for exactly this day. The Sith had remade themselves.

They had become new.

While the Jedi--

The Jedi had spent that same millennium training to refight the last war.

The new Sith could not be destroyed with a lightsaber; they could not be burned away by any torch of the Force. The brighter the light, the darker their shadow. How could one win a war against the dark, when the war itself had become the dark's own weapon?

He knew, at that instant, that this insight held the hope of the galaxy. But if he fell here, that hope would die with him.

Yoda realizing he could not beat sidious but the interesting info in bold. Another source (the revenge of the sith novel) stating once again Sidious studied Jedi lore and it states Yoda being the most powerful foe the DARKNESS HAS EVER KNOWN

From the TFU Novel.

The apprentice crouched facedown in the snow, surrounded by rubble. His breath came in agonized, short gasps, but he was grateful for each one. He should be dead. That blow should have killed anyone. The fact that he was breathing testified to the one mistake his Master had done.

He had been rebuilt tougher than before.

Vader casually tossed him toward the icy cliff.

He though he was ready -and so the sheer severity of the opening blow took him by surprise.

A simple double stroke, up then down, it contained enough power to jar his wrist and shoulders and very nearly disarm him completely. The collision of their lightsabers was blinding. He staggered backward and found himself at the center of a Telekinetic storm. His Master seized on his momentary weakness and hurled missiles at him from all sides...

Darth Vader fought brilliantly, never employing anything less than a killing stroke. His intention was lethal. All he needed was one slip, one tiny gap in his opponent's defenses.

The apprentice vowed not to give him one...

The apprentice fell back under the rain of blows. The sizzling of fabric and a faint stink of burning skin told him that at least two of Darth Vader's misses had been horribly near...

Reaching out with his left hand, he blasted his Master with Sith Lightning. That broke the momentum of the furious onslaught, enabling him to stand and catch his breath. [...] The Dark Lord was instantly on his feet...

He beat back the telekinetic attack with one of his own, shoving his Master in the chest with the Force of a small explosion, throwing Darth Vader backward across the room.

For all his size and occasional clumsiness, the Dark Lord was sure on his feet. He landed upright and launched himself back into the fray.

As you can see force lightning from Galen Marek barely did anything to Vader.

DE Audiobook

Luke: "No! I made a mistake! I thought I had to save the galaxy alone. All by myself. But the way of the Jedi is not a solitary path."

Leia: "The holocron!! Luke, the holocron told me to “join with my brother!” "

Luke: "Yes. The Force binds us. Brings us together. Many people are fighting this war, together! Our ally is the Force! Through the strength of the Force, your shroud of evil has been lifted from my mind! "

<Lightsaber activating>

Emperor: "So be it. Through the power of the Force, you will die!"

<Sabers clashing>

Leia: "Be careful, Luke! The Force is strong... they’re both moving so fast, I can hardly see them... I feel waves of power... the Dark Side and the Light but I feel the Light... is winning!"

Dark Empire audiobook

Revan and Vitiate are very powerful but I'm sorry. Sidious and Luke has them both beat. I don't recall Revan being able to tear down a citadel and able to rebuild it within seconds. I don't recall Revan being able to conjure up an illusion of an entire starfleet. I don't recall Revan manipulating a black hole. I don't recall Revan able to warp objects to him. I don't recall Revan being able to appear like 20 lightsaber blades from moving so quickly while he becomes invisible. I don't recall Revan being able to stop a falling starship with the force itself, while he's in it, and slow it to a stop without crashing. I don't recall Revan knowing electric judgement.

As for Revan smoking a council member. In a sense he did and in a sense he didn't. He did the same thing Yoda did to Dooku. Just she couldn't deflect her own power. All he did was absorb and release it back at her. Dooku was able to re-direct the re-directed energy. So I'd say the council member was on a lower level than Dooku.

P.S. Sidious force wormhole can travel thousands of lightyears. Meaning if he truly desired he could eliminate anything in his path including whatever planets happen to be in the way. In Revan's shoes? He wouldn't even need to board Vitiate's ship. He could just blow him away and his immortality would amount to nothing as he'd be consumed by a wormhole.

Edited by Rhyltran

Actually, Meetra gave him the strength to fight back, if not for her, Vitiate would've learned everything he wanted and would've just killed him.

Also, read Rhyltran's post, states everything else you need to know.

Honestly, from those times, Nihilus impressed me far more than either Revan or Vitiate, He could absorb all life around him and cut one off from the force, those two things combined make him one of the deadliest opponents in the EU.

..... Some serious Sidious fanboys here...

Anyhoo, When Tenebrae was 10 years old, he stripped his father, SITH LORD Dramath of his powers, and tortured him to death :

"Even though he was only ten years old, he stripped his father of his power and his sanity before killing him, with Lord Dramath's last moments weeping in terror, looking up into his son's black eyes."

I'd like to see Sidious that strong as a mere kid.

"When he was thirteen, he came before Marka Ragnos, the Dark Lord of the Sith and the ruler of the Sith Council and Sith Empire. Lord Ragnos was impressed by the youth's power and ambition."

Imagine that. Marka Ragnos would've SMOKED Sidious if he came before him seeking power.

But a 10 year old was granted the title "Lord". Hmm.

Tenebrae also killed hundreds of powerful Sith Lords who came to Medriaas to claim his father's vacant throne, before he crushed hundreds of other Sith Lords' wills and made them his puppets.

He also decimated the FORCE and all in it on Medriaas.... He removed the force, much like Nihilus could, another one who'd utterly DECIMATE your precious Sidious.

He was over 1300 years old, a longer rule of the Sith hasn't been seen. Sidious ruled for, what, 30 ? I rest my case.

And also, you say Revan didn't master both sides of the force? Hahah. Actually, he DID. He was more "the chosen one" than Vader ever was.

Had Malak not betrayed him, Revan would have annihilated the Old Republic, and made his own empire. Read up.

Edited by Castiel

No. Sidious didn't consume an entire planet because he didn't want to. Sidious wanted to rule. He was about order. The current emperor seeks to destroy the galaxy. Sidious didn't. Sidious was all about ruling his current galaxy. Sidious force drained billions of people at once to strengthen himself and stopped just short of killing them. Sidious was capable of releasing force wormholes that had the ability to destroy planets and entire starfleets. Though, he only used this power to destroy an entire starfleet. Sidious could move faster than the eye can see and mastered all but one form of saber combat.

Sidious mind wiped 60,000,000,000 people at once. Luke felt so hopeless just by being in his presence that he willingly sided with him. Sidious was able to transfer his mind to other bodies.

Further, Vitiate uses artifacts to bolster his powers. Sidious doesn't. The power is all his. Vitiate consumed an entire planet through a ritual. Rituals cannot be done instantly. Rituals take time to setup and prepare. Sidious can destroy planets instantly. In a duel with Luke (after ROTJ when he was much more powerful and stronger than any Jedi in history.) Luke cut off his hand. Sidious immediately laughed and attempted to use his force wormhole power to destroy Luke.

At the time he couldn't control it very well and Luke/Leia combined their powers to make Sidious lose control. Later he mastered this very power.

The emperor and Luke were described to be moving so fast Leia couldn't even see them. She could only feel the light and the dark side battling and she sensed that Luke was winning.

Sidious has mastered every Dark Side power there is and is able to create new ones at will. Where does it state that Vitiate mastered every Dark Side power?

Sidious studied both Jedi lore and Light Sided powers. On top of the dark side. Where does it state Vitiate studied Light side powers?

Sidious is stated in multiple sources to be the most powerful Sith to ever exist. Where does it state the same for Vitiate?

Finally.. Revan lost to the emperor. He didn't absorb the force storm from Vitiate entirely. He was wounded by it.

Vitiate's force storm/lightning is not shown to be anywhere near as powerful as Sidious.

Who destroyed multiple force users by turning them into ash in a single gout.

Who was able to take down Lord Vader when Galen Marek, who's force lightning was strong enough to incinerate an entire squadron of storm troopers and destroy an AT-ST and the people inside. Could only knock Vader backwards. Not even defeat him. Let alone kill him.

And then he becomes far more powerful by switching to a younger clone body. How strong is his force lightning then? What is there to compare to Vitiate's force lightning? Right. Nothing.

Revan is inferior to the Emperor. He couldn't beat him. The reason Lord Scourge struck down Meetra is because he knew they were going to lose. Meetra lost her only opportunity. He foresaw her winning until she chose to save Revan instead. Right there. They all lost. She could have taken the emperor by surprise but Revan would have died. Oh wait. Revan would have DIED. It clearly states that she SAVED HIM. If there was no interference. The Emperor would have KILLED REVAN.

And now for some sources..

"He studied the ancient ruins on the Sith mausoleum world of Korriban. He unlocked secrets of the Force from a captured Jedi Holocron. The dark side energies flowing through Palpatine's body were so intense, that they ravaged his mortal frame. The very source of Palpatine's strength was killing him.

To counter the dark side's consumption, Palpatine turned to a bizarre combination of technology and Sith magic. Palpatine used Spaarti cloning cylinders to create a store of younger bodies, and employed an ancient Sith technique to transfer his consciousness into a waiting clone. Thus, Palpatine could avoid death indefinitely -- as long as his supply of clones remained intact. He would change his form again and again, prolonging his life. Palpatine constructed a secret throne-world deep within the galaxy's core, on a shadowy world called Byss. Here, he kept his clones safe, protected by a loyal cadre of Dark Side Adepts. "

From StarWars.com written by leland chee.

"In true Sith tradition, Palpatine murdered his Master upon achieving the skill and ability to do so."

From Leland Chee

"Inside the spacious interior of the Galactic Senate chambers, Yoda challenged the Emperor. The two entered into a spectacular duel -- a contest between the most powerful practitioners of the Force's light and dark sides. The Emperor proved too powerful to defeat. Though Yoda held his own for much of the duel, in the end, the Sith bested him. He realized that directly confronting the Sith would be doomed to failure. Defeated, Yoda slinked away into the shadows of the Senate chamber's cavernous depths, leaping into a waiting getaway speeder piloted by Bail Organa."

From leland Chee and he states Sidious/Yoda are the most powerful. Therefore. Up until the end of return of the Jedi. Sidious and Yoda are the most powerful Sith and Jedi. Revan automatically loses. The man who created Canon put Yoda and Sid up as the most powerful Jedi and Sith.

As Juno rescued the Senators, Starkiller confronted the Sith Lords who had been manipulating him for years. Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious. Bombarded by Force lightning, Starkiller did not fight back but instead unleashed all the power of the Force within him, causing a tremendous blast that shattered the Emperor's tower and caused enough of a distraction to allow Eclipse and the Rebel Senators to escape. - Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

“Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.”(The New Essential Chronology, page 84 )

Out of character source calling sidious the most powerful.

The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course [that the Rebel Alliance would be troublesome]; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith who had ever existed.” (Death Star, page 76)

Another source

“Vader imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Palpatine and established his own rule over the Empire. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known.” (Vader: the Ultimate Guide, page 19)

Another source

"Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure"-- The Dark Empire Sourcebook.

Oh look. He studied jedi disciplines. Note a source above also states he unlocked abilities from a JEDI holocron. He studied the lightside too.

“[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.”-- The Dark Side Sourcebook.

”Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time.”-- The Complete Visual Dictionary.

Another..

"The Sith Order, in hiding for a millennium, had awaited the birth of one who was powerful enough to return the Order to prominence. Darth Sidious was the fulfillment of that prophecy, capable of exacting the Sith's revenge on the Jedi for having nearly eradicated the practitioners of the dark side of the Force." -- the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

"Only Palpatine has been able to spread his darkness completely and totally over an entire galaxy. What has proven to be the lasting genius of Palpatine as Emperor is his devotion to collecting all the knowledge of the Dark Side that he can, as well as what Light Side information he can corrupt and preserve. He is no more altruistic than any other, but his newfound immortality has given him the patience that all before him have lacked."

From Leland Chee

There came a turning point in the clash of the light against the dark.

It did not come from a flash of lightning or slash of energy blade, though there were these in plenty; it did not come from a flying kick or a surgically precise punch, though these were traded, too.

It came as the battle shifted from the holding office to the great Chancellor's Podium; it came as the hydraulic lift beneath the Podium raised it on its tower of durasteel a hundred meters and more, so that it became a laserpoint of battle flaring at the focus of the vast emptiness of the Senate Arena; it came as the Force and the podium's controls ripped delegation pods free of the curving walls and made of them hammers, battering rams, catapult stones crashing and crushing against each other in a rolling thunder-roar that echoed the Senate's cheers for the galaxy's new Emperor.

It came when the avatar of light resolved into the lineage of the Jedi; when the lineage of the Jedi refined into one single Jedi.

It came when Yoda found himself alone against the dark.

In that lightning-speared tornado of feet and fists and blades and bashing machines, his vision finally pierced the darkness that had clouded the Force.

Finally, he saw the truth.

This truth: that he, the avatar of light, Supreme Master of the Jedi Order, the fiercest, most implacable, most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known...

just--

didn't--

have it.

He'd never had it. He had lost before he started.

He had lost before he was born.

The Sith had changed. The Sith had grown, had adapted, had invested a thousand years' intensive study into every aspect of not only the Force but Jedi lore itself, in preparation for exactly this day. The Sith had remade themselves.

They had become new.

While the Jedi--

The Jedi had spent that same millennium training to refight the last war.

The new Sith could not be destroyed with a lightsaber; they could not be burned away by any torch of the Force. The brighter the light, the darker their shadow. How could one win a war against the dark, when the war itself had become the dark's own weapon?

He knew, at that instant, that this insight held the hope of the galaxy. But if he fell here, that hope would die with him.

Yoda realizing he could not beat sidious but the interesting info in bold. Another source (the revenge of the sith novel) stating once again Sidious studied Jedi lore and it states Yoda being the most powerful foe the DARKNESS HAS EVER KNOWN

From the TFU Novel.

The apprentice crouched facedown in the snow, surrounded by rubble. His breath came in agonized, short gasps, but he was grateful for each one. He should be dead. That blow should have killed anyone. The fact that he was breathing testified to the one mistake his Master had done.

He had been rebuilt tougher than before.

Vader casually tossed him toward the icy cliff.

He though he was ready -and so the sheer severity of the opening blow took him by surprise.

A simple double stroke, up then down, it contained enough power to jar his wrist and shoulders and very nearly disarm him completely. The collision of their lightsabers was blinding. He staggered backward and found himself at the center of a Telekinetic storm. His Master seized on his momentary weakness and hurled missiles at him from all sides...

Darth Vader fought brilliantly, never employing anything less than a killing stroke. His intention was lethal. All he needed was one slip, one tiny gap in his opponent's defenses.

The apprentice vowed not to give him one...

The apprentice fell back under the rain of blows. The sizzling of fabric and a faint stink of burning skin told him that at least two of Darth Vader's misses had been horribly near...

Reaching out with his left hand, he blasted his Master with Sith Lightning. That broke the momentum of the furious onslaught, enabling him to stand and catch his breath. [...] The Dark Lord was instantly on his feet...

He beat back the telekinetic attack with one of his own, shoving his Master in the chest with the Force of a small explosion, throwing Darth Vader backward across the room.

For all his size and occasional clumsiness, the Dark Lord was sure on his feet. He landed upright and launched himself back into the fray.

As you can see force lightning from Galen Marek barely did anything to Vader.

DE Audiobook

Luke: "No! I made a mistake! I thought I had to save the galaxy alone. All by myself. But the way of the Jedi is not a solitary path."

Leia: "The holocron!! Luke, the holocron told me to “join with my brother!” "

Luke: "Yes. The Force binds us. Brings us together. Many people are fighting this war, together! Our ally is the Force! Through the strength of the Force, your shroud of evil has been lifted from my mind! "

<Lightsaber activating>

Emperor: "So be it. Through the power of the Force, you will die!"

<Sabers clashing>

Leia: "Be careful, Luke! The Force is strong... they’re both moving so fast, I can hardly see them... I feel waves of power... the Dark Side and the Light but I feel the Light... is winning!"

Dark Empire audiobook

Revan and Vitiate are very powerful but I'm sorry. Sidious and Luke has them both beat. I don't recall Revan being able to tear down a citadel and able to rebuild it within seconds. I don't recall Revan being able to conjure up an illusion of an entire starfleet. I don't recall Revan manipulating a black hole. I don't recall Revan able to warp objects to him. I don't recall Revan being able to appear like 20 lightsaber blades from moving so quickly while he becomes invisible. I don't recall Revan being able to stop a falling starship with the force itself, while he's in it, and slow it to a stop without crashing. I don't recall Revan knowing electric judgement.

As for Revan smoking a council member. In a sense he did and in a sense he didn't. He did the same thing Yoda did to Dooku. Just she couldn't deflect her own power. All he did was absorb and release it back at her. Dooku was able to re-direct the re-directed energy. So I'd say the council member was on a lower level than Dooku.

P.S. Sidious force wormhole can travel thousands of lightyears. Meaning if he truly desired he could eliminate anything in his path including whatever planets happen to be in the way. In Revan's shoes? He wouldn't even need to board Vitiate's ship. He could just blow him away and his immortality would amount to nothing as he'd be consumed by a wormhole.

This.

For anyone who thinks Sidious isn't the most powerful Sith Lord.

..... Some serious Sidious fanboys here...

Anyhoo, When Tenebrae was 10 years old, he stripped his father, SITH LORD Dramath of his powers, and tortured him to death :

"Even though he was only ten years old, he stripped his father of his power and his sanity before killing him, with Lord Dramath's last moments weeping in terror, looking up into his son's black eyes."

I'd like to see Sidious that strong as a mere kid.

"When he was thirteen, he came before Marka Ragnos, the Dark Lord of the Sith and the ruler of the Sith Council and Sith Empire. Lord Ragnos was impressed by the youth's power and ambition."

Imagine that. Marka Ragnos would've SMOKED Sidious if he came before him seeking power.

But a 10 year old was granted the title "Lord". Hmm.

Tenebrae also killed hundreds of powerful Sith Lords who came to Medriaas to claim his father's vacant throne, before he crushed hundreds of other Sith Lords' wills and made them his puppets.

He also decimated the FORCE and all in it on Medriaas.... He removed the force, much like Nihilus could, another one who'd utterly DECIMATE your precious Sidious.

He was over 1300 years old, a longer rule of the Sith hasn't been seen. Sidious ruled for, what, 30 ? I rest my case.

And also, you say Revan didn't master both sides of the force? Hahah. Actually, he DID. He was more "the chosen one" than Vader ever was.

Had Malak not betrayed him, Revan would have annihilated the Old Republic, and made his own empire. Read up.

You're seriously laughable. Its been an undisputed fact in SW that sidious IS number one sith lord.

The Rebels were turning out to be more troublesome than many had expected. The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith to have ever existed.

-- Death Star, page 76.

"...Yoda could defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."

-- The New Essential Chronology, page 84

Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting.

-- The Complete Visual Dictionary, page 72.

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

Empire's End, one of the Ancient Sith spirits: "He gave up everything to the Dark Side long ago. He has become the greatest who ever lived. He is the strongest who ever lived....I say we give what he wishes."

Star Wars Insider, Kevin J. Anderson, upon asked if he ever intended his Sith to be stronger than the OT sith: No. Exar Kun, Naga Sadow and the others are on a firmly lower tier than Emperor Palpatine.

On TFN.net, official response to the strongest Sith: Palpatine at his peak.

Essential Chronology: the most powerful Sith who had ever lived, Emperor Palpatine had returned from the grave."

[The Galactic Emperor] had succeeded where all others failed in taming the Dark Side. He would journey across the universe, spreading the shadow of his rule, blotting out the stars themselves, and taking his Dark Rule to other helpless galaxies.

The dark side sourcebook.

Not to mention that

-He could create hyperspace wormholes with his own power that wiped out an entire fleet or warships and been stated to be able to "tear a planets surface off"

-Unleash a blast of lightning that killed 50 stormtroopers while diverting it from his own men

-Unleash a galaxy wide battle meditation

-Mindwipe millions of citizens to forget they saw the construction of the lusankya.

-Being the very imbalance of the force itself

-Having the ancient sith bow to him

-Draining he entire planet of byss by merely being on it with his own power(Youre precious vitiate did it with the help of relics)

-Swiftly killing 3 of the orders greatest swordsman in a few swift strokes.